• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

ONLY TEST SERVER - Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.8 - new itemSystem

items:
new itemSystem: More power for me to easily manipulate item effects and stats.
In this new addition items can now have random value for their unique effects.
Most items you now have will get nerfed when patch goes live, but potentially many of them can get even stronger than they are right now. (collect lot of item tokens to max out stats, yes it also improves unique effects)
Only the unique effects will be rerolled for your items.

However every single item has now its own requirements for how many item tokens they require.
Currently its 3 for all. Very few will require over 3 tokens when patch goes live, lot of them will drop to only 2.
You can only guess which are powerful enough in my eyes that I cranked the token requirements up.

281vfae.jpg

On my free time I have been working on other projects atm, so barely any progress with the lore boss quest.
But got the boss room completed :D

No progress on Whi World.

I did have more free time, but all that time was spent helping other servers.
Then again Whi World received few hundred euros of donations within past few weeks so it is kind of different progress.

Not sure yet will I spend it on website or client modifications, will look into it next month.

While Whi World is down you can try a different kind of unique server also made with TFS open source.
That server uses modified version of Open Tibia Client (the client I want to learn to edit and change the UI completely)
Server created by developer who has been around here far longer than me, so you can expect cool stuff.
If you though my server was hard and impossible, now double it.

It's in early stages, something like I had year ago, very rough, but if you started liking my server, you might like his ideas too.
Multiverse Client Download
Unlike the awkward way to get access to my game, all you need to do here is: download the client and 'log in' with no username and password. (or 1/1)
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Rarely had any free time this week and if I did I spent it on scripting for other servers xD

Upcoming week not sure what am I going to do but I have feeling I won't updating Whi World.

However I did have a new event idea, what I might make eventually if someone wants to try something like that.
Its a single player minigame (could make it multiplayer too somehow, but then it might get too complicated)

Match up minigame:

You are placed near 4by4 area.
you can move to 4 different location: up, down, left, right

Game goal:

Obtain as many points as possible by matching up objects.
Points are stored to database

Every time you make a move:

1. you are moved back to position where you moved from (aka you don't actually move, you just move objects in the area)
2. the objects in 4by4 area moved to corresponding direction
3. new "object" is randomly spawned into area

the objects are not getting overlapped UNLESS they are "same object".
If they are the same, they will merge into "new object".
If the new objects are moved together even bigger object is created with them and so on.

So its like a puzzle where you just try to move objects to kinda like make bigger version with matching objects.
something like the "three bears" game.

Objects:

Different objects can have effects when created or when something specific happen:
- Every time you build "x object" you gain a "power"
- Every time you move "x object" to "this object" you gain a "power"
- every time you move it has chance to do something (may be good or bad)
- Some objects you can configure to do something speficic or choose what they turn into if matched

All objects can be accessed by looking them

Powers:

- delete random object
- improve object
- improve random object
- unlock platform
- unlock area
- get more points matching stuff
- etc

What do you think?

Some of you know I have been updating the Main thread in the 0tRealm forum.
Currently making "wiki" so you can read about Whi World features and items in the forum without having to play the game.
I should of done that long time ago, but I hoped someone else will do it for ~100€ while I do my scripting xD
But well nobody was up for that task, so now I'm doing it myself.
It will take quite some time before I get done with the Main thread, but eventually it should be quite "ok" and I will continue scripting the boss.

Even though I'm updating post in 0tRealm forum right now I will be active on this forum too.
Regarding this Main Thread, it will get some rework later when I get the other thread done somewhat.

There aren't many other updates to talk about, just some upcoming plans for Whi World have been set down, but too early to talk about them right now.

Last edited:
Post 1 is updated and new Whi World thread is ready: 0TRealm

This week I prolly continue making the Whi World Lore boss, Demon Skeleton.
Time to create some spells for that :p

I finally have created some Demon Skeleton spells.
If you want more details with pictures of these spells click on the spell name:
explosion aura + bone throw
bone jail
heal steal rune + normal attack

Now about another level of complexity, I'm between 2 solutions.
As you can see I have 4 pillars in boss room.
rix5pg.jpg

First idea:
players have to choose a pillar. The Demon Skeleton switches defensive powers where only 2 of the pillars do damage to him.
When players with same pillar powers get near eachother, they take damage.

Second idea:
Players have to drag boss under certain pillars in order to do damage to it.

Third idea:
Something you suggest.

If you have some other spell idea, let me know, goal is to make the boss fight nearly impossible :D

I went with modified second idea.
Players need to fight skeleton under any pillar, but there is certain amount of damage you can do under each pillar (damage comes back over time)

In addition added summoning spell to boss, where he summons skeleton and warrior skeletons.
I think this should be enough for now.

Will look into it further after we test the boss.
When I open server I will create test accounts for that purpose.

Rest of the time I spent on detailing the room and adding small features.
Will continue adding more details next time.
Hints how to fight and bit of background about Demon Skeleton.
Most likely I will expand rooted catacomb rooms too

All done!
Feels good, gave a better config look for the existing rooms: mummy room, ghoul room and skeleton warrior room.
Wasn't that hard, it was quite nicely done before already, expect ghoul rooms...

Well anyway, the above already gives hints what content I have added:
1 new mummy room puzzle.
1 new ghoul room puzzle.
1 new skeleton warrior room puzzle.

All these right now simply reward with a bit of Demon Skeleton fighting information, which you could read from forum post, but ey! Not everyone does that.

