• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wrong behaviour when walking into stacked items (like 2 or more parcels)

Terotrificy

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, i'm using Otclient 7.72 (edubart) and i have this problem:

When i autowalk or use keyboard to move into 2 or more parcels or walkeable stacked items, i have a loop trying to prewalking to the item and receiving the message "Sorry, not possible" again and again, instead of just stay in my position and get the message "Sorry, not possible".

I just checked game.cpp and tried a couple of things (adding checks to elevations items before prewalk), without success. I also looked into Kondra's client walkeable.lua, but couldn't think of a way to make it work like this.

Here is the game.cpp that contains the lines i think should be edited to make it work like the tibia client:

Lua:
bool Game::walk(Otc::Direction direction, bool dash)
{
    if(!canPerformGameAction())
        return false;

// must cancel follow before any new walk
    if(isFollowing())
        cancelFollow();

// must cancel auto walking, and wait next try
    if(m_localPlayer->isAutoWalking() || m_localPlayer->isServerWalking()) {
        m_protocolGame->sendStop();
        if(m_localPlayer->isAutoWalking())
            m_localPlayer->stopAutoWalk();
        return false;
    }

if(dash) {
        if(m_localPlayer->isWalking() && m_dashTimer.ticksElapsed() < std::max<int>(m_localPlayer->getStepDuration(false, direction) - m_ping, 30))
            return false;
    }
    else {
        // check we can walk and add new walk event if false
        if(!m_localPlayer->canWalk(direction)) {
            if(m_lastWalkDir != direction) {
                // must add a new walk event
                float ticks = m_localPlayer->getStepTicksLeft();
                if(ticks <= 0) { ticks = 1; }

if(m_walkEvent) {
                    m_walkEvent->cancel();
                    m_walkEvent = nullptr;
                }
                m_walkEvent = g_dispatcher.scheduleEvent([=] { walk(direction, false); }, ticks);
            }
            return false;
        }
    }
    Position toPos = m_localPlayer->getPosition().translatedToDirection(direction);
    TilePtr toTile = g_map.getTile(toPos);
    // only do prewalks to walkable tiles (like grounds and not walls)
        if(toTile && toTile->isWalkable()) { 
        m_localPlayer->preWalk(direction);
    // check walk to another floor (e.g: when above 3 parcels)
    } else {
        // check if can walk to a lower floor
        auto canChangeFloorDown = [&]() -> bool {
            Position pos = toPos;
            if(!pos.down())
                return false;
            TilePtr toTile = g_map.getTile(pos);
            if(toTile && toTile->hasElevation(3))
                return true;
            return false;
        };

// check if can walk to a higher floor
        auto canChangeFloorUp = [&]() -> bool {
            TilePtr fromTile = m_localPlayer->getTile();
            if(!fromTile || !fromTile->hasElevation(3))
                return false;
            Position pos = toPos;
            if(!pos.up())
                return false;
            TilePtr toTile = g_map.getTile(pos);
            if(!toTile || !toTile->isWalkable())
                return false;
            return true;
        };

if(canChangeFloorDown() || canChangeFloorUp() ||
            (!toTile || toTile->isEmpty())) {
            m_localPlayer->lockWalk();
        } else
            return false;
    }

m_localPlayer->stopAutoWalk();

g_lua.callGlobalField("g_game", "onWalk", direction, dash);

forceWalk(direction);
    if(dash)
      m_dashTimer.restart();

m_lastWalkDir = direction;
    return true;
}

I tried editing this line:

Code:
 if(toTile && toTile->isWalkable()) {

into this:

Code:
if(toTile && toTile->isWalkable() && !(toTile->hasElevation(2))) {

Although you don't prewalk into it, you can't walk into stacked parcels that have more than 1 parcel, so i can't figure out a way to fix it.

Help please

Last edited:
Solution
it works, now i don't have bugs when going downstairs, but this way i can't go from 4 chairs to 6 chairs i.e, although i was able with my buggy way haha
If you want to be able to walk on any stack from 4 chairs, you can change:
Code:
if(fromTile && (toTile->getElevation() - fromTile->getElevation() <= 1)) {
to
Code:
if(fromTile && ((toTile->getElevation() - fromTile->getElevation() <= 1) || (fromTile->getElevation() > 3))) {
but you should check if it's allowed on the server's side too.
Looks like the latest commit in that repo is from 2016, probably better to use newest OTC sources instead and add code from the repo you're currently using when needed, or I guess you could copy code from OTC to your own repo when needed, just a tip.

Also the looping issue you're talking about in the beginning is or can be a separate issue, one of hundreds of bugs that hasn't been fixed even in the latest Edubart client, I had to rewrite a lot of stuff to get a smooth autowalking system myself.
A tip on how to improve autowalking is to figure out how to get all of these 3 things working within the same system (auto walk interruption by user, no infinite walk loop, and being able to traverse dense areas of moving creatures without interruption).
(Any fps loss here is caused by logging still being enabled since I don't consider autowalking in my own client fully finished yet)
I remember i managed to fix all those issues but recently i moved to Mehah's Otclient, so i'm gonna have to test those behaviors again. I have to check the .diff from edubart repo and my last edubart repo client and match them against Mehah's client. If I find anything new i'm gonna post it on this thread.

Looks like the latest commit in that repo is from 2016, probably better to use newest OTC sources instead and add code from the repo you're currently using when needed, or I guess you could copy code from OTC to your own repo when needed, just a tip.

Also the looping issue you're talking about in the beginning is or can be a separate issue, one of hundreds of bugs that hasn't been fixed even in the latest Edubart client, I had to rewrite a lot of stuff to get a smooth autowalking system myself.
A tip on how to improve autowalking is to figure out how to get all of these 3 things working within the same system (auto walk interruption by user, no infinite walk loop, and being able to traverse dense areas of moving creatures without interruption).
(Any fps loss here is caused by logging still being enabled since I don't consider autowalking in my own client fully finished yet)
won't be public? looks neat

Back