• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua 1.0 onDeath Corpse is always empty

Karain

Jack of all trades
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello fellow Scripters of OTLand, i was working on a new "proof of concept" code that will search the corpse of a monster for loot and print them out, the code works fine (as far as i have debugged it), it's just that the corpse is always "empty" in the code, even if the monster actually dropped some loot in the game, whether it's in bags or items.

So i came here to in hope to see if anyone encountered this before, i have searched this on OTLand before and it seemed to be working for everyone just fine (although they are not using TFS 1.0)

Here's my piece of code.

Code:
function onDeath(cid, corpse, killer, mostDamage, unjustified, mostDamage_unjustified)
    local player = Player(killer)
    local body = Container(corpse)
    if isMonster(cid) and isPlayer(killer) then
        if body:isContainer() then
player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT,body:getName())
            local itemcount = body:getSize()
player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT,"size: "..body:getSize().." - capacity: "..body:getCapacity().. " - empty: "..body:getEmptySlots().." - item holding: "..body:getItemHoldingCount())
            if itemcount > 0 then
                for i=1,itemcount do
                    local item = body:getItem(i)
                        local itemname = itemtype:getName()
                        player:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT, "item name: "..itemname)
                end
            end
        end
    end
return true
end

when killing any monster (for example orc), i get this feedback:

Code:
22:33 size: 0 - capacity: 10 - empty: 10 - item holding: 0
22:33 Loot of a orc: 3 gold coins, a studded shield

i have a separate test code to see the size, capacity, empty and item holding of the container infront of me, when i run it on the same corpse it brings me this:

Code:
22:33 size: 2 - capacity: 8 - empty: 8 - item holding: 2

i don't want to create a whole loot system just to make this work XD

EDIT: if there is no way to fix it, there might be a way to do the same script but with onUse?

Thanks in advance.

Back