• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why is it called Tibia / Fibula?

3alola1

I don't have time
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been playing tibia for 11 years till now but there is a question that I haven't got an answer for it during all these years of playing this game.
Why this game is called tibia? I mean tibia is a type of a bone in the leg and don't tell me they didn't mean it.
There is a city that is called (Fibula) South-west of thais and The fibula is a bone too near to the tibia bone and they are close to each other.
I asked my self if I ever made a game and what name I would name for it and the answer is that I would never name it with a name of a bone ever

brokentibiafibula.jpg screen-tibia-map-viewer.jpeg

Well, considering the game begun as a hobby and then turned into a serious project, I assume the name started as a joke or a placeholder and then became the official name because it grew on them, or because they couldn't come up with anything better.

I asked my self if I ever made a game and what name I would name for it and the answer is that I would never name it with a name of a bone ever

Maybe, but you might name it something else random like "Trashcan" or "Opal" or "Ravioli" while it's in the infant stages because you don't want to spend hours upon hours coming up with a perfect name that encompasses the idea and suits really well for graphics design and whatnot, before you've even written a single line of code.

Well, considering the game begun as a hobby and then turned into a serious project, I assume the name started as a joke or a placeholder and then became the official name because it grew on them, or because they couldn't come up with anything better.

Maybe, but you might name it something else random like "Trashcan" or "Opal" or "Ravioli" while it's in the infant stages because you don't want to spend hours upon hours coming up with a perfect name that encompasses the idea and suits really well for graphics design and whatnot, before you've even written a single line of code.
Yeah maybe you are right . The funny thing that it made me forgot that there is a bone called tibia

It probably started like an inside joke. Thais was first named Tibia, but they renamed it Thais. Hence Fibula being at the spot where it is.

Sternum is also a bone. Read an interview with one of the 4 gods years ago, and he told they picked Tibia as a random name, and once they realized it was a bone they started to reference it with names like Fibula and Mount Sternum.

It probably started like an inside joke. Thais was first named Tibia, but they renamed it Thais. Hence Fibula being at the spot where it is.

in my noob times, when i finished rook for the first time, i thought thais was a asian town..

Back