• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Will this perform for years? (Gaming Wise)

Ceejzor

Murica Born N Raised!
Reaction score
Ok so after owning my current HP for years.. it's slowly but surely starting to not be able to perform mid-ultra performance games(LA Noire,Deus Ex,Homefront,Mass Effect 1 & 2) so to basically play any of those games I'm starting to have to play them on low performance which is very unsatisfying.

Saved me about 2000$ for PC not hoping to spend that much on one.. but just if the need comes to it, I play ton's of PC & I need one thats capable for years to come which is why I'm here to ask you knowledgeable Gamers a question?

Will this run games for years?

a few of my online friend's recommended it to me.

Anyway thanks for your helps peeps! <3

Personally I recommend people that want a new computer to build it themselves.

About this particular computer you have chosen.
No it will not run very many modern games for more than 1 - 2 years on high settings.

1. LGA 1366 CPU's are outdated.
2. The only real reason to have an X58 motherboard, is to have triple channel memory and those extra PCIe lanes. Which you don't need.
3. A 6870 isn't even that good.
4. No SSD for a $1300 Computer? Doing it wrong. An SSD is good for more than just storing your OS.
5. If you want an X* Chipset, Why X58 when you could go X79?
6. Why first gen when you could go second gen?

You should look into getting a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processor with a Z68 motherboard, and something like a 560Ti instead of a 6800 series Radaeon with an i7-960 and X58 motherboard.

If you would like to ask me any questions, feel free to do so. How ever I won't be checking these forums very often so it may take time for me to respond.

This prebuilt is just outdated, and bad for the price to performance.

Last edited:
Personally I recommend people that want a new computer to build it themselves.

About this particular computer you have chosen.
No it will not run very many modern games for more than 1 - 2 years on high settings.

1. LGA 1366 CPU's are outdated.
2. The only real reason to have an X58 motherboard, is to have triple channel memory and those extra PCIe lanes. Which you don't need.
3. A 6870 isn't even that good.
4. No SSD for a $1300 Computer? Doing it wrong. An SSD is good for more than just storing your OS.
5. If you want an X* Chipset, Why X58 when you could go X79?
6. Why first gen when you could go second gen?

You should look into getting a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processor with a Z68 motherboard, and something like a 560Ti instead of a 6800 series Radaeon with an i7-960 and X58 motherboard.

If you would like to ask me any questions, feel free to do so. How ever I won't be checking these forums very often so it may take time for me to respond.

This prebuilt is just outdated, and bad for the price to performance.

I totally agree with this guy.

Im running a AMD FX-8120 on a Crosshair V motherboard.
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (4x4gigs)
and a Asus Radeon 6970
I can run most games on high settings.

Full system cost me about $1400 CAD, That includes the case/psu/HD's/blueray burner.. ect ect
Also dual 24inch Benq LED monitors =)

and a Asus Radeon 6970

Full system cost me about $1400 CAD, That includes the case/psu/HD's/blueray burner.. ect ect

I would've rather gone with a higher quality Intel CPU but I guess it's all about preference...

and a Asus Radeon 6970

inb4 i5-2500k > A8-*
inb4 i5-2500k is cheaper too

I would've rather gone with a higher quality Intel CPU but I guess it's all about preference...
I would rather have something that works great for years to come instead of buying something just because I blindly support them.

How about one of you boy's hook me up with a link to a powerful PC in your eyes?

Creating a PC would be a mistake on my part because I have no knowledge of what is needed to run high end games.

Not only am I wanting to play games on High - Ultra I'm also wanting to live broadcast them..

How about one of you boy's hook me up with a link to a powerful PC in your eyes?

Creating a PC would be a mistake on my part because I have no knowledge of what is needed to run high end games.

Not only am I wanting to play games on High - Ultra I'm also wanting to live broadcast them..

It's not a problem at all if you know little about computer hardware, we can help you build yourself a suitable computer that can play games on high settings and broadcast at the same time, do you have a price range in mind?

Buildt a budget PC myself back in 2009, now upgraded added a six core CPU and 120GB 550/520Mbps SSD. :p (today).

gamingcomputer.png

Total cost: Aprox 800$.

Building the box yourself is usually alot cheaper.

Was originally bough in 2009, its still extremely strong, there is yet a game I still cant handle smooth on full graphics. I think it should last at least another 3+ years.

Just remember to take good care of it, format it once in a while, and blow dust away from the cabinetry.

Mine is 1 year old i guess i will buy a new one in 3 years unless i want to fix this up which i think it is more or less cheaper to buy a new one.

