• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

They start with the tutorial, which can sometimes be complicated but most can go through it with ease. (Not sure if you have changed anything, since it's been a while since the last time I checked your server)
depends when you last played. I update server almost every week.
And at least once a month I have been improving the tutorial.

Then they get into the "grinding" part, and I feel that there's when people start questioning why they are playing the server.
the grinding part is to kill difference monsters to get items with good stats at first.
Then another major part is to get that meat! (since food is rather expensive)
Endgame grind consists of getting stones and gems to upgrade gear
Even though tasks and collecting missions are also kinda grindy, they are nothing compared to any other custom server. As most of the time these are just bonus things you progress on while you are trying to get your new items or complete quest.

When I tried it out I was confused to why I wasn't leveling up, but then i found out you dont get experience from monsters, but from tasks. It was something rather annoying, but i liked the challenge.
Well the idea is NOT to grind experience, but I guess now the focus moved to how long certain task/mission takes time and that improvement on your character is not progressive, but rather jumpy.
With experience you can simply spend hours in one spot and get something every minute.
With missions tasks you need to complete given objectives what can take 15+ minutes each.

It is kinda hard to give good examples as my server is not balanced troughout for every class.
Maybe just recent months the early game to bandits to cyclops finally has a nice flow on it, but after that, who knows. Simply need more feedback. Nothing else do it.
But as long someone comes and plays trough game again, it will be improved. (so far been like only 4 people who has completed everything I have to offer to this point [not including mummies])

So i tried playing more and more, but at the end I found it somewhat difficult not being able to survive, i guess you need a team to play this server or I am just too bad of a player..
Just recently early game and bandits got even more easier, as for knight and hunters they were more difficult than for druid and mage.
And overall the resistances of these monsters were reduced.

Another thing what really drags down the early game is that my forest is not map detailed (its in progress for now by addonia)
There should be tons of free loot just laying on the ground which spawns back every now and then (random ofc)
Right now only near the desert border (map detailed by shirako) you can find free loot

there should be no need for teamplay (Expect boss fights, but even those have been soloed), but it definitely makes everything easier if you play it with friend.

What I'm trying to get to is that your server my be a bit too HARD for some people. xD
The ot community seems to be here, for one reason. They dislike slow process in rl, so they want to try something that lets them get to the top rather quick. :)
Well it is meant to be hard server, because I want it to be like that xD
I design the game like I already have the Whi World Client attached to it where you don't even need keyboard to play the game or simply use xbox controller.
However right now we have to bare with the horrible Tibia client where it triples the difficulty of my game.

About OT people. You maybe right, they want fast paced game, where my server is opposite of it.
But then again when I compare the recent Therran server pace with my server.
Takes 10+ hours to find something interesting in Therran (sure its always beautiful, but good looking map doesn't make it interesting)
Where in my game every few hours you see or find something new.
But obvously for Whi World it doesn't last too long as I only have ~30 hours of content.
Where Therran has so much empty space it takes hundreds of hours to even see it all.

Btw, I said account were created, but nobody came online xD (it looks more like they don't know how to connect to my game)
Although last 3 new people didn't know about OTland forum, so maybe they are from somewhere else and using ipchanger sounds too fishy for them.

Last edited:
Yeah, tried therran.. it is just like you say.. plain.. xD
There really isnt much of a custom feeling behind it, just that skill system.
I think ill try playing whiworld for a bit, lets see how much has changed.. :)
Edit: played the tutorial for 30mins... got stuck on the last part...xD

Last edited:
Edit: played the tutorial for 30mins... got stuck on the last part...xD
Which was the last part for you? Dummy boss fight?
What class did you try?
How many times you tried? (did you get boss hp below 50% at any try?)

Last edited:
Which was the last part for you? Dummy boss fight?
What class did you try?
How many times you tried? (did you get boss hp below 50% at any try?)
The last was where i have to !climb down and there are 2 blue tiles, both say they are the wrong tile and i tried !climb up and down on every single tile.

The last was where i have to !climb down and there are 2 blue tiles, both say they are the wrong tile and i tried !climb up and down on every single tile.
look sand tiles or use them.

I will add the hint to do that next update.
Thx for feedback xD

Its not easy to notice such details myself as I'm too used to everything and not seen someone else got stuck on that room.

