You are my last hope.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by J.Dre, Jun 10, 2017.

1. e.e

e.e Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know this (the OTLand) community very well at all (only know a few people), so I honestly don't know anything about you.
    But I got the impression that maybe you're the kind of 'always nice' person that rather blame yourself than others, etc.
    And so I'd like to go out on a limb here and say that IF you are that kind of person that don't let yourself getting angry at others and you're going through depression now, that my honest advice is for you to actually let yourself get angry at this guy, and maybe others who have done you wrong in the past, and let that motivate you.
    Anger is dangerous when unmanaged and destructive when abused, but healthy and necessary in balanced levels (and 0 is not a balanced level), and a powerful motivating agent.
    When you're at the bottom and getting stomped by mother****ers, get angry to avoid unnecessary depression. That's my advice anyway. Had to share just in case it might be helpful. Sorry if it's not.

I'll consider donating some change later on today when I'm on my personal computer (haven't completely made up my mind yet on what my policy is on donating money to strangers on the internet :p)

Either way I wish you the very best and stay strong!

J.Dre likes this.
  2. J.Dre

J.Dre ClapSoft®

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the words of support, E. It's much appreciated.

My car situation is making progress but it's still in the shop. The estimate for repair costs just finished.

My overall situation has actually become worse. The individual who essentially destroyed my life is reporting more lies. The police are now involved. Why? Perhaps anger or spite. No idea. Maybe they're crazy. Anyway, I won't go into detail, but I've been forced to consult with a lawyer... And I'll be meeting with him soon.

I'm trying to hold things together.

mdwilliams likes this.
  3. Three Magic

Three Magic u aint shit

Best Answers:
    Almost a month for a quotation for repairs on a car? That's a hella long time dude, anytime I've put my car in, they get back to me the same day with an estimated cost. Possibly the day after if it's busy. They must not value you as a customer if it's taken this long. I'd suggest taking it somewhere else if you can.

Possibly upload a picture of your car so we can see the damages?

Anyway, I wish you good luck for the future. Majority of people have shitty luck, some people come out of it, others don't. I hope you overcome it and put it all behind you.

4. LordVissie

LordVissie ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Best Answers:
    I saw this thread a little late, but hope everything is going a bit better. Only have 5 euro's left on my Paypal,

Hope you can buy a nice meal from it.

5. J.Dre

J.Dre ClapSoft®

Best Answers:
    Thank you. It will either get me some food or I'll use it for a ride to work. Either way, thank you again!

@Three Magic, That's why I want to go home as soon as I'm able. I hate this city and area. It's so crowded and nearly every person I encounter is selfish and careless. I've already moved it from two shops. I'm not spending anymore on tow trucks... It's a waste of money. I put a used tire on it and also the spare tire from the trunk (boot). It should be driveable. Will it be safe? Probably not. At this point, I'm just sick and tired of waiting.

6. Three Magic

Three Magic u aint shit

Best Answers:
    So what was wrong with the car exactly?
    I saw earlier in the thread you crashed it - surely that'd be a write off?
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to purchase a new car rather than fix such damages to your existing one?

I didn't think you could go home, due to circumstances you haven't explained (which is fine).

7. Damon

Damon Retired | Check my status to contact me :)

Best Answers:
    Hopefully everything will be getting better :) Never give up mate!
    Sometimes I feel really lucky to live in Germany with the state backing the lower/poor class people. They get around ~400€/mo + a small flat to live in paid by the state. Not the wealth itself but obviously better than living on the streets. Abuse of this system however always makes me fear it will at some point be abolished. Some people who have not the qualifications to do a higher paid job than 450€/mo decide to just be lazy and not work at all even though they could and would have a place to work. Just because getting both a flat and money from state is easier. Thats the downside..

J.Dre and victoriarish like this.
  8. victoriarish

victoriarish New Member

Best Answers:
    That system sounds great! It is truly a shame that a minority would refuse to work to enable the system to continue functioning. But quick question...if you work and pay taxes, is the amount you get better than 450€ a month? Maybe this could be reason why they are de-motivated to work? I am not encouraging this at all...just interested in knowing how the German system works?

Damon likes this.
  9. OpenTibiaServer

OpenTibiaServer Such name, very wow

Best Answers:
    We have similar in Sweden, but we get maybe 350 Euro,
    But if you work fulltime, you can get 1,500-2,500 Euro.. so it's not like profit just living on benefits, sure you can survive by it but you can't do anything beside just sit at home.
    If you like to party.. then b yebye to that.. you like buying games? byebye.. like anything that cost money.. byebye.. even good food is byebye as you'll not be able to afford anything good either.
    If you like eat 1 pizza a day, 210 Euro monthly.. (only dinner), that leaves you with like 140 Euro left to buy toothbrush and toothpaste, maybe some sandwitches so you can have breakfast at least :p

10. J.Dre

J.Dre ClapSoft®

Best Answers:
    Appreciate the support, mate. Thank you. Things are not going too well, though. But I'm still trying, so that's something.

Damon likes this.
  11. Eduardo170

Eduardo170 Member

Best Answers:
    I imagine how you feel, I can not help you, because I am almost in the same situation here in Venezuela, I have spent almost a day without eating and the thing is too strong, I wish you good luck.

12. Damon

Damon Retired | Check my status to contact me :)

Best Answers:
    Indeed.. Well see here is the problem. Due to tax the difference in earning a low paid job (up to 600-700) that is being taxed and getting the states money is marginal. Thus some people are just gonna be lazy + with the 700€ get prolly ~500€ (due to social taxes, insurance etc you pay) out and have not paid for a flat yet. One can see how appealing not to work is now. Ofc sometimes you neednt pay taxes with a 450€ job like me as a student or if you earn 450€ only and not more I think you don't pay taxes either. But you still pay health insurance and others + your flat so you cant live of that..

13. e.e

e.e Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Damon
    But nobody in Germany will earn €600 for a full-time job though, so you must be talking about part-time or reduced jobs.
    Apparently the minimum wage in Germany according to Wikipedia is €8.84, so using that figure a full time absolute minimum wage-job there would yield €8.84x8x5x4 = €1414/month without any overtime, and I'm sure most jobs are paid above the minimum wage.
    But yes, it's then still a valid concern in regards to part-time/reduced jobs, but on a political/economical note: both the global and local (e.g. Germany's) economic problems is overwhelmingly systemic in nature and things like laziness is actually a very minor problem relative to the systemic ones, which is something that's crucial to understand and keep in mind.
    In short the global economy, or at least most of it, works under the Ponzi scheme-principle of fractional reserve banking, and other problems like massive economic inequality, economic/production inefficiency, excessive competition, cheating, laziness, etc all trickle down as symptoms of this scheme.
    Here's a few introductory sources:

Fractional-reserve banking - Wikipedia

But if anyone's interested in continuing this or similar conversations about money, welfare, politics, whatever, may I suggest that we take it somewhere else since it's very much off-topic here.
    I'd suggest to this thread About Anti-Trump people turning violent as the OP of that thread allowed the topic to move away from the topic of Trump and stay on the subject of politics and economics from like post #5 onwards.

@J.Dre
    Car still at the mechanic?
    Btw, ever considered monetizing tibiabr?
    Maybe not the best timing to talk about that, idk, I just thought of it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    victoriarish likes this.
  14. victoriarish

victoriarish New Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry if i offended anyone. I am not really a person who likes to argue about politics myself...i try to keep away from any controversial topics as much as possible!. Once again, i was just asking out of interest. I am sorry if i crossed anyone's path.