• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Zbizu RME static_cast error (MSVC 2022)

Cloow

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to compile OTAcademy version of RME following these steps Compiling on Windows.
But I'm getting these errors, anyone has clues?
I can compile hampusborgos/rme just fine, but not zbizu's fork

Screenshot 2023-01-06 150530.png

C++:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C2243    'static_cast': conversion from 'void (__cdecl DatDebugView::* )(E &)' to 'void (__cdecl wxEvtHandler::* )(E &)' exists, but is inaccessible    RME    D:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\include\wx\event.h    157

C++:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error    C2243    'static_cast': conversion from 'void (__cdecl MainMenuBar::* )(E &)' to 'void (__cdecl wxEvtHandler::* )(E &)' exists, but is inaccessible    RME    D:\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\include\wx\event.h    157

Line 157
Screenshot 2023-01-06 150530.png

Im using Visual Studio 2022

Last edited:
add the "public" to your "DatDebugView : public wxpanel" in "source/dat_debug_view.h" and also the "MainMenuBar : public wxEvtHandler".

the error tells you the problem. its exist but is inaccessible due to protection, it defaults to private. you need to grant the rest of the program access to use it.
image.png

Thank you, kind sir.
Edward also wrote to me on discord and explained this, and also that this issue has been fixed in the newer sources on the github page apparently.

I will try to compile it again with a new fresh download from the github page later :)

Back