• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which processor is better to otserv?

ntmr

hi!
Senator
Reaction score
Hello :)

I would like to know which of these processors is better to run an otserv.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 or AMD Athlon 64 5000+ Dual Core?

It cost the same price for me, that is why I'm in doubt.

*That server will run Debian.

In most cases 64bit will beat 32bit, and AMD processors are also cheaper so if they're both at the same price the AMD processor is most likely better... and to answer your question if otserv runs on x64 arch, yes it does. The Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 only has 1.8GHz while the AMD Athlon 64 5000+ Dual Core has 2.6GHz.

It should be quite obvious which one to go with by now.

@up: That's what rumors say, you shouldn't always believe them.

@ragal: Then get AMD processor with same price and look which one is better, the Intel one will probably have larger L2-cache but AMD one is still more powerful.

EDIT: Just checked price for E6600 (dual core), it's approx $340 and has L2-cache of 4MB and 2.4GHz.

You can get AMD Phenom with 2.5GHz (quad core) which has 4MB L2/L3-cache, for approx $330.

Tests for WH:MoC with those processors (Highest best):

AMD one: 25.16 - 25.28 (different veriants)
Intel One: 22.83

Seconds to convert 115 PP pages to PDF (Lowest best):
AMD One: 206-214
Intel one: 232

EDIT: Just checked price for E6600 (dual core), it's approx $340 and has L2-cache of 4MB and 2.4GHz.

You can get AMD Phenom with 2.5GHz (quad core) which has 4MB L2/L3-cache, for approx $330.

<3 quad core I'm so gonna get one soon!

Last edited:
Hmmm... Tala if I have 64x processor (and OS of course too :p) Could I use the normal tfs (for 32bit system) too? And what is the difference between 32 and 64 (for OTS)? :p

Hmmm... Tala if I have 64x processor (and OS of course too :p) Could I use the normal tfs (for 32bit system) too? And what is the difference between 32 and 64 (for OTS)? :p

On windows the SO will emulate a 32bit system for the application.

On linux you will need to compile it yourself.

Back