I will add some item rewards later to these rooms, but that happens after I see how well you fare with the new content and Demon Skeleton.

I will be making the patch notes next. First I will do some error fixing or improvements what I have found myself while doing these test and things what piled up before server got closed.

> Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.9 <

I know its awkwardly short patch notes xD
Lot of changes are technical and not really interesting to read about.

Next up I'm writing up the lore and descriptions and story for Whi World.
Not sure how much I will be revealing it on the forum. Most of will be website material which will be unlocked depending on player progression.
And not for the current website I have right now, so it will take some time before it is shown for everyone.
With the tibia client its also inconvenient to show the story in the game, so in order to see the story pages we also need to wait until I start working on custom client.

I will be skipping the dynamical look information in the game for now (the more you have progressed the more information you get by looking objects)
That's just too much work for now. There will be some of them, but the idea was to practically update every object to reveal story, which is waaay too much, there are more important things to do right now.

In addition something interesting can happen this month in Whi World. Will see it how it goes and give you the news when we ready.

have been busy. practically no progress in Whi World expect some more though put into the RPG and story aspect.
I have had some help with this, hopefully I continue to have it.

Another thing, since some complain that I post some things on other forum and and some things here, from now on I will do mirror posting aka same text for both if its relevant information.
However in OTLand posts I may not have all the pictures.

RIP my laptop.
I dropped my laptop and caused whitescreen..
Finally I did get the screen half working, but there were some hardware errors.
doublechecked, nothing was left open. I assume something got broken.
Alright is all good. I tried to get my files from HDD. Had to recover them. Recoverying file status was 3 months old! FFS!!
And i didnt recover anything, before I tested converting my HDD which caused to loose all my files anyway xD

Overall sad times.
Loosing scripts I did 2017 doesnt affect Whi World directly.
Because all I lost were the scripts I made for other servers.

However I could of use the created scripts as examples of how to create some things for my server.
List of lost data:
Castle War event for TFS 1.2 client 7.6 version
War System for TFS 0.3.6
War System for TFS 1.x with modal window + player option to set disables and modifers. Example, no specific runes/spells can be used + damage modifier
War System for TFS 1.x with war zones
Zombie event Run, players need to escape and not get hit by zombies
Zombie event Kill, players need to kill zombies to get points, the more they kill the more zombies spawn
Capture The Flag event, carry opponent flags to your team. Only 1 team vs 1 team edition
Team death match, only 1 team vs 1 team edition
Monster arena, in specific area players need to kill wave of monster and finally a boss monster or monsters to complete arena
Dungeon System, register players to dungeon they get do once per x minutes. In the end of dungen spawns boss wchihc on kill creates teleport and rewards
Dungeon Finder, modal window for players to create or join dungeon teams, automatic party creation + can check players and set restrcitions
Dungeon Scheluder, allows to plan ahead dungeon meetings for up to month ahead (limit can be changed though), same restrictions and option exist as for finder.

Event System! System to configurate any amount of custom events with any amount of the teams or allowed to combine different events.
Default modules, capture the flag, Free for all, team death match, monster spawning.​
Moba event, system which generated objects on the map based on configuration and allowed to create any number of different moba events.
Lost few different monster AIs, but doesnt matter, I already got the superior one here :D

Also lost some of the latest tibia quest and features, but dont really care about these

Had 6 different upgrade systems and several buffing features, but dont think I would needed any of them anyway for Whi World.
Maybe only allowing adding sockes feature for items.

As you can see loss of data was conisderable, but o well, becuase its not like I dont know how to do these, its just easier to copy paste required functions and make slight changes.

Situation is getting worse with days ...
There is a sudden crisis in my family which I need to attend as soon as possible.
I will be returning home next monday.

All these problems are going to exhaust all my savings I was planning for Whi World.
So I'm pretty much back where I left off next week.

Life sux.

Home now.

This week going to set up the workstation.
And see if the newest patch works on live server.

Not sure should I just silently keep my Whi World online like I used to?
or I make new advertisement thread to get noticed more and potentially find more players?

whiworld is online but not with domain name.
currently you need to use my IP to make acc: http://176.46.86.44/index.php
and to connect server: 176.46.86.44
withing 24 hours I think i get back my domain name, whiworld.com

If you got time maybe you can help me to find some bugs.
Currently looking for bugs and fixing them on the go myself.
These last offline patches has been left untested :D

known buglist:
some items give incorrect information on detail look (double look)

Last edited:
Alright so domain name is back. You can now use whiworld.com to enter website and in IPChanger

Fixed the issue that server goes offline when my computer goes to sleep (forgot that putty hangs xD)
Since noone but me has been checking in game, I haven't found any other bugs to fix.

Today I took upon a new task: Document and arrange all global, compat and combat functions.
Last year I started the documentation of these functions. Whenever I used a global or compat function i wrote down the function name and gave descritpion for it.
This resulted in 700 functions.

Now I'm going to go trough each and every one of them and do these:
I will organize them depending on what they do
I will check if I can improve the code and/or increase the performance of a function.
I will also rename functions if I find better name for those

Reasons:
This will make it easier and faster to find and debug these functions.
Overall cleaner look over data folder.
Can improve existing game features or mechanics executing speed.
Gives me good overall view what tools I already have.

Progress:
133 functions done out of 700

Having some difficulties with connecting to the game server :/

Back