• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

You want to start a brand new Project? check this out [HOT]

Blazed Druid

Banned User
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen plenty of projects running down the pit ( 3 of them were my projects) and found the reason why I gave up everything on 70% of development stance.

The problem is : You cant IMAGINE how much work it is to get a custom server working. A server people would actually join and not just play 2 days and kick it away. You know what i mean..(aka necronia <3 still waiting :3 ) what happened to me is : I found a team with people i barely knew and ended up with them loosing interest 2 times and left alone in a project not finding anyone trying to join me to finish it (1 time I had to leave the developing of Chasm ot due to personal reasons)
So..

What is your first step on the way to a good running ot ? You Look for a team. You look for people who MAYBE have a Similar ot like yours in developing. Maybe its not 100% of what you wanted to go for but maybe you will enjoy it anyways and be good with it as your project? :)

The second step? Dont stress yourself. Take your time. Dont rush on ANYTHING. you want to add a new map area and got 15 minutes ? screw that. do what you have to do, come back with more time and enjoy the developing and dont ever make yourself feel like you really have to finish something because its your job? Its Your hobby. If you dont enjoy it , leave it behind.

The third step? involve the comunity in with ideas. If you are sitting in your room and have an amazing idea, ask friends about it, maybe they will feature it or tell you that its crap? maybe you save work or get a nice feature into a nice server lately? Who knows? asking doesnt cost anything.!

4.th and last step.: Dont lose faith into this community, theres always interest. people will always give feedback. you will never end up with working for nothing :)

King regards : Blazed druid ! :)

Handnote: Hope I helped some of you out :)

It's a good idea, in base of this it can be rethinked the Job section, i'm not kidding, i think it would be cool if there was some kind of "Postulant Page" with some questionary than ask things related to it, for example experience, or what languages programing you manage so if u have a server and are looking for people for something you can use a search browser to check an inside database with all the people who have that or that group of characteristics and are avaible to work.

with a + / - (Recommended) sistem for other proyect members, so you can see him's history someway and see how they behave, which encourage good teamwork members join with another ones also really intrested in raise up a proyect.

That way you can find people easier, don't you think?

Also, an irc/teamspeak or something to comunicate between people for every different proyect, (personaly think is easier find something closer to 2).

Something like that can reboost the comunity.

Back