• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

win 7 64 installation cant locate hard drive

IMac

entrepreneur
Reaction score
as the title says when im traying to install win 7 64 it says it cant locate hard drive.. i had win 7 installed before but my pc got fucked up and im traying to reinstall the system to fix it.. i googled it and i found this
I'm having the same problem. My question is, how do you format it without the Windows Install? Can you do ti in BIOS or something?

Help!

Dave
answer
You can use Command Prompt in Repair my Computer.

how can i do this?

EDIT: i found this
Try this:

run diskpart command from a prompt.

Then each of these commands, followed by the enter key after each one.

list disk (to show the ID number of the hard disk to partition, normally Disk 0)

select disk 0 (change 0 to another number if applicable)

clean (this deletes all partitions)

create partition primary size=80000 (creates a partition with 80 GB space; to use the entire disk as one partition, omit the “size=value” parameter switch; use a similar command to create more partitions if needed or create in Windows 7 after installation)

select partition 1

active

format fs=ntfs quick

exit

tried it and i get stuck on create partition primary size=80000
says there is problably no room/space but i try with 500 and different numbers and says the samething

Last edited:
What is exactly the problem, i hade some problem dont remember exactly but i had to change smth in bios with "IDE and AHCI" and it worked

What is exactly the problem, i hade some problem dont remember exactly but i had to change smth in bios with "IDE and AHCI" and it worked

i try to install windows 7 64x and it says it cant find hard drive

bump

Last edited by a moderator:
Try exactly what Renton mentioned.

Enable/Disable AHCI for hard disk in your BIOS setup. It MUST work.

Imac, that's because your sata drivers are not founded. enable AHCI for the hard driver in the BIOS! like Don said above.

Back