(I update server tomorrow)

I improved it so if you step on both blue tiles it literally tells you what to do, but noticed I already had some kind of hint before.
When you talked to npc, he said this:

Code:
"Remind yourself what you learned so far.",
"You can USE objects, and you can LOOK objects",
"as objects I even mean the floor you are walking on!",

same goes if you are advance further and get stuck in quests/missions or whatever else.
Go talk to all npc's. They quite often know how to guide you.
There are lot of supporting npc texts what come up when you first time find or see anything new.

Anyway, small update on server will be done in few minutes.
Fixed few house bugs and improved game here or there. Nothing too interesting, so not going do patch notes.

Updated server again with small changes, but I might aswell mention these.
You now can only connect with tibia client 10.98
So far all the bugs found with housing feature are fixed. Now looking things to improve.
Level up should no longer heals
No more error messages when you quick equip distance weapons with hotkey.

Haven't added to live server but these also fixed:
Leveling up exp display calculation was off. Its correct now.
House 10 (next to depot) is fixed (acciedentally had 2 different houses registered with same id)

doing some testing now by fixing my house in game:
iwjb0k.jpg

fiddling with source took so much time last week, I couldn't finish housing feature..
I will try to nail it today.

As with the ARPG server I was making, seems it will come few week hold, because well, they ran out of money and I don't do other servers for free.

Now that I don't have any big ongoing offers, I will add some new features to Whi World to improve the housing feature.
I will bring in new profession to the game:
woodcutting - to gets logs which is main ingredient for most constructions or crafting items
mining - to get metal ingredients, used for: crafting, smithing and building
crafting - to craft building materials or furniture for house or even some combat items (yeah I think I add some new equipment to game)
smithing - to craft building materials or combat items (more new equipment to game)
farming - to make your house look more beautiful or grow you desired herbs. (yes even minigame herbs)
enchanting - 3rd upgrade feature for items. (tip: start collecting spell scrolls)

All these professions will have experience and levels.

After these done I will refactor old professions to also adapt the experience tables and levels.
cooking
brewing

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.5 - new housing feature

Whi World now uses tibia client 10.98

Other:
no free HP!
Level up no longer heals
Using last of spear?! No more error messages when you quick equip distance weapons with hotkey.

Tutorial:
added more hints to tutorial

Housing feature:

Players can now buy they own house plot with ingame gold.
In their house plot, they can build their own house if they have the required materials and levels.
To get building level, simply build available objects for house.

So I been working on some fundamentals for the new feature: professions
It actually can't exist alone. It comes with feature I already kinda had: tools (just not in a form so that central system could understand it)
+ It needs the "outcome features" which are the ones I mentioned above post: woodcutting, mining, crafting, cooking, etc

For now I have finished with woodcutting.
I don't have much of tree examples yet, because need to fiddle with map. (I think I need to detail the early forest myself, as Addonia has been taking way to many weeks to complete it.)
Whenever the profession patch drops, the early forest map will be scripted and woodcutting profession itself will have some more grindy content :D

GOTO TO MAIN POST

With the new professions I will be adding new "layer" on the Whi World.
Right now as you know Whi World has lot of challenges, but not many things to leisurely spend time on. Maybe thinking about equipment and build, but that is only possible after you killed all monsters. And that is not an easy task my friend.

Currently I have finished house building feature. So there you can spend your time without the worry about dying.
Now in order to give you something to do there. I'm going to improve all professions Whi World has and create some new ones.

Materials of course can be obtained from out of the world, but its much easier to escape from enemies than to fight them.

Last edited:
Mining profession:
Well nothing too fancy about this profession either.
You simply get pickaxe and hit rocks what has name: "mining ore"
On the picture mining ores are the yellow stones.

This profession if for collecting materials.
I will add some chance to get some extra gems from mining too :)

Smithing & Crafting profession:
You character will be able to craft new materials, equipment or special items out of goods you gather or create with professions.
Whenever you create something, you will gain experience usually based on how many and what kind of materials the created item requires.
When required amount of experience is reached. You get level.
Levels unlock new goods you can start crafting right away.
However you can also learn recipes various other ways. Like finding recipe papers, missions, quests, etc.

