• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Yeah website works just fine. I can see my char list but connecting takes forever.

Yeah website works just fine. I can see my char list but connecting takes forever.
Do you have discord?
I changed some things, can you enter now?

EDIT, nvm wait a min didnt even restart server xD

Had wrong IP address on the config file.. though it wanted me to enter host ip not server id.. Or that how i understood it..

Fixed item looks in live game. again.

Todays progress:
174 out of 700

cya monday.

I keep being busy, I applied to IT related jobs here in Estonia, because well why not if pay is good.
I received a test via email for the job application, so spent my time on that.
Anywho, now done with those things.

I feel like spending at least a hour to continue with the global functions.
+ going to check why Darkoz only played 2 minutes. Might have some retarded bug right at the beginning again xD

i logged in, and right at the beginning i tried to step on the blue tile, but it told me that only 1 person at the time could do it, and i couldn't leave the tiny room

i logged in, and right at the beginning i tried to step on the blue tile, but it told me that only 1 person at the time could do it, and i couldn't leave the tiny room
ye currently worked on this. Its fixed in 3minutes. Making a github log right now before I push it to live server.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.9 - fixes

Items:
Arrows:
fixed bug where you couldn't look arrows
Projectiles: now show break-chance on item description
Woodcutting axe: improved item description if looked with tutorial text ON (config option) ("Tools can be stacked by using them on eachother.")
Token bag: fixed bug where they could not be looked at

Fixed bug where some environment items did not disappear after use.

Tutorial:
Fixed bug where players could not enter tutorial rooms.
Fixed bug where in some conditions torch and leather armors were dropped under you instead of auto equipped
Fixed skill tree room

Combat
:

Fixed bug where stuns were infinite.
Fixed bug where monsters could attack players from different floor. (aka different z pos)

Quests:
Abducted quest:
Fixed Archanos, no longer uses boss spells

Spells:

When you are about to learn a spell that is not for your class, now you get warning before.

Other:
Documenting and arranging all global, compat and combat functions progress: 316 out of 635

1433hw9.jpg
2ly0m6q.jpg

Last edited:
Progress at 400. Tomorrow next patch will have new creature functions.

Plus some bug fixes with lootbag and blueberries.

Has anyone created potions yet?
Or bought house?
Or made 5th spell scroll?

Updated live server with recent fixes and also wanted to update because changed how stats work.
I made stat manager over year ago so now it got some rework, but it was kinda annoying with strings so I generalized it.

Current progress now at 488 out of 600

Current progress now at 565 out of 565 ! :D
Although I still got around 500 lines of code in global, compat and playerData together which needs to be sorted too. (not everything was documented before)

Well still nice, once I get past these few more lines what you prefer to see next?
1. NPC's get spells
With this early game will get a bit easier as you can drag monsters near NPC and let them kill monsters for you
This is also a required first step towards war event*​

2. Map detail forest
I got guides and map pieces for the forest so I could do that faster than usually
This mainly will improve early game.
Opens up new possibilities for early game quests
3. Endgame content - You guys are not even close to complete what I already have...

4. return of PVP rooms (x vs x and FFA)
This time I will make pre item sets for players who have no clue what items to use.
There will be no cost to choose items, everything will be free​

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6

Finished organizing, documenting and improving global functions.

------------------------------------
Bringing end to the drag.
I have been stretching this 1 percent progress far too long for now. It has been over a year since I released patch 0.1.5.
Compared to first year I did spend far less time on my server, because of several obligations, but even still over 1000 scripting hours has been spent on Whi World.

I wanted to bring out patch 0.1.6 on more appealing note, because I did spent 100eur on concept art regarding the latest content, but I think its waste to try
and build up the hype right now. The art won't disappear anywhere, just like the story texts, they will wait for better time to reveal themselves.

