• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.0.2

Changed my coding habit again xD
From now on started to tab even local variables, but that doesn't slow down the progress.
Its not like I'm going to search and change all my code. Its just if I see old code I spend like 5 seconds on it.

Started improving and organizing scattered* feature functions into feature folder.

Documenting such functions will come later.
The default TFS sorts the game scripts into creaturescripts, movements, events, actions, etc.
Before I had the central system, I did my scripts just like that.
By now I have moved all the simple and generative functions to features, but there are still lot of systems which are not organized.
While I'm doing these updates, lot of organizing will happen in the background, what I don't mention, but can cause bugs.
The purpose of organizing all the systems and scripts under 1 central system are:
1. Easier to find and fix bugs for them
2. Easier to improve systems
3. Easier to create new systems and organize them
4. Makes it possible to live script effectively
5. Consistency in coding!

Items:
Special bag items can be moved to special bags by moving item on the special bag icon.

projectiles: At level 1 (in tutorial) your base miss chance is 0% (10% before)
projectiles: Base miss chance is 7% (10% before)

Missions:
Vial of Water mission:
rewards 20% experience (didn't give exp before)

Spells:
When you change class the long duration buffs and summons will be kept.

Which means if you have !imp spell with mage and !buff spell with druid.
You can buff yourself and summon imp and then leave town as Knight while still having druid buff and imp who improves your elemental damage.

Added spell buffs to ongoing buff window:
!buff (both versions), !innervate, !poison, !armorup, !rubydef, !onyxdef, !opaldef, !saphdef

minigames:
speedball:
Players can enter at the same time just to annoy each-other

NPC's:
Lot of NPC sell or buy some items automatically 1 at the time.
(without having to go trough the choose amount window)
This option is added to items what usually you buy only once, herb bag, loot bag, torch, etc.

Tonka tasks: Improved the task progress and information
Eather: Now sells again accountbound special bags (other players can't move or take your stuff from them)

Other:
Every time you get experience, noticeable effect goes off on you.
Fixed online time clock

Map:
Mummy room: Completing the puzzle will notify that bridge is up and lets you know the duration of bridge.

Maine godde, grinding script refactoring for Whi World.

2 days ago created tier 2 gem system what has 5 different bonuses.
Still missing synergy with current shield gem special bonus, but will get to that eventually.

Yesterday improved Central System and creaturescript automation and !dofile god command.
Now I can reload configurations on live server, well I could do most of them before too, but then would had to find the script startUp functions manually.

Today refactored entire Loot System and documented all itemID's from loot tables (eventually got to replace all itemID numbers with table paths, or wutever they called in coding term)
+ added new item to game: Loot Gem.

More about the new gems on upcoming patch notes.
I guess I will be updating game this weekend.

If you want to abuse these new gems right away after patch, start collecting small gems and magic dust.

I guess I will be updating game this weekend.
Rip plans.
Left home Friday and just got back home today.

Today just going to set up the coding environment so that tomorrow I can finish rest of the gems.
I don't see myself leaving anywhere this week and have completed all scripting requests.

If all goes as planned 17th I will update the live server.

Gems are ready, systems and scripts around them are done.
Improved the regular gem shield effects (easier to get the effects in first place, + of course counts the new gems into formulas too)'

Later today or tomorrow before I update live server I will test all the gem effects and shield gem effects with new ones.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.0.3 - 5 new gems

Lel xD
With this patch so many file changes came at once I cant even see it from log, because its too long and console doesn't show the full review.
Well anyway, lets hope things still work :D

Upgrade items:

Several regular gem shield effects got improved.

added 5 new gems to game which can be crafted trough enchanting profession.
health gem: Increases equipment item maximum health by 200
mana gem: Increases equipment item maximum mana by 100
loot gem: Increases equipment item loot drop chance by 20%
resistance gem: Adds 4% to equipment item base physical and elemental resistances
cooldown gem: Reduces spell cooldowns by item_weight/100*0.5 seconds

Spells:
Now spells have millisecond cooldowns and show cooldowns in milliseconds if its less than 3 seconds.
spell book formulas now also include gem effects.

24wt3lj.jpg

Refactored npc system startups and conversation functions.
Hopefully the npc chat and shop still work xD

also can you guess what does the below picture mean :p?

