• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

finally i get to produce some new content :D
just finished adding new item to game.
Deam that was nifty one to create xD
runs trough 4 different creaturescripts.

Currently i will save time and use it on scripting instead of doing a nice overview for you guys.

@tarantonio How did it go?

Patch 0.1.1 Update:

1. Name Changes:

Vocation Name 'Sorcerer' name has been changed to 'Mage'.
Spell Name "Ruby Armor" has been changed to 'rubydef'.

2. NPC's:
NPC Missions: has been adjusted.
talk keywords: "bye", "cya" or "bb" to NPC, might trigger a hint.

3. Overall vocation changes:
all vocations gets more mana per second when have eaten food (food what gives mana)

4. Spell changes:
Mage_barrier: Now triggers after items have reduced the damage.
ALL spells have now improved animation effects.
Since i created new spellSystem. You have to relearn all your looted spells.

4. Item changes:
Carrot: now lasts [10sec] from previous [5sec]
Ham: now lasts [60sec] from previous [50sec] and also gives [MedMP] from previous [SmallMP]
Apple: now lasts [25sec] from previous [20sec]
Vial of Water: now gives [HeavyMP] from previous [MedMP]

5. loot changes:

All bandits loot drop chance has been increased.
Archanos loot drop chance has been increased.
New items has been added to Bandit loots: Energy-, Fire-, Ice-, Earth- Gem

6. GamePlay changes:
First spell is now acquired from the coffin in starting area.
Second spell is now acquired after speaking with priest.

BUG FIXES:
No longer re-spawning skeletons in starting area.
Spell casting no longer puts all spells under cool-down.

At current state seems like we are pushing patch 0.1.2 update launch forward by few days.
I most likely get the content ready, but i want to open the new area with a bang!! (making youtube videos)

Also Thanks again for keep playing my server daily. The feedback i get is amazing and helps me to set the balance for game early on.

Currently about 1 unique player per day plays in my server.
(not including players who ragequite after failing to kill dummy and who play more than 1 hour.)

Last edited:
by the way, the spells are not working xd
They use the mana, and the spells name is said, but no dammage..

Sorry for inconvenience.
Fixed the issue where previous monster "Dummy" did not disappear in starting area.
4 out 4 new players today, could not get past the starting area because of this.

This patch will hopefully conclude my 0.1.1 patches (maybe i put in the npc lag issue fix somewhere along the way)
Next update you will see new content !! But im pushing the content release by 1 week.

Its not that the content isn't ready, Im actually trying to make some good youtube videos to make the server more appealing.
No, don't get me wrong. I'm not advertizing to find more players to play yet. I'm advertizing to find more supporters who can speed up the server progress. (mappers, scripters, client masters, web designers/managers)

Im very glad that handful of players still come back time to time and try my server and see how it is going.
It wouldn't be so polished without you (gameplay wize). I will make sure NPC's will talk about good things about these players, but before that, gotta fix the lag issue these NPC's make when they use their brain.

Patch 0.1.1 Update 2

1. NPC's
:
NPC's: Now say something meaningful or give tips if you linger near them.
going to change the system a little, apparently it's making town lag.
NPC's: Leaving conversation with might also trigger hint if NPC thinks its necessary
Cook: Sells empty vials once again.

2. Overall vocation changes:
Knights: Passive, what increased total armor value from items, decreased to [50%] from [100%].

3. Item changes:
Ice Gem: Changed item Id, diamond shaped Ice gem doesn't work on client 10.41
Big Containers: Are now not moveable

4. Monster Changes:
All Bandits: Energy and Death resistance has been reduced by 40% !! your turn to shine mage :D
Archanos: Energy and Death resistance has been reduced by 30%
Archanos: Ice and Fire resistance has been increased by 20%
All Bandits: testing Scaling system on monsters. (the more unique players are near monster, the more hp monster have)
All Forest monster: HP reduced by 500 and added scaling Scaling System to them.

