• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which build would be most op if we could use items/spells from every vocation?

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering what if we ditched the concept of vocations and allowed everything instead. You could train any skill at dedicated vocation rate, you could use any spell or item. Which build would be the most op in this situation? Which strategy would become completely useless?

I think it depends if we're talking about pve or pvp, but in terms of pve I would have to say Knight in the long run, Paladin in early levels.
My reasoning behind it is the following:
  • Knight's HP pool is by far the biggest of all vocations so it would be easier at high levels to hunt effectively, it would be a rough start considering you will have to build the knight's mana pool in order to be able to spam or chain spells effectively.
  • Paladin's will reign supreme at early-mid level pve, they will get good hp, hence they would be able to venture in better hunting grounds and they would also have a really good amount of mana to keep up with the spells that mages learn.

I'm not really a pvp guy but, again, if all other conditions are equal then HP is the most important attribute, that's why I think in an endgame scenario Knight's would have the upper hand.

I would say that team hunting would become worthless or at the very least a pain, as now a Knight could have the title of Knight but it only tells you the stats they have (+Hp -Mana) but you don't know his true role inside a party, he may have trained Magic level and Distance so he's more of a High HP shooter rather than the expected front man. And that would affect other vocations too, players would have the freedom to make..Idk, a Shooter with high hp/low mp, a Tank with balanced hp/mp that relies on spells for damage/healing, a mage that at high levels acts as a tank thanks to the colossal amount of heals he can spam and the defensive gear and skills a Knight would have previously had, etc.

So in a server like this it would be chaotic to identify which path a given individual has decided to take regardless of his shown vocation. The best approach I can think of to get rid of this issue is to erase vocations as a whole, let people train whatever they want as you said but also everyone will advance in hp/mp at the same pace, that would bring another set of issues as everyone would be the same basically so no variety, no special builds = less fun.

Albion is a game I tried where vocations do not exist but roles do, and they play an important part in pve and pvp. Role and spells are defined by the gear you choose to equip. Gain experience with them and you will become more proficient (Giving slightly better damage/spell power every step you advance but only with that type of gear), so you can effectively change "vocations" on the fly which not only affect your abilities, it also adjusts your hp/mana accordingly.

it depends on tibia version and if set determine ur hp/mana gain per level

but mlv+dist to have really strong healing and mage spells with good auto attacks and high shielding

Ignore gains per level, assume everyone has equal

i think if we're talking about oldschool Tibia the best build would be a mage-knight with the possibility of using UE, waves and SD's and dealing devastating damage with it, lol

all of that while being able to paralyze

If its oldschool version then dealing damage with decent sword and 80+ sword fighting plus dealing exori vis or exevo mort hur would be the best approach. Huge melee damage with great close range mage spells sounds the most OP I can think of in both pvp or pvm while distance weapons wouldn't be that worthy because of 1sqm range spells. However if its not 7.x and exori vis can be cast on monster via range then distance shooting plus the magic spells would be OP. But maybe the best strat on pvm would be to go either full defense with spells vs strong melee monsters or full atk with spells vs low melee monsters. :D

All I can think of is that knight is the best one by far even without rp/ed/ms offensive spells (that he will get mana for only at higher levels). Just give him great spirit potions, magic level and exura vita.

I think distance/mage/hp combo would be the easy winner. Someone who focused on magic level/distance fighting/health. They would have insane sustain by using healing spells and runes, insane damage from spells and runes too, all whilst running away. In tibia mobility is extremely important and a paladin always wins there.

Back