• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Which pc requirements for run real map project?

Gattaca

OTLand's Developer
Reaction score
Hi.

I want to know, which of those
items on the list i need to run a real map project.

Processor:
Ram:

-
Am currently using Intel Genuine Pentium 4 - 1.7 Ghz, 512 MB Ram, and 2 GB Virtual Memmory.
And it lacks hell while map loading. Without saying how much it takes. But in game is 0% lag. and the trouble is... My internet connection xD

Last edited:
1.6Ghz processor or higher. Prefers dual or quad core. Works fine with 1.6Ghz, but if you get any higher, server saves will go faster.
2 - 3GB RAM. Without graphic card.

Windows Server 2003, if 2GB ram then web edition, if higher then enterprise edition.

Or Linux.

If you want to run a original tibia map with Linux, you only need 1.5 - 1.75GB RAM.

With theese specs you will be able to run at least 300 - 400 players, as long as the distribution is totally without any console errors and a good network with at least 5Mbit upload.

so, Linux is better than Windows. And more faster?

I know Windows only loads 3 gb ram.

If the differences are SO BIG. where can i get Linux?. Did Linux works with NVIDIA FX5200? sucks~ but anyway is my favorite vga <3

Last edited:
Yes, linux is faster, and it requires a lot less ram than windows.

32bit systems can only use up to 3.2 - 3.4GB RAM. Windows usually comes with 32 bit, but you can also get a 64bit windows system, which is capable of running hundreds of GB's of ram without any problems.

Any windows OS that is "Web edition" got a cap of 2GB ram thought.

Yes, linux is faster, and it requires a lot less ram than windows.

32bit systems can only use up to 3.2 - 3.4GB RAM. Windows usually comes with 32 bit, but you can also get a 64bit windows system, which is capable of running hundreds of GB's of ram without any problems.

Any windows OS that is "Web edition" got a cap of 2GB ram thought.

32bit os can support up to 4 GB it just depends on the os.
* Edit: The Linux Kernal can be compiled for up to 64 GB if you really are concerned about staying 32bit though it is for sure all based on your hardware though.

64bit operating systems support up to 256 TB but this is only speculation..

Last edited:
All of the drivers will work fine, if you use daemon tools to install it, an install window will pop up and you can install it on a partition on your hard-drive. Once installed you will have a selection in your boot menu, whether to boot ubuntu or your current operating system.

Sorry for double POST!, this OS has shortcuts for send Save. Me sorry for db post.

Done, i installed it. But has an weird language on my keyboard ha ha.
Also it has auto correct words, so i will by allowed to talk more nice English. And i have to admit that is 85% more fast than Windows XP, i am navigating and meeting my new keyboard.
Now just want to know. How to compile TFS 0.3.5pl1 for Linux.

Sorry if mistakes some words and some special characters, the keyboard driver doesn't work with mines.

King Regards.

Back