BUG FIXES:
No longer re-spawning skeletons in starting area again!!! I'm sure its fixed now!
Shared CD now works correctly (before it didn't but correct spell under cooldown)

First person to kill the last boss Archanos? :D

lNSeX2U.jpg

Today i was busy rehearsing for YouTube review xD for the server.

I did not know my server crashed.
I upped it now xD
And turned off the NPC System 3.0

I have to tinker with the System a lil more. I wont spend too much time on it though. If i cant complete it i wont just use it yet.
I rly want to show my latest content for reals :D
Even i am mindblown about the system/synergies spells/items i have produced.

O yea and That mission im planning. I had an idea to make mission a minigame :D. Will see how it will turn out.

Meanwhile i released my "Task Master" for public use and learning material :D
I have made the NPC's quite smart and i would recommend checking scripts out if you are interested making NPC better in your own servers/projects.
>>Click for scripts<<

Pushed Patch 0.1.2 Update by 1 week.
Making YouTube Videos before i open new content. Patience sometimes pays off.
Im also having some Quick new Systems planned for Patch 0.1.3 (More Brewing material, Improved Food System. New Brewing Recipes, from Fancy food to Fancy potions what increase player effects by far more unique way what i dont even know of yet xD)

Last edited:
Now the in-game material has been recorder up :D
All is good. Timeline is planned.
Tomorrow i will edit TUTORIAL!
Since over 50% players are failing to kill first monster in game, like for reals xD
Even though i making NPC's quite smart in game almost as if they were Tutors's xD
Im still gona put a small walktrough about village into this tutorial.

@Simon Here
Btw, too see more thing maybe signup and try server? xD
I have repeated it but gona say it again. GamePlay currently is only 3-5 hours long. So it doesn't take too long to see the "screens"

can i ask does the website have ddos protection?
no clue, i think not. its default Znote AAC, and only change i have done is removing useless panels.

Also when i get some more content to game, then if i still not have found someone to my team to manage and design Website.
I will start learning CSS and PHP to make that website.
And i will keep that in mind: (what ever is ddos protection. I will make it happen for my website)
But thats too future i plan like ~week ahead only xD
Website will be prolly made withing patch 0.2.x (then i got 1 boss 1 PvP place, ~5 semi bosses, ~4 solo bosses)
And that would make the website cool player progress page, where people can compare their equipment.
Or see yourself in highsscores comparing who has least deaths/most quest completed/most tasks compeleted/questLog
Or check highscores about miniGames
Or simply schedule plans when to play with fellow Whi World players.

Perhaps make it even so that best spots in any highscore list get weekly awards. (and highscores are more advanced, they also can check weekly chanages, showing also active players)
Also then there is enough content in game to make an LIbrary to website (spells in details, monsters in details, map in details, items in details)
Btw: i got cool idea. that players can manipulate the Library. Because items or monster are only shown in library: if [Player] uses Monster book [dropped by monster and item changes webpage library] or writes "item Name" into "add item" column.
Ofc the first player who adds something into WebPage library will be shown to all players who are using Library and noone else can add that item anymore.
But it also Gives reason for teams to not publish lets say [monster book], and keep that detailed information they just found, only for team to know.

Daily Question: Should i make my own music for YouTube video background sound OR use some kind of song? (that would take about day too if i make own music.)
Else i might get Tutorial video ready today.

Why this song? In my opinion, it has a lively footprint and at the same time of suspense... his musical block is sequenced, then you have a good music rhythm. Best part? Vocals!

The server is looking awesome
Ty.
Why this song? In my opinion, it has a lively footprint and at the same time of suspense... his musical block is sequenced, then you have a good music rhythm. Best part? Vocals!
Since noone seems to care for selfmade music i might as well go with that music. Although i will edit the music to match the length of my video.

Anyway.
I will continue editing now.
Yesterday did 10sec of video with 5 hours xD
Now i have new strategy. Will see how it goes :p

Last edited:
Back