• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GlobalEvent Talking Signs for 8.54 ++ to 9.81 :D

Sir Islam

Never Give Up
Solutions
Reaction score
here we go :D

DfzdHLs.png

open globalevents.xml
and put this line

Code:
 <globalevent name="talkingSigns" interval="3000" event="script" value="talkingSigns.lua"/>

than goto data\globalevents\scripts and make file name talkingSigns.lua

and put this script there

Code:
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)
local name_of_monster = 'demon'   ---  here put monster name or any npc name
local texts =
{

-- text              pos                effects            
  ["test"] = {{x=2000, y=2000, z=7},CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA, 23},
  ["test "] = {{x=275, y= 2015, z=8},CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA, 23},
  ["test  "] = {{x=1997, y=1990, z=15},CONST_ME_FIREWORK_YELLOW, 23}

}

for text, param in pairs(texts) do
   doSendAnimatedText(param[1], text, param[3])    -- for 8.54 +
    doSendMagicEffect(param[1], param[2])
    doCreatureSay(getCreatureByName(name_of_monster),text,TALKTYPE_ORANGE_1, false, 0,param[1]) -- for 9.1+
end
return TRUE
end

for this line
name_of_monster = 'demon' --- here put monster name or npc name

in this line you will put monster name for this script work in 9.1 + make sure this monster never die or found so make monster like Training because if all monster you put in script , die will make problem in server coz no thing to say

here some effects

--CONST_ME_FIREWORK_YELLOW
--CONST_ME_FIREWORK_RED
--CONST_ME_YELLOW_RINGS
--CONST_ME_ENERGYAREA
--CONST_ME_CRAPS
--CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE
--CONST_ME_WATERSPLASH
--CONST_ME_FIREWORK_BLUE

if you wanna this script work just remove thie line of for 8.54 or for 9.1 just see what you wanna to use

and if you wanna make like two text like depot and depot just put spase after any test of depot for this work like i do in this script

sorry for my English

By me: Talking Signs for 8.54 ++ to 9.81

Last edited:
This might solve my problem! Will take a look as fast as I get home. :)
Good work!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

This isn't exactly "signs"... It searches for a monster , and there must only be one in the whole server due to usage of
Lua:
getCreatureByName()
, then attempts to make it say your text using
Lua:
doCreatureSay()
... Then, it sends an effect in its position. This will work as monsters, but what if you want to make the text over the teleports??? (note : I have already written such a script , but I will not release it, not even for money, due to the time it took me to script it)

Tested it and tryed random monsters like demon and bug, didn't work. Couldn't find the monster, and they do exist on the map.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

try put any name npc if u got problem put ur edit of this script here or change this getCreatureByName to getCreatureName

Last edited:
It works perfectly.. its just that.. the text you are allowed to have is very small.

I want the portal to say "Donation Room!" but the max amount of letters is apparently 10.

Anyway to change the amount of letters you can have in the text section?

Doesn't work for me. Mystic Spirit 9.6, 0.2.
I tried both of your threads, and I changed both of them up alot to attempt their repair.
Nothing is working, and it is showing DoSendAnimatedText as a depricated function.
Docreaturesay is not working either.
I am only attempting to make signs have text floating above them every few seconds.

If you are having a problem. I got a similar script like forever ago. max 10 letters? make another one beside it problem solved.

What does TFS 0.2 use instead of doPlayerSay... I tried doCreatureSay and it still dont work

Back