• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wich way do you use to update ur OT?

Keiro

Reaction score
MY ot is hosted on a virtual private server, a pc with 1.5gb the ram , the ot works perfectly but ofc, when i need to update the map, add citys etc, i do it on my pc , then i upload it and i download it on the pc of the server

the thing is, my map is less than 20 mb, but im thinking on realising a rlmap ot, rlmap is 120mb, my upload speed is 0.09 so i wont rly be able to upload lots of mbs

so i was thinking...theserver ill rent is 4gb ram , do u think i could use RME by remote desktop on the server pc? and edit the map ? idk just wondering :p

I've edited a map using a mapeditor on my dedicated server running Win2003 and while laggy, it still worked.

VPS usually got no graphical acceleration at all but it all depends the way the virtual machine is configured.

In most cases RME will not run well though.

yeah, i think it will be very hard to work on remote machine :< You can't see all colors, it will be laggy...better update map once per week xD (Rl maps can be packed with winRaR, then it will be 30~MB(I guess), so it's not so much to upload, even with 0.9 mbit xD

I'm currently renting a server on serverloft and doing all the updates through the server, as it would be the same if you'd do it on your home computer because you don't have any lags while you're in the server.

Back