• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

What is open world content? and what is Paint after numbers? xD
uh sorry, german.translated xD
so its like,. you join, do this, do this, do this. no other way to get exp or smth then to follow the order of the gameplay instead of deciding where to go and what to do ourselves, i know its beta so i was just curious

well its kinda going to be like questline: 1 thing leads to another.
But missions will look like in World of Warcraft, where you can still skip them or do them later or never, IF you are good enough or have friends to help you to fight on harder content.
Most missions are not related to eachother.
But at the start of the game its highly suggested to do the missions, because its still one of the few ways to get EXP [and you get your first items with first missions.]

Keep in mind that items define player builds and how far he can progress, so playing the game in release order is not necessary, you only need good combination of items and some spells.
After i get ready with videos and open up new area, you will see what i mean.
Players can choose either to go Bandit Mountain or Cyclops Dungeon. Either choice is equally good, fun and challenging, just rewards are different.

Ty.

Since noone seems to care for selfmade music i might as well go with that music. Although i will edit the music to match the length of my video.

Anyway.
I will continue editing now.
Yesterday did 10sec of video with 5 hours xD
Now i have new strategy. Will see how it goes :p

I want to see this video! hahahahahh :cool::D

I want to see this video! hahahahahh :cool::D
~20 hours spent on Editing.

Finished preparing the timeline (again)
Finished new voiceover (again)
Finished planning out effects (again)
Finished Syncing the Voice with Video (again)
Finished adding Effect to Video
Currently Editing Background Music

Video is 100% completed (630 sec)
Background music: 100% completed (620 sec)

Edit (the song is the one Breno Suggested, because well i was medicated and listened Goa when i did my editing and song is quite similar and cool)

EDIT2:
The final Rendered video sound is FREAKING AWFULLY LOW.
I either have to make NEW voiceover (and i don't feel like doing it 4th time)
or add subtitels (a plan i will take on tomorrow)

Also some kind of glitchy rubberbanding happened on some clips what are not visible in the edit material.
Will see how i get that fixed. Hopefully just render fail.

Last edited:
Today i decided to tinker with the voice recordings and hope for the best.
Seems that subtitels are tedious work, But i will still do it if my voice cannot be heard.
also adding few effects here or there xD to make it more.. idk. better?

Today i decided to tinker with the voice recordings and hope for the best.
Seems that subtitels are tedious work, But i will still do it if my voice cannot be heard.
also adding few effects here or there xD to make it more.. idk. better?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Almost one project!

Hollywood not know what you're missing!

My god.. Entire Day was spent on trying to render good video with Powerdirector.
Today continued and tried different work arounds:
edititing already produced video and reproduce it - FAIL!
Produce video 1 min by 1 min - FAIL takes ~3 hours to get 1min footage correctly and putting these 2 clips together Takes another hour!!!

Conclusion. Powerdirector 11 is ***** ass software to work with.
Uninstalled.

Downloaded: Vegas Pro 13
Starting to edit material again.
(i did the save the picture of layout and edit construction, hopefully it will save me some time)

I will update post 1 after I wake up.
So you ask what news? Sure, i'm nicely medicated to answer that question :D

[Im rendering the final produce still in powerdirector, because there are already ready Cool text effects and my "fixed" voice+music.]
BUT! what im going to use is the BEAUTIFUL already rendered quality video!! (i did in Vegas btw. Vegas is a software to learn)
----------
Started minigame engine and almost finished it.
I still need to add points calculator and room reset.

About minigame. Its also part of a mission, (mission just ask you to brew potion for yourself (oh yea, brewing update is coming, few more potions, other than just water xD))
Minigame name: speed ball.
Costs 1 clay stone to enter (you loot them from cylopses. ~80% drop chance, (can be chanced. On realease day, i will play the changes on live server before i balance them xD. just for beta funzies)
Minigame rewards: speed ball shop access.
What is in Minigame Shop?
For minigame speed ball points you can buy these items:
[herb name 1] = Costs 20 points
[herb name 2] = Costs 24 points
[herb name 3] = Costs 40 points

