• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.72] OTHire 0.0.1b - Based in OTServ Trunk (Latest)

@Ezzz - How would I go about getting the message "New record: 1 players are logged in."

create file ..data/creaturescripts/scripts/record.lua
Code:
function onLogin(cid)
    local PlayersStorage = 14301
    local i = 1

for _, pid in ipairs(getPlayersOnlineList()) do
        i = i + 1
    end
    local current = i - 1

if getGlobalStorageValue(PlayersStorage) == nil then
        setGlobalStorageValue(PlayersStorage, 0)
    end   

oldRecord = getGlobalStorageValue(PlayersStorage)

if current > oldRecord then
        addEvent(doBroadcastMessage, 150, "New record: " .. current .. " players are logged in.", MESSAGE_STATUS_DEFAULT)
        setGlobalStorageValue(PlayersStorage, current)
    end

return true
end

Add to .../data/creaturescripts/creaturescripts.xml this line:
Code:
    <event name="PlayerRecord" type="login" script="record.lua"/>

check if your broadcast function in .../data/functions.lua looks like that
Code:
function doBroadcastMessage(message, class)
    local messageClass = class or MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING
    for i, cid in ipairs(getPlayersOnlineList()) do
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, messageClass, message)
    end
    return true
end

@Peonso, Are ya sure? I did what you said to do and it still doesn't work :\
check if your broadcast function in .../data/functions.lua looks like that
Code:
function doBroadcastMessage(message, class)
    local messageClass = class or MESSAGE_STATUS_WARNING
    for i, cid in ipairs(getPlayersOnlineList()) do
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, messageClass, message)
    end
    return true
end

@Peonso, Hello again; my teleport aren't working on my server. I set the coordination in the map editor but it doesn't teleport me anywhere. It just let's me stand on top of it. I checked items.xml and it says type="teleport", so I have no idea what's going on.

Thanks to you or anyone who can help me out.

@Peonso
I think you're testing OTHire a lot. So can you post, what's wrong with this engine? I mean bugs that only be fixed via sources.

Regards~

@Peonso, Hello again; my teleport aren't working on my server. I set the coordination in the map editor but it doesn't teleport me anywhere. It just let's me stand on top of it. I checked items.xml and it says type="teleport", so I have no idea what's going on.

Thanks to you or anyone who can help me out.

https://github.com/TwistedScorpio/OTHire/wiki/How-to-use-RME-for-this-OTServer

@Peonso
I think you're testing OTHire a lot. So can you post, what's wrong with this engine? I mean bugs that only be fixed via sources.

Regards~

I don't know any bugs, still not tested files Ezzz posted a page ago. I run into some issues, like this record one, because I'm converting ZnoteAAC to work with it.

You dont have to , I converted gesior latest to work with otserv and this is otserv so :
http://otland.net/threads/gesior-2012-version-1-0-2-for-otserv-0-6-3-and-older.186242/

I tried it, couldn't run the full install, character samples page failed and I gave up. Now my Znote is already done ;> made last changes to house yesterday, here.

@Peonso - This is what I already use..

It's working here, you sure followed all the steps? Downloaded the new files, pasted then at right place and changed the options at RME?

@Peonso - Forgive me, somehow I was looking at the wrong map - and my portal cords got wiped. ;\ Oh well atleast it's working. Thank you and sorry for the trouble!

By the way if anyone has worked on the talkactions for Party Share or found a Task NPC that works please post your links and share with us!

Back