• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best version/REV for an ATS?

Wilson Kaupert

Reaction score
Hey,

I was searching the web about stable versions for an ATS (e.g. pokemon, digimon, naruto and so many others that we see around) and found different version indications, so I'd like to ask more experienced people for some tips to choose one.

Most of ATS seems to be using version 8.54 or 8.60 revs (0.3x, if I'm not mistaken), is there any specific reason for this? I read people saying that changing sprites in newer versions (8.60+) was harder, hence the choice. Is this still true nowadays with 1.0 and 1.1 revs around? With object builder and OTClient around aren't the newer revs a solid choice?

Also, what is the real difference in my case (for an ATS) between the 1.0 and 1.1 revs? I read indications to use both 1.0 or 1.1 revs for 10.41 protocol. Is there any specific reason for it to be 10.41?

With that said, could you please tell me the most stable and, if I can say so, "changeable/adaptable" (good to be used on project a that requires dat/spr changing) specific revisions?

Thank you and sorry about doing so many questions.

Last edited:
Whats ATS? If you mean server then TFS 1.0/1.1 are the most stable revs out there.

Thanks for replying so fast dominique. By ATS I mean "alternative", i.e. servers that uses new/changed spr/dat. My fear of chosing 1.0 so fast is that most pokemon servers uses 8.x versions, and I was wondering what was the reason and benefits behind that.

Protocol does not really matter for pokemon servers because most of the features have been extensively edited. The gains of using the 1.x series servers is that they are largely supported and are very stable and fast.

dominique120 is correct, if you're gonna use a custom client, then a specific protocol use doesn't matter.

1.0 is an official release, meaning it is stable with next to zero bugs. 1.1 is just a continuation of 1.0 (with new features and stuff), but it is still under development. An official and stable release for 1.1 will come out when it is done. The only reason they are 10.41 is because the official OTB has yet to be updated. It is expected that the newest OTB (probably version 10.70) will be released no later than the official release of TFS 1.1.

At the moment? 1.0 is the most stable TFS version of them all. Then 1.1, then 0.2, then 0.3 and finally 0.4.
So for an ATS, you want stability more than anything, so TFS 1.0, then you can update it to 1.1 when it finishes.
The only reason 0.3/0.4 is still around is because it's easily available for 8.6. If it weren't for the obsession of 8.6 (sadly), then 0.3 and 0.4 would be LOOOOOONG GONE.

Thank you so much for helping Evan, you clarified it a lot for me. I'll start to read about 1.0 immediately.

On a side note, I didn't find an otitemeditor for 10.41 (latest protocol supported by 1.0 if I understood you correctly), do you know if there is one available? Although I found an object builder for this protocol (still need to test it) I think an otitemeditor might be needed sometime in the future when I start adding new sprites/changeing item properties.

Back