• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Where can I find a Hoster

Slife

Scripter
Reaction score
Hi, I'm searching for a cheap dedicated server or a cheap VPS (less than 100$/month) that allows me to run a tibia rl map with 30-40 players and no lag.

I was thinking in this plan, but how many players in a rl map should support with no lag?

Windows Server 2008 R2 32 Bit - Web Edition
Intel Celeron 2 GHz Single Core Processor
2 GB Memory
160 Gig 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Single 10/100 Ethernet Card
1 usable IP Address
750 GB/mo. bandwidth

Thanks for your answer Saj.

Another question, how can I run a Mystic Spirit variant in Linux? (I know you can but you had to compile it, I had the source of mi eddited Mystic Spirit so, what I had to do now?)

Last edited:
Use 0.3+. It has more features and more stable. I've upgraded from Mystic Spirit, so I know :)

But if I use 0.3 I had to update all the scripts. And there're a lot and most of them are self builded or high part edited by me.

Last edited:
Can this server run a RL Map (88 MB) with 100 players more or less?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.0 GHz
2GB DDR2
2 x 80GB
CentOS 5.3 32/64bit / Ubuntu 8.10 32/64bit / Debian 5.0 32/64bit
(I can choose, tell me what is the best, I never had hosted a otserv in linux and I had low experience with it)
1 x 100Mbps Full-Duplex
4000GB Traffic
No Control Panel
Unmanaged (Self-Managed)

It can handle realmap, but it might be slow since it's going to use swap memory after a while from startup.
Also if you decide to buy it - install 32bit OS.

dont rent any dedicated server
buy you a own one :D
i bought my dedicated server for 100euro
i upgraded it to 3GB RAM,
and max players has been 96 players, The processor was working 0-5%
and Ram from 2-2,5GB

Haha, LoL!
I have one computer, then have:

80gb
1,5 gb ram
Windows xp

buy 2002!
On this computer i have 200 max player and my record was 110 player and NO LAGG!!!!!

If you have good computer and not do somethink on and it is no program installed so can you have many player!

:D

dont rent any dedicated server
buy you a own one :D
i bought my dedicated server for 100euro
i upgraded it to 3GB RAM,
and max players has been 96 players, The processor was working 0-5%
and Ram from 2-2,5GB

You bought your own and host it in your home or somewhere else?

But yea, that 2GB looks good..

Buy a dedicated server?
I'm from Barcelona, Spain and if I had a computer of 600W 24/7 during a moth I will need to pay arround 70-80€ and if I add the cost of a better ADSL I'll had to pay arround 100-110€/month (including electric light cost).
So I will save money if I only rent it. (The worse is that is not directly managed by me but I think it could work fine).
--------------------- @Nsanee -----------------------
And thanks for the recomendation Nsanee, How much ram it should have to don't lagg?

Last edited:
Buy a dedicated server?
I'm from Barcelona, Spain and if I had a computer of 600W 24/7 during a moth I will need to pay arround 70-80€ and if I add the cost of a better ADSL I'll had to pay arround 100-110€/month (including electric light cost).
So I will save money if I only rent it. (The worse is that is not directly managed by me but I think it could work fine).
--------------------- @Nsanee -----------------------
And thanks for the recomendation Nsanee, How much ram it should have to don't lagg?

Rent a server here:
serverloft – Welcome to serverloft – Dedicated Servers

provider level 3 ;]

Thanks for the link, it is cheper than the other site for 4 GB RAM ^^.

Do you think this server can run the RL Map (88Kb) with 100+ players?

Model Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX200
Chipset Intel D5000
Processor Xeon DP E5405 (QuadCore)
RAM Memory 4 GB DDR2-667 ECC Registered
HDD 2x250 GB SATA II 7.200 rpm
RAID RAID 1
SO Ubuntu 8.04 LTS 32bit
Control Panel PLESK 8.x (10 domains)
Opciones 32 bit, 64 bit, con o sin Plesk
Trafic 5.000 GB
Conexion 100 Mbits Switchport
Backbone 110 Gbits
Providers T-Com, Level 3, Global Crossings, u.a.
Uptime 99,9%
Backup 100 GB

All you need is

a Duel-Core Proccesser.
2-4gig ram
2.00ghz+
100/100MBits connection
Windows Server 2003
2gig - 32bit OS
4gig - 62bit OS

but yes that's fine.

and DedicatedOT,

0.3 is very unstable. 0.2 may not have all the features, but is more stable and reliable. And When it releases everytime, hardly any bug fixes, 0.3, you can expect alot.

All you need is

a Duel-Core Proccesser.
2-4gig ram
2.00ghz+
100/100MBits connection
Windows Server 2003
2gig - 32bit OS
4gig - 62bit OS

but yes that's fine.

and DedicatedOT,

0.3 is very unstable. 0.2 may not have all the features, but is more stable and reliable. And When it releases everytime, hardly any bug fixes, 0.3, you can expect alot.

Nah, as long as it is released by Talatauren and his crew, it is very stable. 0.3 is released by him last time I checked.

So 0.3 is the best. 400 hours uptime.

Well, nobody answer in a while so I post again to refresh this (u can see I waited long for this double posting and it's a BUMP Post)

Well if i can ask:
How many players can i have in my PC? Real Map 97mb.
AMD Athlon X2 2x2.1GHz
4GB Ram Memory
250 GB Disc
Now I'm using Windows7 but i can instal any Windows/Linux.
Add: My Internet: 16/8 Mbit

Back