• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

what's going on with every single server SPOOFING on twitch?

Verycoolguy

Banned User
Reaction score
I visit twitch from time to time and after wearetibia started to do it every singe day, all the servers that advertise on twitch does it now. Feels kinda sad. Shoudn't otland ban on this forum the servers/people who do it? It gives such a bad reputation to the OT community faking the people online on your server, not only on your web, but on twitch. If they do this, they won't have any problem on adding your computer to their botnet or mining some bitcoins...

Budex also started... outcast seems to do it aswell... ryan...
Don't be like this...

spoofing/viewbots is cheap and easy way to grow your server
so it makes sense that people does it, since it does bring actual real players to play and more money to their pockets. ofc its not fair but they arent looking for some fair ots they are just looking for shortterm players and getting more money
for example this wearetibia guy has done this for months now, and ots is his job so he has to use these shady tricks to get players and keep his job
also there's no bad consequences to viewbotting ur server on twitch, maybe otland should punish such servers. but there's also otland staff behind these viewbotted servers, so it's never going to happen. and they haven't cared about spoofed servers in past either, and it makes sense i think it should be up to the players themselves to look such things up
and also banning servers on otland doesnt affect players in any way only a very small percentage of players come from here

Last edited:
They are getting smarter every day, now they don't even risk getting his twitch deleted under their name, they just spoof the people who stream that server...

Same reason people buy twitter followers and facebook likes. Because it works. Even though it's tasteless and "cheating", it's a legit business strategy to increase brand recognition.

Same reason people buy twitter followers and facebook likes. Because it works. Even though it's tasteless and "cheating", it's a legit business strategy to increase brand recognition.
But actually, they do it in a very obv way. Like 90% of the people see it as spoofing for sure.

Yes but as long as the 10% joins and invites their friends, it's all been worth it.
Weird, but you must be right. I was thinking it worked pretty close like the yellow banner on otservlist. it gives you visibility.

Weird, but you must be right. I was thinking it worked pretty close like the yellow banner on otservlist. it gives you visibility.

Yep, there's an old expression;
"Any publicity is good publicity"

As long as your brand is out there, it's in people's minds, and that means they might give you money.

Good ol' human psychology.

Back