These professions also unlock additional items you can build for your house.
As for starters when I update Whi World with new professions, these are the most exiting items you can build for your house if you crafting/smithing skills are high enough:
Anvil - You no longer have to venture out in the world to find anvil to smith items or create equipment tokens. You can do it all in your home.
Depot - Depot is too far from home? Np, now you can have direct access to your depot from your home.
Mirror - Tibia client has lot of player outfits and addons which I have given no attention so far and have been remained "sealed".
In front of mirror you can choose whatever outfit you want, to make your character look as fancy as you can.​

It will be also possible to quick craft items by using hammer on materials.
For example: using hammer on antlers will grant you spear automatically if you have the required materials.
another example: using hammer on copper or while its on the anvil will automatically smith a nail.

Quick craft works usually on items what you may want to create in larger quantities like projectiles or materials.

There is not much to show about smithing and crafting, So I made a simple picture of equipment you could craft and how it looks like.
It looks similar to all the other creating features you have seen before.

As for this week,
I will work on polishing and creating the features/content, what come with these professions: Building, Crafting, Smithing, Mining and Woodcutting.

keep in mind, i havent actually tested it ingame, just read/looked at pictures here:
i would recommend adding the required materials next to the name when you're building (e.g sandstone wall - 4 building sand -you have enough) or something like that (in the cases where it isnt a long list, and in those maybe show x of them and say check more info), having to click an extra button for every thing to see that it only needs 1 material is something i found very frustrating doing houses, and seeing that you have enough resources right next to the name kind of accomplishes the same thing, just provides more flow in building
regarding floor, if you havent, dont forget to not allow people to remove floors, so theres nothing left there, i would suggest letting floor actually be removable, and having the "base" floor saved somewhere so it defaults to whatever was there before you built a new floor
last but not least, limits for how walls can be placed is useful if you want to avoid people building ridiculously stupid shit with just random walls everywhere

i would recommend adding the required materials next to the name when you're building (e.g sandstone wall - 4 building sand -you have enough) or something like that (in the cases where it isnt a long list, and in those maybe show x of them and say check more info), having to click an extra button for every thing to see that it only needs 1 material is something i found very frustrating doing houses, and seeing that you have enough resources right next to the name kind of accomplishes the same thing, just provides more flow in building
Well in case if you have the resources it does say you can craft it.
I also though about it at first, but wasn't sure how long my lists will be.
But as I see now most of them would fit to the screen.

It isn't that frustrating though. ENTER button to see materials, ESC button to close the text dialog to continue where you left off.
I would have left the matter be, but since you brought it up I will see how I can improve it.

regarding floor, if you havent, dont forget to not allow people to remove floors, so theres nothing left there, i would suggest letting floor actually be removable, and having the "base" floor saved somewhere so it defaults to whatever was there before you built a new floor
players can not remove floors, only build new floor on the previous one.
If you in some unknown reason you create swamp floors for your house, you better prepare new set of materials if you want get rid of that swamp.
But then again, its kinda weird if you cant crank up the wooden floor you just built.
I will add some exceptions of which floors can be removed or not.

last but not least, limits for how walls can be placed is useful if you want to avoid people building ridiculously stupid shit with just random walls everywhere
Does not concern me, its their house.

Ty for feedback.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.6 - new professions

NPC's:
Bum:
has new mission.

Items:
Hunting spear:
new weapon what can be obtained trough crafting. effect: deals 10% more damage to slowed targets

Other:
This patch depot transfer is made. I suggest everyone who want to keep their items what they have in depot to log in once.
Had some complications with it, but it was resolved quickly thx to @MatheusMkalo. Thx for help.

Map:

Even though the early forest was not finished, but since it was there, I now added some random loot to corpses and few more details to it.
I'm not happy how it looks right now, but seems like addonia has stopped improving it.

woodcutting profession:

profession is meant for gathering materials (logs)
Right now levels improve the amount of logs you get per swing.
In future new materials will be introduced.

mining profession:
profession is meant for gathering materials (bricks and metal)
Level increase the chance how good materials you can get.

smithing & crafting profession:

With these professions you can craft new items out of materials.
levels unlock new items you can craft.

next update I add rest of the professions: farming & enchanting + cooking & brewing

However few things to notice.
Food is going to be changed again. So if you have any food left, use it now, because you wont be able to use it later. (in fact I remove all the food you have when you log in next patch)

Today I refactored how food works and how can it be spiced up.