**With these herbs you can try: Mix 1 herb from shop, with another herb from map(bushes, trees, branches, roots, flowers, etc) OR from monster)
**After you try mix (example:flower+herb name 1) on brewing station (what will be vial of water xD (you can take them in forest, if you got bag room XD! hue hue hue)
**You might even fail and waste the vial of water. OR succeed and gain a UNIQUE POTION (yes, open your minds, we are going to next level effects. Potion is part of build Choice. You can only use 1 vocation special potion effect once. (potions are not restricted to vocation only. Knights can use mage potion, etc) If you drink 1 of these 4 potions (we got 3 vocation in game, but already adding vocation Hunter potion) some Cool effect will be activated. Example: Mage vocation, Get aura around you for 1 hour. Deals ~40 energy damage per second (distance 1 tile).
But maybe knights wants to use it on himself? Because they are close to monsters anyway. But Knights maybe find more use in their vocation potion?
After all, if you drink knight vocation potion Your weapon gets ~80 fire damage to each hit. One is better for single targets and maybe animal hunting. Other is better for 2 or more targets. But since all potions have recoil effects, like Knight potion - Duration 15min (YOU ZEE you zee wat i did there xD ? , im trying to balance) - although Mage does loose 10% of his total mana pool for 45 min.
But yeah, potions are interesting i hope : ) I like.

Minigame points:
Can be obtained from stepping on dirt tile [1point] or reach a yard(every tile, direction towards other end)[3 points] or stepping on finish tile[15 points].
Minigame points can be trippled by bonus effect what can be bought once each minigame for cost of 1 clay stone.

minigame:
Get from 1 tile to another what is 15 yards directly ahead. in 5x15 room.
In the room there will be Heavy Balls bouncing around. When you get hit. Minigame ends and your points will be calculated.

Bonus effects: all of them cost 1 Clay stone.
Like i mentioned already - bonus points what triples your points when you step on finishing tile. or double points if you at least reached half Way.
Bonus speed - doubles or maybe triples your player speed for the minigame (depends which is more fun)
Bonus armor - It takes 2 ball hits to end your minigame.

My extra thoughts in the end:
ithink these minigames shall be fun. Because they are fast, like 10-30sec. Doesn't cause annoyance and easy to access and cool rewards.
Also it shall prepare players to fight next monsters. Gives practice and something to do while i start making New level content. Lets get higher than lvl 4 :D xD and let me bring something real hard for you, if my Big Daddy is not enough. Muhaha. Dem Bandit bosses. But for lvl 6 xD. If you have reached to Archanos. then i let you imagine something like. Rainfire + Boss huge aoe. what MOVES AROUND in certain Pattern. And cool old firebombs but bigger :D xD. Let the death fest begin 8D Anyway. thats why its good practice. start dodging shit or you dead bro, im serious. its PVE server for pros afterall (or gamers who grind alot(to get nitty gritty stuff trade value or for player boosts (like food, potions, gems, stones).
And hopfefully make some kind of market into game.

Well thats about it for sneaky peaky of my current progress.
After minigame ready, i will quickly throw in some filler quests (good old item collecting. Hey i got real op script here, takes 5min to make that mission. I'm gona use any now and then.)
Then i balance Cylops and Big Daddy damage and cooldowns (with server new best gear :3) and after that. i throw it all into live server and see if its even possible without the new items. I feel this is going to be fun testing day :D

Also a little updated website with @Znote help. More likely he did everything i just asked Question "How?" xD
New thing in website shows active players, (just because it would be nice tool for me too see the active times. And perhaps find good times when we can all play at the same time.)

one day gotta start thinking how make webpage interactive with server. Example: player uses item in the game. And then in website something changes. (new item in library for everyone to see or world map picture has been updated or whatever else im gona add in Library section).
And then tinker with already existing character informations. so other players could easily compare eachother with, gear, quests, highscores, bosskills, etc)

Today i might launch patch 0.1.2

Current changes for patch 0.1.2 what might or might not come:
Minigame - ready
mission 1 - ready (exploring mission)
mission 2 - ready (collecting mission)
Brewing system - ready [but potions can be used on patch 0.1.3]
Cyclops monster - ready
Cyclops Big Daddy - ready
Boss room - ready
6 new Equipment items - ready
brewing material items - ready
new NPC - ready
ugly map - ready
Cyclops monster Loot - ready
Cyclops Big Daddy Loot - ready
cyclops quest - not ready [Might not add it and push it for 0.1.3 update]
upgrade stones - not ready [They exist and useable, but they wont actually alter armor yet. I will add receiver patch 0.1.3]

If i get all these things ready today i will update the live server. (expect Cyclops quest and upgrade stones)
I refacotred bossRoom system and it took more time than expected ~4hours
I could update live server, but just incase i wont do it yet.
Tomorrow i will update it as first thing and then im nearby all the time to check does it work properly.

