• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Enchanting profession:
For now with this profession all you can do are spellscrolls. You can make the 5hth tier spellscroll too eventually, but you can't learn that spell, because haven't made it yet.
Everything on its own time, I want somebody to get enchanting level 2 before I'm going to make the spells.

In future when I add rings or amulets, enchanting profession will get update to improve such items, but for now I don't have such items so no need to get ahead of myself.

How can you get materials you ask? well find it out by yourself!! (hint, rooted catacombs map got changed)

The enchanting profession panel will be improved when I refactor player spell system (comes with the class changes I mentioned few posts ago)

35m34u9.jpg

Today started on the farming profession. Not sure can I finish tomorrow, this is a little more complicated feature.

Thought so, I spent like 10 scripting hours on it today, but still couldn't complete farming feature.

well did some testing, got the farming feature sync with database and building system.
I am able to plant trees now! :D

Well no patch today. Well I could patch it, but since nobody is playing, I'm in no hurry.
Not sure how much time I spend on scripting this weekend, so prolly wont get the things I wanted to get done this week.

What is did do were:
Finished farming herbs and balanced out the experience rates + updated woodcutting profession.

However I still want add few more things to farming feature, before I update server:

"easter eggs" - which increase the success rate of farming full grow plant trough out all stages.
Well they will be revealed at some point, but no npc gives professions hints as of yet.

farming level itself should improve success rate of finding a seed and farming plants.

different regrow for houses.
Right now, the plants you grow in house has the default world grow back feature, but it should start automatically grow back itself on different pace with chance to "wilt" or fail or something.
To make it so you cant over abuse your created farms. (still thinking like average ~10 uses per plant) Event though its full on RNG :D

Farming:
You can now grow plants in your house.
Seeds can be found from the world. Usually trough shoveling the existing plants.

Plants in your house has chance to not grow back if you cut them down or pick up. Last picture is my house in test server :D

Going to improve few things here and there + fix some latest found bugs and then i guess tomorrow I will patch the server.

Farming:
You can now grow plants in your house.
Seeds can be found from the world. Usually trough shoveling the existing plants.

Plants in your house has chance to not grow back if you cut them down or pick up. Last picture is my house in test server :D

Going to improve few things here and there + fix some latest found bugs and then i guess tomorrow I will patch the server.
you should consider capitalizing words in modalwindows
all lowercase makes it look bad

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.7 - new professions

NPC's:
Alice:
no longer sells vials with water, but instead empty ones.

Items:
shovel:
mainly used for farming profession
improved all fluid containers

all your old tools are now automatically converted to new ones. (pickaxe, saw, hammer)

Tutorial:
Fixed bug when you killed too many training poles you could no longer buy leather armor.

Other:
refactored some codes and improved their quality + some balance changes (potions, herbs, food)

I made a mess with upgrade items.. Its fixed now.
When you log in, your items are automatically fixed and upgrade items refunded.

death penalties which destroy item upgrades have been removed (should come back in patch 0.1.6.x)

player panel:
improved the ongoing buff display.
You can now look other player profession levels

cooking profession:

Now when cooking dishes you get cooking experience.
To open cooking profession panel you need buy cooking and brewing book.

brewing profession:
Now when brewing potions you get brewing experience.
To open cooking profession panel you need buy cooking and brewing book.
Brewing levels increase potions effects.

enchanting profession:

With this profession you can create spell scrolls or enchant items.

farming profession:
you can now plant trees and any of the herbs you find in your house :D

woodcutting profession:
added a lot more trees to the list which you can cut down

housing feature:
When you tried to open a house door when you were not owner it game message "You can't open this door ". Now it says who is the owner of this house.

Hue today I'm having fun and made minigame: bomberman xD
tomorrow going to update post 1.
and that will be it for this week.
Maybe I play some Whi World tomorrow. might just grind all day tomorrow. If someone can keep up with me. Then I will play as a Demon Skeleton at the end of the day.

I will just try like 5 trips and then calculate how much I would have to scale the ratio up for economy :D
Every profession item is buyable with gold.

