• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

255+ Effects

Santy

Reaction score
I've already edited the sources, but it seems you can't have more than 255 effects, and I've seen tons of claims of the impossibility of this without making an assembled personal client, although there are several servers i.e dbz, pkmn that use more than 255 effects.

Any advice/tips/knowledge?

tibia has 75 effects, so you have about 177 free spots, assuming you dont want many of the tibia effects, keeping only say the blood and the teleport effect, it leaves you with 253 effects
what are you doing that requires so many effects?

also, those servers you said didnt used more then 255 effects, I doubt they even reached the 200 mark lol

yes, 256(0..255) is the number of possible combinations using 8 bits(1 byte), which is what they use to index the effects

and actually answering ur question, to have more then 256 effects, you must change the client and the server sources so that it uses more bytes to index them

What clients currently index effects with 16^ bytes? And if none, I've already changed the server sources to do so, but I'm not sure as to where it'd be in the client, exactly. Mind giving me some instruction? And yes, I am using more than 255 effects, so are those servers I mentioned.

Back