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.2

1. NPC's:

NPC's: they buy some materials for higher price
Cook: teaches about brewing.
new NPC: Tonka

2. Items:
new Equipment: 3 head slot; 3 leg slot; 2 containers

3. Monsters:
new Semi-boss: Big Daddy
new Creature: Cyclops

4. Map:
new Area added: Cyclops Dungeon (lvl 3-4 area)

5. Spells:
opaldef: gives physical resistance for 5sec and heals if physical damage taken
deathii: Deals death damage 2 tiles ahead
sparkii: Deals energy damage 2 tiles ahead
buff: caster gets damage reduction buff for 1 hour

6. Brewing System:
11 new brewing materials
4 new potion prototypes

7. Minigames:
new minigame: speed ball

8. Missions:
2 new missions

9. Tasks:
2 new tasks

BUG FIXES:
NPC's should no longer make forgotten village lag nor crash server.

Last edited:
Starting new Druid. feel free to join me :D

EDIT: in 54min Forest is fully completed :D
Going to try solo Cyclopses now

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.2: HotFix

1. NPC's:

Cook: Empty Vial costs [3 coins] from [1 coin]

2. Items:
Vial of Water: Now Lasts [30sec] from [10sec]

3. Monsters:
Bandit Knight: Fire Resistance reduced by 15%
All monster drop Chance on Herbs is reduced.

5. Spells:
buff: Now requires [100% full mana] instead of [100% current mana]
heal: mana cost reduced from [30mana] to [25mana]

6. Brewing System:
Meadow Star Herb: Can now be picked up.
No longer shows the "original wrong name" of item, when looting herbs.

BUG FIXES:
You shall not use Rabbit body as a bag!! xD

Slowly Scripting for Patch 0.1.3

refactored my damageSystem again xD
There is only PrimaryDamage and PrimaryType now :D (don't see the reason to have secondary damage and type)
Also damageSystem refactoring included the statSystem rework. Script look alot more happy :) About 100 less lines :D

Fixed the issue when players forget or don't know to click on monument. they don't start from beginning of game now.

And finished First potion!! :)
And added new damageType what INGORES all resistances and defenses (expect barrier, because i say so.)

Also was finally able to play with someone else too Cattie (he/she prolly didn't even have first items and i dragged her/him to Cyclopses xD)
I finally made progress :D saw BossRoom.
Also looted 2 spells (1 don't know what is was, because TrollStone, but 2nd was mage spell), better luck next time :D.

I will keep an eye on my server, incase someone logs in. I want to test Cyclops Boss with someone!! and get some feedback :3

Sure looks like you've got a lot done since the last time I played. I have to say that the server itself is pretty unique, the items, vocations, monsters, etc.. BUT
the problem is that it's not a well put together server (in my opinion). It's not something you can play daily and enjoy, it's one of those you get on, play it once and then never play again. (at least that's how I feel)

I know that it's only beta but the direction the server is going in isn't what I expected. I'm pretty sure will the server won't even be able to handle a medium amount of players because of how the map and spawn have been created.
It's hard for me to explain to describe the type of server this is..

I just personally think this server would of been much more lasting if it was created in a different fashion.

Sure looks like you've got a lot done since the last time I played. I have to say that the server itself is pretty unique, the items, vocations, monsters, etc.. BUT
the problem is that it's not a well put together server (in my opinion). It's not something you can play daily and enjoy, it's one of those you get on, play it once and then never play again. (at least that's how I feel)

I know that it's only beta but the direction the server is going in isn't what I expected. I'm pretty sure will the server won't even be able to handle a medium amount of players because of how the map and spawn have been created.
It's hard for me to explain to describe the type of server this is..

I just personally think this server would of been much more lasting if it was created in a different fashion.
Well i'm playing it daily and enjoy it even though most of the time i play alone.
In this patch i feel of progression on every trip i take out of main village, because finally there is use for gold Coins!!

