Whi World [BETA 0.1.5.9]

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by whitevo, Jan 2, 2015.

1. whitevo

whitevo Feeling good, thats what I do.

Best Answers:
    ONLY TEST SERVER - Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.8 - new itemSystem

items:
    new itemSystem: More power for me to easily manipulate item effects and stats.
    In this new addition items can now have random value for their unique effects.
    Most items you now have will get nerfed when patch goes live, but potentially many of them can get even stronger than they are right now. (collect lot of item tokens to max out stats, yes it also improves unique effects)
    Only the unique effects will be rerolled for your items.

However every single item has now its own requirements for how many item tokens they require.
    Currently its 3 for all. Very few will require over 3 tokens when patch goes live, lot of them will drop to only 2.
    You can only guess which are powerful enough in my eyes that I cranked the token requirements up.

2. whitevo

Best Answers:
    looks like the live server is now down for good.

3. whitevo

Best Answers:
    On my free time I have been working on other projects atm, so barely any progress with the lore boss quest.
    But got the boss room completed :D

4. whitevo

Best Answers:
    No progress on Whi World.

I did have more free time, but all that time was spent helping other servers.
    Then again Whi World received few hundred euros of donations within past few weeks so it is kind of different progress.

Not sure yet will I spend it on website or client modifications, will look into it next month.

While Whi World is down you can try a different kind of unique server also made with TFS open source.
    That server uses modified version of Open Tibia Client (the client I want to learn to edit and change the UI completely)
    Server created by developer who has been around here far longer than me, so you can expect cool stuff.
    If you though my server was hard and impossible, now double it.

It's in early stages, something like I had year ago, very rough, but if you started liking my server, you might like his ideas too.
    Multiverse Client Download
    Unlike the awkward way to get access to my game, all you need to do here is: download the client and 'log in' with no username and password. (or 1/1)
    Enjoy.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  5. whitevo

Best Answers:
    Rarely had any free time this week and if I did I spent it on scripting for other servers xD

Upcoming week not sure what am I going to do but I have feeling I won't updating Whi World.

However I did have a new event idea, what I might make eventually if someone wants to try something like that.
    Its a single player minigame (could make it multiplayer too somehow, but then it might get too complicated)

Match up minigame:

You are placed near 4by4 area.
    you can move to 4 different location: up, down, left, right

Game goal:

Obtain as many points as possible by matching up objects.
    Points are stored to database

Every time you make a move:

1. you are moved back to position where you moved from (aka you don't actually move, you just move objects in the area)
    2. the objects in 4by4 area moved to corresponding direction
    3. new "object" is randomly spawned into area

the objects are not getting overlapped UNLESS they are "same object".
    If they are the same, they will merge into "new object".
    If the new objects are moved together even bigger object is created with them and so on.

So its like a puzzle where you just try to move objects to kinda like make bigger version with matching objects.
    something like the "three bears" game.

Objects:

Different objects can have effects when created or when something specific happen:
    - Every time you build "x object" you gain a "power"
    - Every time you move "x object" to "this object" you gain a "power"
    - every time you move it has chance to do something (may be good or bad)
    - Some objects you can configure to do something speficic or choose what they turn into if matched

All objects can be accessed by looking them

Powers:

- delete random object
    - improve object
    - improve random object
    - unlock platform
    - unlock area
    - get more points matching stuff
    - etc

What do you think?

PEMUS likes this.
  6. whitevo

Best Answers:
    POST 1 UPDATED

Today I have some time to spare on my project so I will be working on lore boss related stuff.

7. whitevo

Best Answers:
    Some of you know I have been updating the Main thread in the 0tRealm forum.
    Currently making "wiki" so you can read about Whi World features and items in the forum without having to play the game.
    I should of done that long time ago, but I hoped someone else will do it for ~100€ while I do my scripting xD
    But well nobody was up for that task, so now I'm doing it myself.
    It will take quite some time before I get done with the Main thread, but eventually it should be quite "ok" and I will continue scripting the boss.

Even though I'm updating post in 0tRealm forum right now I will be active on this forum too.
    Regarding this Main Thread, it will get some rework later when I get the other thread done somewhat.

There aren't many other updates to talk about, just some upcoming plans for Whi World have been set down, but too early to talk about them right now.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM