• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Today I actually fixed the npc's. or well.. the basic chat system.
No clue is there any bugs because I have over 300 npc chats generated on startup for the npc's. I simply fixed the logic.
To find bugs gotta literally go to each npc and talk to them at the correct state of game.

Today I almost finished new shop system for npc's.
Since the npc's are now actually monsters with special attributes (which makes them npc's) I moved the shop to modal windows.
It is a bit more annoying to use it than the previous one, but it will get better with OTC edits (whenever that happens)

In addition added a "anti-grind" feature to the shop.
Now npc can have stock amounts and limits of how many items they buy/sell. Over time the stock changes back to the basic stock amount.
This should increase the value of the items they sell and decrease the value of items where there is too many of them.
Obviously in the current beta state it wont really matter, because npc can handle few ppl farming items for them.

All the npc AI's are now up to date.
Going to refactor reputation features.
When that is done too, I will update the live server.

Going to refactor reputation features.
When that is done too, I will update the live server.
Well got the reputation features refactored to new npc system.
But wont update server yet xD
I totally forgot about 2 weeks ago, I played server and so did Akamagic, which generated a bug list.
Going to clear the list out today too.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.1 - new npc system

Monsters:
ghosts:
Since ghosts are pretty dumbfounded with the new monster AI (when they have been exposed) I added 1 spell to them when they are not in ghost mode!

mummy: increased energy resistance from 30% to 60% and HP from 4000 to 6000.

Cyclops: Fixed picking up stones from ground

shadow: Fixed the shadow movements. Nerfed shadow blast spell a bit.

Tutorial:
Fixed bug where vials were removed after leaving preparation room.

Food:
Spiced food durations are increased. I saw no use for spiced up food and it only gave 5-10 seconds per spice. Now it nearly doubles the food duration.

NPC's:
Created new npc system and updated ALL previous npc features.
Visually most things remain the same. Sometimes just npc starts the conversation with you.
The huge change however is the new shop feature.
Npc now can have limits of how many items they have or how many are they willing to buy.
Each item has their own "regeneration speed" aka duration how long it takes for npc to consume the item or create the items back to stock.
jzikk5.jpg

refactored entire challenge event today. (to the central system)
Looked it up, it took me 4 days to make that event when I first created it :D

tomorrow going to test it.

What is Whi World?
Whi World is unique 2D MMORPG game. You start off in the tomb where you struggle to see the daylight. At first glance you find in yourself in abandoned desert city, but as you continue investigate the people you meet and places you visit you understand you are placed in cruel and violent yet beautiful and mystical world.

The first narrative arc follows a war between humans and undeads. You will learn to understand, how undeads came to be and how to fight them. Even though this is the main story, there is a lot more going on in this world. War has already began and there seems to be nobody to stand against them.

Whi World is made with awesome MMO emulator called "The Forgotten Server".
To test this server, I am using CipSoft copyrighted client and artwork. One day it will be replaced with its own style and client, but for now making the mechanical part of the game, so people could already express their thoughts on this NEW game concept.

This thread and post1 is updated ~monthly.
This is thread where I mainly post technical changes for Whi World and keep track of the progress.
This thread ties all other threads together.
Post 1 is interactive. Click around to get more information.

GAMEPLAY
> Overall <
> Vocations <
> Items <
> monsters <

Above links lead to another thread
>Whi World Wiki: Here I post item pictures or map pictures of Whi World <
>Whi World Videos: Here I post videos made for Whi World or whenever we stream the game <
>Whi World Advertisement: Here I post announcements regarding Whi World <
>Whi World future teamStrategy: Here is team structure plan what I will try to use when its time to "hire" team < -- ETA 01.10.2016
>Whi World Looking for assistant: Thread where I'm looking assistant for Whi World <
>Whi World Looking for mapper: Thread where I'm looking mapper for Whi World<
>Whi World Looking for OTC programmer: Thread where I'm looking client programmer for Whi World <

Whi World BETA 0.1.5.8
Whi World BETA 0.1.5.9.x: polish up and more content to rooted catacombs
Whi World BETA 0.1.6: First Lore Boss! HYPE

"Whi World" LATEST CHANGES for sandbox:

[18.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8

Updated "Scripting Patch 0.1.5" link

[17.08]
New items are ready

[16.08]
finished Mummy spells
Started thinking of 8 new equipment items.

[15.08]
Started making Mummy spells

[13.08]
Finished Mummy room Puzzle and quest

[10.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.9 hotfix

[08.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.9

[06.08]
Where I'm at with Whi World

PROGRESS
> [13.01] Creating team for this project <
> [27.02] Creating Whi World website <

> [12.05] New YouTube videos <
> [22.12] Scripting Patch 0.1.5 part 3 <

Whi World Patch Timeline< (updated 19.08)

> more of a story like updates <

>Looking for teammembers<
When you are interested in this kind of server and want it to be balanced, amazing and fun: play on my server and leave feedback on this thread about your thoughts.
If you want to speed up my project progress in some particular way: contact me. All kinds of help is appreciated.

HISTORY

Loved your NPC system with the looks, pretty good idea.

GOTO TO MAIN POST
First post is updated.

I have received an offer what will benefit Whi World in long term.
Offer is to create a different server with Whi World engine.
This may take up to 1 month starting today.
Most likely I will not work on Whi World features at that time. I will fix bugs or minor balance changes if people play and find things to improve.

Apparently not all has come to full stop.
@Addonia™ has taken some time to map detail Whi World early forest. When that area gets ready, I will update server along with the updated challenge event and game improvements if anyone finds something to improve.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.2 - improved tutorial

Monsters:
Dummy:
reduced energy resistance even more so that mage first spell has at least some use in the tutorial.

Tutorial:
Fixed bug where players couldn't talk to tutorial Npc's.
Improved tutorial look room description.
Looking activated stone twice will no longer reset the stones.
Increased stone looking time from 3 sec to 4 sec.
Fixed bug where npc created over 4000 spellscrolls instead of 4 xD
Fixed bug where player couldn't sell rubbish to tutorial npc.
Improved tutorial upgraded leather armor description.

Games:
Challenge event: improved version of same thing is live now. Visually not much changed. Unless some bug creeped in.

Aight so last week I did 16 unique monsters where 4 of them are bosses (they have 6+ spells each)

Upcoming week I will try to keep the tempo up.
As you can see I was still able to do some changes along the way.
next week I also will update server with more bugfixes and the change of lootbag.
Yep this feature is going to be changed yet again xD

How should new lootbag work:

Lootbag is bag with 4 slots.
Items inside lootbag will weight 0 oz.
However you can only use 1 slot if you bought the bag from npc.
To use more than 1 slot of bag. You need to use 'lootbag upgrade' item on the bag.
Each 'lootbag upgrade' unlocks specific slot of the bag.
Yes now you know there exist 4 lootbags in Whi World :D

When patch is applied, you will loose all your lootbags and it will be replaced with the new lootbag.
If you had discovered more lootbags before the slots will be automatically opened.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.3 - new lootbag

Monsters:
Mummy:
fixed spawns and the resistances (they were disabled >.>)
Mummy: Increased cloth drop chance from 25% to 35%

Other:
Fixed bug where rooted players did not die correctly.
In addition made so if you get rooted you get message that you got rooted for x amount of seconds.

Items:
Loot bag:
No longer sends item to depot. Instead reduces the item weight inside the loot bag to 0

Trade feature:

When you enter sell window twice in same second then it closes the trade (in other words double or triple ESC will close the trade)

Uff, server offline i think. I get home sunday night, then i can but it back online.
btw huge issue found with depot. After i put server online, will see if issue persists.
If it does going to have an issue i will need to wipe all depots.
This wipe will happen in 2 steps. First day all players will get a box on their character where they can put all their items from depot. And next update all the items from the box will be automatically moved to new depo

Whi World server is online.

For the new week I will continue on the other server I'm creating for someone else.
Today finished monsters for it and if you know Whi World, you know they are epic monsters.
This week we are going to work on few features and plan out how spells/items work.

feels good to work on a complicated feature. Haven't done that a while.

If you wondering what am I adding now, then here are couple of pictures:
Some of you are already realizing what is going to be added :p

This week plan is to finish with building/housing features.

Yesterday worked out renting, registering and selling house.
Currently allowing more than 1 owner for house and having questlist is disabled.
Also putting your house on auction is also disabled. But you can still sell your house back to game or to another person directly.

Today going to visually improve few things here and there with these things and then create a building catalog(all the things players can build) and add building experience as a new feature.

Tomorrow I will update live server once again.
Then you will be able to buy house for free and built it for free.

Hopefully some of you will test the new building feature, perhaps even give feedback.

Houses will be reset, so don't put your own items in there!!

Last edited:
GOTO TO MAIN POST

If you wondering why so little changes this month, then let me remind you, I'm currently actually doing lot of work for different OT server.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.4 - housing feature test

Tutorial:
In the room where you learn about resistance, Npc now tells you that you have to use hammers on armor to increase resistance

Npc's:
Eather:
Buys lootbag back for 25g (incase you are in short of money or didn't realize you don't need it for early game)

Other:
lets get drunk!
Fixed bug where drinking minigame bugged out when 2 players played and task was to step on chair and 1 player was on wrong chair)
challenge event: Failing challenge event no longer rewards lootbag
God powers boosted! improved my copy rune and I can now make players take no damage.

Gems
:

Fixed bug where you could not stack gems removed from item and gems found from corpses
Ice gem: The look information when looking shield is now fixed (the effect worked properly, just the look was bugged)

Housing Feature:
You can now buy house and build it.
However house doors do not work yet.
Houses will not be saved!
Building does not require any materials!

This is so that more players can test things I created so far for this.

Every day new account is created, but nobody gets online, sup with that?

Anyway, on Thursday I will update live server. (already found few bugs with house building)
Currently making a new upgrade feature to yet another server.
When its done, I get back to the house building and try to finish it this week.

Well this is how I see it.
You have great and innovative ideas and that's what brings people in to try it out.
They start with the tutorial, which can sometimes be complicated but most can go through it with ease. (Not sure if you have changed anything, since it's been a while since the last time I checked your server)
Then they get into the "grinding" part, and I feel that there's when people start questioning why they are playing the server.
When I tried it out I was confused to why I wasn't leveling up, but then i found out you dont get experience from monsters, but from tasks. It was something rather annoying, but i liked the challenge.
So i tried playing more and more, but at the end I found it somewhat difficult not being able to survive, i guess you need a team to play this server or I am just too bad of a player..
What I'm trying to get to is that your server my be a bit too HARD for some people. xD
The ot community seems to be here, for one reason. They dislike slow process in rl, so they want to try something that lets them get to the top rather quick. :)

Back