Also I think I mentioned it somewhere that I will try to release patch 0.1.6 with new website, but it's not going to happen right now.
Even though this patch took time to come out, it is still months before the estimated schedule.
It's just that I'm home now and my scripting progress for Whi World has increased again.
Besides this is getting pretty annoying when patch notes go from 0.1.5.9 to 0.1.5.9.9 to 0.1.5.9.9.9 xD

Overview of changes and improvements since patch 0.1.5

Items:
Item stat values are now randomized (including the unique effect values)
41 new equipment items.
4 new upgrade stones: crit-, speed-, def- and sight stone
Improved how lootbags work.
New special bags: gem bag, herb bag, seed bag, mineral bag
Removed soulbound items (items that cant be upgraded)
4 new stats: minimum damage, maximum damage, miss chance, stun resistance
Removed stat 'attack' from items
Added equipment tokens to game to improve item stats
New potion: Speed potion

Map:
Bandit mountain has new look
North-East corner of forest has new area
Temple added to in the east side of forest
Rooted catacombs added to map

Quests:

Reworked bandit mountain quest
3 new side quests: Abducted quest, Treasure Hunt quest, Cursed Bear
6 new main quests in rooted catacombs.

Monsters:

Monsters spawn on map randomly and with different stats.
5 new normal monsters: ghoul, skeleton, ghost, warrior skeleton, mummy
2 new bosses: Cursed bear and Demon Skeleton.

Spells:

Improved spellbook, more information about spells and their improvements
4 new spells: onyxdef, imp, innervate and taunt
Reworked !poison spell.

new minigames:

drinking game - 2nd floor in Forgotten Village
bomberman game - entrance in Forgotten Village inside Alice house

Missions:
5 new item collecting missions.
5 new custom mission: Bone Flute mission, Bandit Mail mission, Craft Spear mission, Find Tonka mission, Find Peeter mission

PVP:
Disabled ranked pvp and free for all room.
Disabled dueling.

Other:
Added player panel, where players can look their progress, stats and other player related thing.
Several secrets added to game, where most of them are still undiscovered.
Teleportstones and its charges improved.
Players can build their own house.

New monsterAI and spellcreating system.
Documented unique items and removed all manual uniqueID's from items.
Created action system.
Created central system.
Removed quest generating system
New npc system.
Professions: (new thing for the game in general)
house building, woodcutting, cooking, crafting, mining, smithing, brewing, enchanting, farming

Tutorial:
Created new tutorial with 17 rooms, where npc guides players and helps them to complete each room.

Obviously there are way more changes, but if you want to see all of them you would have to browse trough history since 2015 December.

Last edited:
no update last week because well you guessed it, entire week was spent scripting for other servers.
Next few days will continue so, but perhaps end of this week I can improve Whi World, as I have several improvements planned and written out.

Great to see more progress!
Hey just a side note, at some point you should change all uses of the word "what" (in the context of the below example) to "that" in order to conform with what is generally accepted as correct English.

E.g.
"When you are about to learn a spell what that is not for your class, now you get warning before."
There are some examples in game but this one was in a post that I could copy-paste xD

EDIT:
In game example:
"Gives a buff what that lasts 5 seconds"

Last edited:
Great to see more progress!
Hey just a side note, at some point you should change all uses of the word "what" (in the context of the below example) to "that" in order to conform with what is generally accepted as correct English.

E.g.
"When you are about to learn a spell what that is not for your class, now you get warning before."
There are some examples in game but this one was in a post that I could copy-paste xD

EDIT:
In game example:
"Gives a buff what that lasts 5 seconds"
What about this?
tipMsg = "use hammer on blue tile and build a wall what requires no materials.",

Yes in that example too (I also made some other edits, but I'm not entirely sure of the context so they might not work for you :p)
"tipMsg = "use the hammer on a blue tile and to build a wall what that requires no materials.","

I see 2 ppl failing tutarial xD?
Any bugs I should know about or just gave up somewhere, because too hard boss?

I get home tomorrow.
My patch is done too, can update tomorrow.
Some interesting things for some i think.

Patch notes tomorrow xD
But you can see them when you get online

Back