Well I updated live server again and added in the npc's who cast spells.
They are not perfect, but I'm not sure will I have time to bring them online anywhere later this week.
So if someone does get online a checks out those npc's I will see if I get any errors already, which I fix next week.

When you get online you get this message: "This is test server update, your character will be updated again when you relog" dont worry, I just forgot to turn it off.
This patch doesn't bring any character changes anyway, so it wont affect you.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.0.9 - npcs with spells!

Naicu desu! entire actions folder is now organized and ALL the onUse scripts go trough central system

NPC's:

NPC's now have combat AI, which means NPC's can now cast spells or attack nearby enemies.
All NPC's in town now help you fight with monsters if you happen to drag some in town.

almost all the scripts are now organized.
29 systems left to go. I estimate each will take me average 3 hours to refactor (some quite old ones and some litterally affect almost everything like damageSystem)

While I do these refactors here and there, I think I start enabling the PVP again.

Question doe.
Should I open Free for all room first or open up the possibility to Duel with players again

If you don't remember or simply didn't know such feature existed in Whi World, here is description:
When you look other player, there is an option "duel"
when you choose that option, other player will receive notification.
If he chooses the option "accept duel" by looking your character then countdown begins and both players are able to attack eachother.
Also a flag is placed down between players. If player goes too far from flag, countdown begins and if it runs to zero, other player wins.
Fight ends when one of the player reaches to 1 hp and then winner is announced.

Problems with previous duelling system:
It gave back health and mana when duel ended, but this time it will be disabled because there was quite many options to abuse that duelling.
When you fight in wilderness you can die due to monster attacks or damage done by nature (example: fields)

Since most of you don't want to post your opinion, here is strawpoll
What PVP feature first?

Last edited:
Been busy with other stuff again. I think tomorrow I will start creating the duelling unless poll votes change.

However the other stuff has been kind of relevant for Whi World too.
3 things what has taken most of time from Whi World progress:
An assignment from another company where I applied to work on.
Which had to be written in C# and in OOP way.
If the Unity client for tibia is going to be released, then I need to learn C# anyway and if I get work on that field and get paid for that too then that is just profit all across the board.

Second thing is I have been fascinated by deep learning and machine learning.
Just recently I started learning and testing it.
I have already discovered several ways how to generate pictures for Whi World client, website and sprites.
I would still need to fine tune it to make them more suitable, but that time comes when I actually have the custom client and website.
Long story short, Instead of spending estimated 2000-3000€ for sprites and pictures I now spend 0€ for same or even better quality! :D

Also as a side project I'm trying to create a desktop software which helps to code with speech recognition.

Finally I had some scripting offers again which I attended to. Extra money for Whi World is always welcome :)

Like seriously... At this point your topic could be consider spam or some kind of masturbatory habit. Almost no one cares about technical aspects of OT servers. Especially about shitload of stupid updates in which you changed some % values...
People like and focus the most attention on simple PICTURES with simple SLOGANS - list of catchy names for some mechanisms, without boring people to death with details. At this point you're just wasting your own life on polishing something that no-one will ever use and something you probably cannot put on your CV.
Install latest RME, made few decent location or find anyone to make them for you, clean that ridiculous topic and put IMAGES instead of walls of texts.

Like seriously... At this point your topic could be consider spam or some kind of masturbatory habit. Almost no one cares about technical aspects of OT servers. Especially about shitload of stupid updates in which you changed some % values...
People like and focus the most attention on simple PICTURES with simple SLOGANS - list of catchy names for some mechanisms, without boring people to death with details. At this point you're just wasting your own life on polishing something that no-one will ever use and something you probably cannot put on your CV.
Install latest RME, made few decent location or find anyone to make them for you, clean that ridiculous topic and put IMAGES instead of walls of texts.
I do put pictures EVERY time there is something to take picture about.
Also you have no idea how much information I trim from my threads.
Compared to my patch logs I only show like 20% of updates now.

If you don't like reading about my post where there is no pictures, simply don't?

Try to realize, I'm not making here some kind of short term custom server.
I'm making game engine with which people can create custom games several times faster than its possible right now.
The first product of that engine will be Whi World.

Why I'm not making some kind of evolution server or pokemon server or global server even though I can already generate those?
Because I simply don't care about these.
My goal is to create a game I would enjoy the most and I enjoy complicated games where player skill and understanding of game matters.
Not the amount of money or time I spent on it. Which is every single tibia server here right now.