Today few hours before I leave I will spend time doing the professions.
If anyone wants to help along or accompany me right now, then that would be awesome :D
whiworld.com

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.8 - hunter nerf

NPC's:
All npc's in town are now pushable.
Bum: Now sells all tools (if you have done enough good in the world)

Items:
Fixed bug where stackable items looted from monsters did not stack
vial: shop price is increased from 8g to 10g
vial:
reduced chance to find vial from forest corpses from 15% to 10%
zvoid boots: damage proc effect now has limit. With hunter it was too easy to proc 400+ energy damage per hit.

Tutorial:
Fixed bug where preparing room didn't spawn heal spell.

Other:
you can get berries from blueberry bush again.

SpellBook:
no longer shows how much magic dust you get from disenchanting spell scrolls.

Spells:
poison:
initial poison stack damage formula changed from (10 + L + mL*4 + dL*2 - sL*2 - wL*2) to (10 + L + mL*3 + dL*2 - sL*2 - wL)
poison:
one of the effects changed from "for every 5th stack poison deals less damage" to "for each stack the poison deals less damage"

games:
bomberman: Simple bomberman minigame for now what allows up to 6 players per map. In future if players interested I can make it more interesting by adding unique bonuses and enable pvp or create bomber bots

In 30 minutes going to start playing with new char: Druid
I start playing with a friend who makes new char too.
If you have time maybe you want to join us? :D

Yesterday we played quite a lot :D
There weren't any critical bugs, so our session went well, but found several things what could been improved.

Most important bugs what to mention:
fixed bug where you could not finish campfire mission if you put out too many campfires.
Fixed bug where Archanos fire bombs dealt damage instantly

Yes. The changes are already on live server.
Today I prepared ad made backup for lot of things to format C my slow ass computer.
Rest of they day while its installing I will think what shall I add next to Whi World.
I will let you know tomorrow along with post 1 update.

> Post 1 updated !! <

Patch timeline:

The patch numbers right now are pretty messed up. It looks like with this tempo I'm not going to reach patch 0.2 not even next year.
But worry not, because somehow I have managed to cramp almost everything between updates 0.1.5 and 0.1.6

Hunter class was planned for patch 0.1.7
But by now hunter has gotten 2 reworks and several balance changes.

Pvp was also planned for patch 0.1.7 and if you remember the start was already made on earlier patch notes.
Sure I need to rework lot of things, but the logic still remains the same and I know way more what I need to code than before.

The house building feature along with several professions were planned for patch 0.1.9
Now all that is already done.

Huge system like updated monster AI and spellcreating system was also planned for future, but its already done and running smoothly.

Which I didn't plan before was the central system which requires to rewrite all my codes what use configuration tables.
However practically all codes written this year go along pretty well and the conversion takes only few hours for more complicated features.

After I complete the Lore Boss - Demon Skeleton
The patches will start hopping along way faster

Next week update plans:

I mentioned before that I'm going to loose all the classes. And instead is replaced with the spell selection.
Well that is going to happen, but not at once.
Step1:
rework spellbook.
Step2:
remove class passives
changing spellbook gives the class passives
Step3:
Somehow allow only to make 1 character per account.
Step4:
On all accounts where there are more than 1 character. Delete all of them expect the highest level character.

Not sure will I start making 5th tier spells or make that god damn lore boss already.

Wut about this week:
I will continue playing, will see how it goes and how far I get.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9

Food:
The food limit changed.
Before You could eat anything as long as the food duration didn't go over 150 seconds.
Now the limit it is until the food gives more total health than your maximum health or more total mana than your maximum mana.
It doesn't rly change much right now.
But now you can't chug down a ton of water and finish it up with few meat bites. Not only it was waste of food, but it kinda made a things a little too easy.
As I was simply drinking from ocean until I no longer could and for next few 2 and half minutes I practically did not loose mana when fighting.

Items:
Fixed iron hammers (they now drop with charges)
Bags now will save item upgrades when you turn them to token bags and back.
Fixed bug where you couldn't return bag original form by browsing field where was token bag

Other:
No free items!
Fixed all environment items which were suppose to disappear after using. (hatchet stands, tanning material poles, cursed bear corpse, etc)
No free HP! Failing boss fight with boss protection no longer gives full hp and mp, instead it gives 200 hp and mp
When did I die? Buff panel now keeps track of the time when you can enter hidden hardcore rooms (if you have died)

Missions:
Fixed Questlog > missions. They show collecting missions again.