Cant handle even medium amount of players? What brought you to this conclusion?
The way i set it up is actually even better than in any other server i have seen it.
When you gank a bear with 10 players. Well Bear is just going to sustain 10 times more damage. Only difference is that, in team you have bigger total HP pool.
Sure there are only 3 hunting places. Each area could handle 8-15 players.
Also the boss Rooms are set up nicely. Each boss room also could occupy 2-6 player activity. Killing Bosses is a thing (and is not guaranteed success each fight)

I'm not sure on what logic you comparing "how much players server could handle?"
Hunting location are still more superior than any of the hunting places i have seen in any other server. As much as i have played, it takes one 2-3 player team to cover entire hunting area.
Huge downside in Whi World is the fact that I have put no effort on the map detailing yet, so it feels more empty and dull on that sense.

The direction the server is going is Adventure and Challenge all the way.
How to start in my server is mentally forced (you don't have to do it), but its highly advantageous for you to do it.
What I'm talking about is. Talk with NPC's!
The start of game in sense, is also kind of a tutorial.
Players should understand, that completing missions are very useful.
First mission and tasks you can complete in forest.
You start out with 2 spells.
It takes ~30-60min simple grinding on the forest. (with no other player support)
From this experience you learn:
1. that items are GREAT improvement, because as soon as you get your first items from completing missions you last longer!
2. Gotta save MP and HP, can't face tank everything and spam spells with no regrets. (talking about overusing healing spells or missing damage spells)
3. More creature at once is not a good thing! Watch where you step.
4. Cap Is a real thing!
5. Item Slots are a real thing!

Alright now we done all that, learned few things. Now its far easier to explore and find the new areas, but it still reduces you recourses, simply far less. (Its like a poi quest every time you leave safe "Town")
Currently i have only 2 areas player can choose between.
Cyclops Dungeon and Bandit Mountain.
As soon as player finds enemies on either of these locations, **** just got real.
Monsters require Thinking to fight them. If you fail too many times. You are dead.
If you get hang of it. You farm about ~30-90 minutes these new monsters and boom, theoretically you just got new, out of the ordinary items, what will improve your sustain greatly in that area.
Sadly currently i don't have too big of an item pool (only 3 different equipment slots has been covered for build making), but just slightly you can see that items will start defining your build. The only restriction is that vocations themselves have their unique spells.

Starting to get hang of new area? Then prolly by that time you also finished the new area missions. Maybe give it shot to try the area boss. Great loot shall come your way if you are successful.

Im slowly adding some extra features to smooth out the progress between these milestones. So you always feel progress in every trip you take out of Village.
Server already have:
1. Item Upgrading (gems and stone upgrades)
2. and newly added Brewing.
Cooking and dieing is next to come (you shall feel success in NOT dieing, how great is that? :D currently dieing is free teleport xD)

This pretty sums up what i currently have here and direction how the progression will look like.
I have some ideas how to improve the market in game, what also gives players first thing to compare their success(because i got no website or pvp), but this takes time and players.
I learned alot from patch 0.1.1 feedback. I polished the smoothness of playing and gave another direction. (literally, new content is on east side xD)
Will see what feedback I get this time. Would be nice, if you could tell me the reason, what makes you think twice before you relog again.
Is it because you don't see players playing here in future and you want to share the fun with other players?
Is it too hard?
Is it too much to take in at once? (for tibia player, this server only looks like tibia)
Did you find yourself not knowing what to do next?
Did you ran out of content?
You found nothing interesting to do in server? (currently everything involves killing monsters)
(unlike other servers, there isn't much to explore here, yet and no other players to talk with, in the Whi World context)

Also, what did you expect this server is going to be like? Because the GamePlay has been written in here from the beginning and im following it. Kinda.

Last edited:
Fancy DeBuff system is coming up :3
Takes time though but i can already see working debuffs.
(Currently there is 1type of debuff)
Damage
It deals type of damage per interval in certain duration and resets on each time i apply it again.

Now im going to add stacking system. so if debuff already exists then it just resets duration, but adds to damage in the specific formula i want it do be.

EDIT:
New potion ready :D
2 down, 2 more to go.

Last edited:
Back