I have been selling snippets of my code and offering my engine to who want create interesting projects, so eventually you might find something you like, without knowing its actually generated with my engine.

Hopefully you understand what I'm doing when I start with next phase, Whi World Client.
Then I will be making more pictures for you to look at compared to the technical changes I'm doing right now.

Ohhhhh. I think I understand what You're doing here. You're trying here to earn money by selling scripts and providing other services. Just like those "devs" of Necronia with their sprites. But the difference between them and You is that they are very clear about their role here. You on the other hand picked up very stupid and not effective tactic of creating this spamming thread and pretending that you're working on some kind of miracle server.
Just delete this bullshit and create proper thread in Jobs section. It will be more efficient.

Ohhhhh. I think I understand what You're doing here. You're trying here to earn money by selling scripts and providing other services. Just like those "devs" of Necronia with their sprites. But the difference between them and You is that they are very clear about their role here. You on the other hand picked up very stupid and not effective tactic of creating this spamming thread and pretending that you're working on some kind of miracle server.
Just delete this bullshit and create proper thread in Jobs section. It will be more efficient.
You clearly don't understand what I'm doing here.
This thread is all about Whi World progress, display of ideas and littlebit of things I do which still benefit the server, just not directly.

I'm not pretending to work on some kind of "miracle" server, because I am creating a "miracle" 2D MMORPG game what world has never seen before.
But do it the way I can manage and sustain it in even when up against full team of people working on their similar type of game.

Second reason is when it does lift off and I find developers to help along with my server, they have simple system to create content with and don't even need to know any programming language.
Right now people need to know Lua or C++ if you want to make any significant change for the game and most often they need to understand how server works and where to write what.
In my engine, for lot of things, you don't need prior programming language knowledge and you don't need to know how other systems work in game.
Almost all systems in my game are now modules and fucking one thing up or deleting it, simply just disables that current feature.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.1

24 systems left to refactor.

Damage system:
PVP damage is enabled, let me know when you somehow took damage from your friend and you were not duelling.

Player panel:
Duel:
added option to request duel when looking other player

Other:

In the ongoing buff window, food now has detailed look. Which will show how much HP and MP you get per second

Also changed how fields work in game. If you find a field in game what doesn't do anything, let me know.

PVP:
Duelling:
Brough back the duelling feature.
You can now PvP with your friends by looking at them and requesting duel.
Other player in return has to accept you duel.
In theory now all players who are duelling can combat eachother, which means it is somehwhat possible to duel in teams (but not rly designed for it)
After duel is over, you no longer get your mana or hp back, so I suggest to only fight in safe spots (aka village near NPC's)

Sorting monsters.
After that going to make map for PVP Event.

Everyone can join event once per character.
If they die, they cant rejoin event.
You register into event between a week, after that event is closed for month or 2.
In event when you log out, your only defence are npc's and house.
Resources respawn once per week
Monsters spawn once per day.
3 days after event launch all beasts attack.
If your houses or npc's or players loose to AI battle, event is over.
Winner will be the player or guild who died the last.
1 day after that, bandits attack.
1 day after, hehemi bandits and cyclopses attack.
day after, undeads attack.
last day. Demon Skeleton.

PvP Event
Thought about improving the PvP event, by adding option to join in as monster after you died with your character.
But the more I think about it the more problems I see with it. Maybe some of you can think countermeasures.

Idea is that when you die in event, which most of you will happen eventually. You can join back in as a monster.
You will have the monster spells and you can go kill players or npc's.

Problem is however you can select which players to kill and which not and monster spells are pretty good.
When monster and player works together to kill a player, they must likely succeed with no difficulties.
And I think that is not good at all, this is simply unfair.

Anyone has idea how to implement this monster feature to PvP event, without making game unfair?

Technical

Been spending my time on cleaning the code, almost done.
4 systems left to go.

Right now I simply added all systems and features to central system and refactored functions.
Now when I finally see entire game and all its aspects neatly organized.
I see I need to do another circle trough all the code files. In order to document everything and improve the configurations even more.
There are lot of features and systems, which I could automatically generate or improve the configuration structure.

But I wont do that any time soon, I think I have reached my goal with organizing the data folder.
Full throttle on PvP event after those 4 more systems.
And after PvP event? well who knows, I would really like to work on custom client.

The more health you losse the more speed you have.
Running away from pvp and pve is possible

Back