Spells:
Some internal changes done to prepare for huge makeover. Hopefully I didn't break anything

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.1

Tutorial:
Resistance hammers:
Last update I wanted to improve them, but didn't test my results and made it even worse than before xD
This time around I fixed them and also tested them.
In addition the RNG gap for each upgrade is reduced. To reduce the chance to hop over the requested resistance.

Items:
Blessed Turban:
Buffed effect [every time you cast spell deal 3% more damage with spells for 4 seconds. stacks up to 20%]
Blessed Hood: Buffed effect [every time you cast spell deal 2% more damage with weapons for 6 seconds. stacks up to 10%]
Blessed Iron Helmet: Buffed effect [every time you cast spell get 5 armor for 5 seconds. stacks up to 30 armor]
These buffs are hard to stack up and most of the time it feels too useless to even try. With this update I made it a little easier to make use of these items.

Other:
5 is bigger than 7!!
Fixed a comparison typo I dropped in for actionSystems last update. This caused lot of problems, but all good now x)

Missions:
Vial Of Water:
You can now actually do that mission. Check your missions in questlog to remind yourself what you had to do.

Spells:
All Spells are now updated. However spell book is not up to date with the latest changes. So it some cases spellbook might not open up.
Hopefully all spell will work, once again didn't do any testing what so ever :D

Games:
Monster waves event:
Fixed bug where last person to finish even in team mode did not get rewards.

Finally I see some results with the new spell book.
The system is pretty much done, but some buff functions require update to get different return values for spell book.

Either way It will take few days to even do all that. I got like over 100 spell buffs and I have to check how they work for every single spell.
And finally gotta test every single spell with every single buff xD
So yeah. thousands of tests to do and thousands of things to check.
Even though some of them can be bulk tested it still requires lot of time.

Hopefully the end result will be accurate and helpful spellbook!

Today finished refactoring talents for spell book.
There are total of 19 different talents what directly modify spells.
I have not tested any single one of them yet, I will do the testing when all buffs are done.

In advance I can say that spell book will not calculate nor consider proc effects what comes from procs.
So If you hit like 500 dam and proc 200 energy damage and gain movements speed because of that energy damage. Spell book will only know you deal the extra energy damage.
But It will not show that movement speed you get from energy damage.

Next up going to check every single equipment item. Assuming it took me 7 hours to do these talents, it prolly will take me 2 days to get done with equipment items.

üüü
I'm getting exited.
Several items already got positive rework. There will be more procs going off from everywhere :D
I can already see limitless hp knights and hunters in my mind, but maybe I'm wrong xD
Whenever we find out that few item combos make players immortal then I nerf them, right now I let them be and see what happens :D

41 out ~80 equipment items checked.

yaas! Items are done!
Handful of items got rework and are way more useful.
Also while doing all these item reworks I kept in mind that whenever I do the system for randomizing unique effect attributes I wouldn't have to rework items anymore.

Going to prepare potion and food buffs later on today and see if I can finish them tomorrow.

I'm already testing the spells now with all possible buffs.
It takes more time than expected. I practically have to spend 1 hour for each spell Oo
(Setting up test environment, constantly compare function flow if something feels off, sometimes fix something, etc)

Definitely no update this week

Will see how much time I spend on testing this weekend. Not certain yet.
But testing all the spells will prolly take 15 hours more.
Not to mention I need to spend few hours of bug fixing or improving to do for things found currently on live server.

Even after I update server don't expect everything to run flawlessly with spells. Because I don't test every single spell individually, but rather in bulks (ikr, yet still takes so much time)
However after this I do think causing errors or bugs from spells will be rare.
It's not very often I do testing manually. Usually I just look the code and be like "Looks fine to me!" :D

Other than huge spellbook and item rework:
Antapa (player in Whi World) has taken time improve lot of text messages seen in tutorial and from npc's
All that will be also updated along with the next patch when I get done with this spellbook.

Back