I was aiming for 1000$ but i landed on 1200 - 1300 in the end. :p

I just had so much fun clicking a bunch of addons to make a boss gaming computer for you, here you go, just go through; click all these features for that computer and youll be good to go :) You'll be surprised, its pretty cheap for everything it has :D

Product Name: CyberPower Black Pearl
Price: $13701 before all applicable rebates

System Specs:
* Case: * Raidmax Blade Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window [-60] (Black Color)
* Laser Engraving: Tribal A Design [+19]
* Laser Engraving Message: I have boss computer
* Internal USB Extension Module: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]
* Neon Light Upgrade: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light [+10] (Blue Color)
* Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)
* Noise Reduction Technology: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
Power Supply Gasket [+5]
* CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X Extreme Edition Six-Core 3.30 GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified) [+776]
* Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel [+39]
* Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
* Cooling Fan: Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler (Designed for Over-Clocker King)(CLP0575) [+38]
* Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
* Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus P9X79 Deluxe Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI BIOS, BT GO, SSD Caching, 7.1 HD Audio, 1x Intel & 1x Realtek GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16 & 2 PCIe X1 [+213]
* Memory: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR3/1333MHz Quad Channel Memory [+688] (Corsair or Major Brand)
* Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 3GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+473] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
* Freebies: None
* Video Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+629] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
* Video Card 3: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+629] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
* Power Supply Upgrade: * 1,500 Watts - Thermaltake TP-1500M ToughPower Modular Power Supply Model:W0171 [+303]
* Hard Drive: 480 GB Intel 520 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write [+817] (480GB x 4 (960GB Capacity) Raid 0+1 Extreme Performance with Data Security [+2781])
* Data Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+110] (1TB x 4 (2TB Capacity) Raid 0+1 Extreme Performance with Data Security [+330])
* Hard Drive Cooling Fan: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)
* External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): ADATA Superior Series SH93 750GB 2.5inch Portable Waterproof and Shockproof USB2.0 External HDD [+143] (Black Color)
* USB Flash Drive: None
* Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-207BKS 12X Blu-Ray Writer (Black Color) [+99]
* Optical Drive 2: Pioneer BDR-207BKS 12X Blu-Ray Writer (Black Color) [+119]
* Sound: Asus Xonar Xense 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCIe Sound Card w/ Sennheiser Headset [+279]
* 3D Vision Glasses: NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Glasses [Require 3D Ready Display to get 3D] Plus 2 x Additional Pairs of Glasses [+489]
* LCD Monitor: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+248]
* 2nd Monitor: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+248]
* 3rd Monitor: * 23" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus 3D VG236H Gaming LCD w/ NVIDIA 3D Visioin Glasses Bundle [+499]
* Speakers: Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-power 2.1 PC Speaker System [+239]
* Network: Killer™ 2100 - Gigabit Maximum Network Performance Online Gaming Network Interface Card [+89]
* Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard w/ LCD Display [+170]
* Mouse: Razer Naga Epic USB Wired/Wireless Dual Laser 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse [+109]
* Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat [+31]
* Gaming Gear: Logitech Flight System G940 [+319]
* Extra Thermal Display: None
* Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Linksys WMP600N Wireless-N Dual-Band Adapter [+66]
* External Wireless Network Card: Asus USB-N13 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 300Mbps Wireless USB Adapter [+22]
* Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N Router [+176]
* Bluetooth: USB Bluetooth 2.X EDR Dongle with Led Light Thumb Size [+12]
* Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
* Video Camera: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 [+103]
* Headset: Asus Vulcan ANC Active-Noise-Cancelling Pro Gaming Headset [+129]
* Printer: Samsung SCX-4623F Mono Laser MultiFunction Printer [+158]
* Cable: PPA 6FT Blue USB 3.0 Super Speed AM to AM Cable [+10] (1 piece)
* Power Protection: * OPTI-UPS GNL-1500P 1500VA/900W Uninterruptible Power Supply [+209]
* IEEE1394 Card: IEEE 1394 CARD AND DRIVER [+19]
* Internal USB Port: Internal USB 3.0 4-Port Hub [+29]
* USB Port: PPA External Pocket Hub & Multi Card Reader/Writer [+13]
* Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Ultimate [+105] (64-bit Edition)
* Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: AverMedia AVerTV Dual Tuner (ATSC/QAM/NTSC) Combo PCIE Media Center with Remote Control (Watch one channel and record on the other channel) [+129]
* Office Suite: Microsoft® Office® 2010 Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher + Access) [+299]
* Ultra Care Option: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
* Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* Rush Service: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN NEXT BUSINESS DAY [+109]

Its boss, am I right?

I notice you may think, why do you need the extra set of speakers if both your monitors have speakers built in. One word,

tumblr_m1f4xpdm3N1r60kjk.jpg

Last edited:
@up if i had the money.. I would rather spend it on a car.

Haha, or build your own UFO! Well would it be a UFO, if we made it. It'd just be an advanced plane I guess, or whatever we decide to name it. The Red Rocket 3000!

Lmfao, so off topic..

@topic, my computers perfect for you. Protects against aliens.

I just had so much fun clicking a bunch of addons to make a boss gaming computer for you, here you go, just go through; click all these features for that computer and youll be good to go :) You'll be surprised, its pretty cheap for everything it has :D

Product Name: CyberPower Black Pearl
Price: $13701 before all applicable rebates

System Specs:
* Case: * Raidmax

I stopped reading there.

Back