Some interesting changes are coming with the food rework.
Well not interesting for player, but as for server developer I guess its quite rare that all eatable items have same actionID xD
It is that so that food is registered automatically and I don't have to deal with .xml files.

Besides that, I updated central system and action system here and there today.
All so that I could control and register everything I need from a single file without having to open xml files or add some lines to events folder or whatever, you know the typical things.

mmm, lets send letter to the future. (listening this song atm)
After I'm done with professions, hopefully next week.
Going to change the way you can build your character.
In future you can only have 1 character per account.

What I'm going to do is make classes changeable trough spellbook.
Like, you can choose which kind of spellSet you have. (mage-, druid-, knight-, hunter spells)
You still need to find the spellScrolls of course. hue hue.
To get the tier 2 spells (you get from tutorial), the upcoming profession Enchanting will give you option to create one.

God damit I'm sure taking my time writing this post.. lol almost 30min has passed xD

What else

with enchanting profession I will think last 4 new spells for each class.
Something passive or easy to use. Going to keep the button need for 4. So that it would be easier to play whi world with controller or android.
Maybe a spell what buffs other spells in unheard way xD

Here is an idea, what you think of this??
5th tier class spell effects have 2 passives.
1 effect is something what just is on.
but 1 passive activates every time spell is casted and disables the passive.
passive reactivates, lets say every 10 sec.

Activated passive does something with the spell you just casted.
This should add some extra player skill need for play. Managing your spell and thinking trough in what order you want to do it.
Because some of you already know that, some items require some specific spell order to maximize dmg, going to be interesting to see the plays ppl start doing :D

Ah ye, farming too c:

once you get to own a house, herbs should be no issue at all. I will make it possible to grow all, yes even the shroomz, trees and bushes :p
With shovel you can start digging up the materials(flowers, roots, seeds) from world.

well, im off to watch some House Of Cards.

Display of ongoing buffs:
So far it only showed how long food lasts and potion name and potion duration. (didn't even take into consideration that some potion nerf effects lasted less time than buffs)
Now it also shows the effect duration of cooked food effects

In addition, you can now check what is the effect of that buff if the name didn't ring a bell.

Cooking profession:

This is not going to be much different than it was before.
It just that now spicing and cooking gives experience.
Cooking levels now unlock the cooking missions which you could do before without the need of cooking level.

So in other words I made it more progressive but nothing new to it.
Some other time will see what shall the cooking level do.

Brewing profession:
same thing as with cooking, made it more progressive with brewing experience.

But I did add a small twist to having a good brewing level.
Potions power depends how good is your brewing level. The bigger it is the better is buff and the weaker is the nerf c:

the profession window is the same as the old recipe window. However it shows the effects of potions and dishes a lil better than before.

Today worked towards enchanting profession. Also added a little more Whi World background story behind it, but most likely if anyone did follow it, they have long forgotten what was it all about and who are the npc's in town xD

Today finished with dilemma: what should be the 5th and final tier spell for knight?
Mage has "voltage" -
next energy spell you cast has bonus effect. (spark, barrier and dispel)

Hunter has "tumble" -
jumps(teleports) you back on the tile you were 2 seconds ago. (yes I'm well aware this can cause quite lot of problems mechanically, but I will make it work!)

Druid has "transform" -
shapeshifting to beast (bear is default, but items, skilltree and several other things can change the form).
Once again this can cause problems the way I want it to be. Originally I want beast type monsters in game who are weaker than you avoid you, but that needs source edit.
But I guess that wont happen any time soon, because I suck at source edits and it can't be done with Lua so that it would look natural.
Anyway, the transform itself change spells to new 3 abilities + unshift
EDIT:
Knight has "veteran" -
While in combat, knight starts receiving bonus stats.
when you take energy damage, you start resisting more energy.
when you take physical damage you start resisting more phsyical, etc.
when you deal critical damage you get some more crit chance.
when you critical block, you start blocking more.
etc etc, almost all attributes.
Attributes get stacked up the more you proc them, but there will be some kind of limit to balance it out.
Attribute buffs last 1 minute.

So in other words knight will not get spell he needs to time or cast. I figured knight already has so many things he has to do, I still think its the hardest class to play with in groups.

But that passive spell still adds another depth for building your knight, so it is not that boring spell (i hope)

Last edited:
Back