• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Zombie survival game.

Korrex

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I'm looking for a game like that.
Like first-person, survival, finding survivors etc.
Not DayZ, i've seen gameplay and it's not really appealing.
Kinda like L4D but more "realistic" if you may.

Thanks!

I tried it.
I actually liked it. But the thing is, you don't get to like, kill zombies often, and you don't need to find supplies yourself but rather the story is put up so you get food all the time.
Thanks though! =)

Never actually gave it a try. Will try, thanks!
> Never actually gave it a try

Dead Frontier sucks, try.

Project Zomboid
Minecraft - With mods, there's a mod that makes it more into a Zombie survival.
& DayZ, seriously don't watch Movies of this game, the movies appeal to some people, but not everyone they're boring to watch (Extremely so) playing it is way better.

Dead Frontier sucks, try.

Project Zomboid
Minecraft - With mods, there's a mod that makes it more into a Zombie survival.
& DayZ, seriously don't watch Movies of this game, the movies appeal to some people, but not everyone they're boring to watch (Extremely so) playing it is way better.

Have you seen Destiny's videos of DayZ? Those are the only gameplay videos that make the game a little bit appealing but not to the point where i'm willing to spend $20 on it.
I'm a cheap bastard, I know :x

same if it was free i would deffo play it. :/ And deadfrontier sucks because it is mainly free.

Nothing good is free and anything free isn't good.

Have you seen Destiny's videos of DayZ? Those are the only gameplay videos that make the game a little bit appealing but not to the point where i'm willing to spend $20 on it.
I'm a cheap bastard, I know :x

Actually you can download the Demo, then just buy the Arrowhead expansion for like 10$ or something, there is actually a deal going on steam at the moment, not sure if it's finished yet.

Haven't seen his videos, but i've seen alot of videos of DayZ and none do it any justice at all.

I wont lie, me & the group i play with call it the walking simulator lmao, which is for the most part true, but it's part of the beauti of the game, you'll see if you play it.
Walking around, from town to town, gives it that ultimate "Survival" feel & when you actually finally meet someone else be it "friendlys" or "bandits" it's amazing, because you travel all this way seeing no one, getting this "Alone in the world" feeling, then you see someone and it's like "OMG LIFE!"

That'll all happen & be great for about a week, depending on who you play with that feeling will end & it'll turn into a free for all deathmatch, i don't recommend playing with these types of people, who want to sit at good loot spawns collecting the best gear just to then kill other players, because it really does kill the game.

amnesia the dark descent?

Not a zombie survival, what are you smoking?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, didn't try it.

It's not recommended though.

No, not recommended by the devs, but really when did that ever matter?

I put it this way, if you're getting the game for DayZ, then do the Free Version way, if you're actually going to play Arma 2, just buy the full game.

To me personally, the game is not called Arma 2, it's called DayZ because i have never played it ever for Arma 2.

Not a zombie survival, what are you smoking?

- - - Updated - - -

No, not recommended by the devs, but really when did that ever matter?

I put it this way, if you're getting the game for DayZ, then do the Free Version way, if you're actually going to play Arma 2, just buy the full game.

To me personally, the game is not called Arma 2, it's called DayZ because i have never played it ever for Arma 2.

What if a future update requires Arma 2(Not free)?

What if a future update requires Arma 2(Not free)?

Wouldn't be possible, the only major thing missing from the Free Version is the updated highrez textures, that's what makes it work with Dayz, because the main things that DayZ uses is from the Arrowhead expansion.

Edit:
Too put it another way, have you ever bought an expansion pack for a game, that is actually a standalone version? Doesn't require the actual game to play, that's because that expansion is running a basic version of the game, with the expansion added to it.

That's what it does, you basically put the Arrowhead Exp, ontop of the freeversion, with the DayZ mod, it makes it a standalone game, they basically use nothing from the original, just the textures & whatever other basic features it comes with, all the major things are added with the Mod/Expansion.

Last edited:
Back