• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ where to start learn C++?

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
For those who are good at c ++, how did you learn? have any tips you can share?

I thought about taking codes already made, like the ones in the source and trying to understand what they do.
when the code is not so complex to understand, but there are some that are very complex that unfortunately cannot be learned just this way.
THX All.

Solution
I'm by no means a master at C++, but I know my way around enough to make shit in TFS.
I read learncpp.com and applied that knowledge and started making small things in TFS, like new attributes or new Lua functions. Whenever I encountered something I didn't know, stackoverflow was there to save me. If you ever look up how to do something, make sure you try to understand how and why it works, otherwise you'll learn nothing from the experience.
Learning for me is basically all attempt->fail->learn->win, so that's how I learned what I know in C++.
I'm by no means a master at C++, but I know my way around enough to make shit in TFS.
I read learncpp.com and applied that knowledge and started making small things in TFS, like new attributes or new Lua functions. Whenever I encountered something I didn't know, stackoverflow was there to save me. If you ever look up how to do something, make sure you try to understand how and why it works, otherwise you'll learn nothing from the experience.
Learning for me is basically all attempt->fail->learn->win, so that's how I learned what I know in C++.

Solution
I havent learned C++ but it all depends on how you actually approach the topic you're about to learn.

I'm the kind of person that learns by doing and watching, there's several websites online where you can learn by doing, they put you small excercises and when you finish writing down some code they verify your code is what you're supposed to write, if not they'll let you know what you're doing wrong.

Once you have completed a couple of excercises you can try watching a fulltutorial in youtube like those videos that last 4 or 6 hours, try to break it down by an ammount of topics i.e 50 topics, 10 or 5 topics per day, you're not going to learn anything if you just watch 6 hours straight of code.

And like Infernum said, there's no such place as StackOverflow but before you actually post any questions take a moment and learn how to post a good questions or you might be blocked to ask questions on that forum on that account like forever if you don't manage to upgrade your questions quality.

That being said I wish you a happy journey in the software development world your opportunities are endless once you know how to code so embrace the power and use it for good purposes

And like Infernum said, there's no such place as StackOverflow but before you actually post any questions take a moment and learn how to post a good questions or you might be blocked to ask questions on that forum on that account like forever if you don't manage to upgrade your questions quality.
Never actually made a post myself, most questions have already been asked and answered (especially since we're talking about beginner/intermediate stuff while learning) if you know how to properly Google things.

Never actually made a post myself, most questions have already been asked and answered (especially since we're talking about beginner/intermediate stuff while learning) if you know how to properly Google things.

Crawling on google do require some skills, but I'm sure OP will adapt quickly

Back