• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

You use TFS? See this topic.

SlashX

Reaction score
Greetings users and Admins of OTland.

Through this topic I want to make a recomendation for all servers that use TheForgottenServer Distro. I'd like to propose a change in the working system.

Today TheForgottenServer is the most important Distro of OpenTibia world, almost 50% of all players online on all OT servers are having fun on it. On this moment at otservlist.org:

There are 31540 players online on 1423 servers

Distribution | Servers | Players
The Forgotten Server 0.2 | 1593 | 14719

There are servers with 100 players online. They have a donation system with ItemShop things and all this stuff, they use a free Distro developed by people that don't get 1 single dolar. In my point of view it's WRONG. And this can make that developers quit from the projects. The developers have to pay:

-Server to host the Repository and Forum
-Time to create that (very important)

Well, I am a administrator of an Brazilian server, that uses TheForgottenServer, my server is Darghos Server, one of the biggest online. And I will, from today donate to TFS monthly of a porcentage of my received donations on Darghos to the TFS project. Darghos don't want just to "help" them with some money, we wan't to sponsor the distro that I use.

I'm donating right now to them. If you use the Distro I hope that you do the same.

If you want to talk with me, my email is [email protected]

Darghos hope TFS a nice work!

Sorry for a bad english.

Leandro,
UltraxSoft Team

[Portugues / Portuguese]

Olá usuarios e administradores da OTLand.

Eu venho por meio deste topico fazer uma critica construtiva a todos administradores de servidores que usam a Distro TheForgottenServer, e tentar propror uma mudança no sistema
como tudo atualmente funciona.

Hoje em dia, o TheForgottenServer é a distro mais importante no mundo do OpenTibia, aonde quase 50% de todos jogadores online em todos servidores estão se divertindo sob esta distro.
Veja abaixo isto em numero no presente momento segundo o OTServList:

There are 31540 players online on 1423 servers

Distribution | Servers | Players
The Forgotten Server 0.2 | 1593 | 14719

Porem o TheForgottenServer não é somente a distro mais jogada como podemos ver, é tambem a distro mais ultilizada nos servidores mais sérios, aonde um servidor com aproximadamente 100 jogadores online,
possuindo um sistema de doações alem de ItemShops e coisas do genero. Tudo isto usando uma estrutura gratuita, aonde os desenvolvedores trabalham diariamente sem receber 1$. No meu ponto de vista temos ai um exemplo claro de erro de destribuição de renda, e isto a longo
prazo pode por exemplo levar os Developers a desistirem do projeto por motivos financeiros por exemplo, já que eles tem custo para desenvolver a distro, como:

- Servidor para hospedagem do Repositorio e Forum;
- Tempo gasto para desenvolver isto (muito importante);

Bom, eu sou um administrador de um servidor do Brasil, que tambem ultiliza o TheForgottenServer como base, tratase do Darghos, atualmente um dos maiores servidores do mundo, e estarei a partir de hoje
efetuando contribuições mensais de uma porcentagem de meu faturamento para o projeto TFS com o fim de não só ajudar mas sim patriocinar a distro que eu ultilizo.

Neste momento estou efetuando uma doacao, e eu ficaria feliz que se você usa a distro doaçe tambem.

Caso alguem queira entrar em contato comigo, meu e-mail é [email protected].

A equipe TFS desejo um bom trabalho!

Leandro,
Equipe UltraxSoft.

Very nice from you.

I donated too. Of course, I have to accept that it's not 100% the same purpose but, I wanted to help the forum, I think that means to help TFS too.

Good luck with your OT, and I hope you get enough donations to help the biggest project... The Forgotten Server.

Not forgotten at all.. xD

Edit:

As ZoOoro's said, he's waiting until he finish his OT...

Me too, and then I will be able to pay my debts and then help TFS team :)!

Last edited:
I agree 200% for this always i'm make donations for never Tfs has a end.. but much peoples don't mind this

I agree, and believe that all who use the version of a more 'Proficional' always are contributing to the TFS Team. And not just financially. A beautiful attitude of Darghos, each doing its part to keep the project running long term.

PowerOT - Joy in small things!

PT-BR
Concordo, e acredito que todos que utilizam a versão de uma maneira mais 'Proficional' sempre esta contribuindo com o TFS Team. E não so financeiramente. Uma bela atitude do Darghos, cada um fazendo sua parte mantemos o projeto funcionando a longo prazo.

PowerOT - Alegria nas pequenas coisas!

Man after i read your post you grow up in my eyes big respect too you!
I will also donate to TFS team when i fix my OT and starts to earn some money! :)

I will do the same soon.
Yours biser.

Last edited by a moderator:
donating is a option anyone can take but making a server with a distro isnt really a priveledge its a distro anyone cna get and sure im sure tala would like ppl to donate and all i would donate if i had the money as empty has messed around with me saying when im gunna donate but yea back to the point im sure if i had a really good server id donate to the server as u did but it isnt liek i HAd to

I would like to note that all donations at OTLand go to Talaturen- other developers, as you said: don't get 1 single dolar.
I've already met with situation, when guy tells me he wants me to support him, since he donated to TFS- wrong: You've donated to OTLand, not TFS.

At least I can sell premium time at my server, so its nvm for me.

AGREE
I'm developing an OTServer, maps and scripts now. A GREAT and BIG team is working on XenusOnline Project (ot which I said) and we will use TFS and PAY a percentage of our donations to Developers of TFS. Our donations will be used to pay dedicated and web, and Developers of TFS.

Thanks

AGREE
I'm developing an OTServer, maps and scripts now. A GREAT and BIG team is working on XenusOnline Project (ot which I said) and we will use TFS and PAY a percentage of our donations to Developers of TFS. Our donations will be used to pay dedicated and web, and Developers of TFS.

Thanks

Remember: the donation goes to otland, not the TFS developers.

for sure, when my server will go online, I will be a donator 100% ;>

I Agree too.

I will donate with my open tibia too.
Long life and congratulations for all developers.

We can post our modifications to help the collaboration of
project too. If you developer a single system, why you don't
release this for community?

Back