• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Already set up a 10.98 server, need help with 12.87

traussio

Reaction score
Hello, please bear in mind I don't know much about anything, explaining like i'm 5 might help.
I've been setting up a private 10.98 server to play with my brother, using tfs 1.4.2, orts2 , xampp and gesior, and have it working without problems, but functionality in 1098 client isn't great, would love to have wasd and better hotkeys .

Thinking of upgrading to a 12.87 server but don't really know where to start.

I saw this 12.87 guideand it seems promising but i'm not quite sure what the difference is between this and what i'm using and can't figure out how to download from appveyor, maybe compiling tfs myself would help?

So, some questions.
What decides the server version? (10.96, 12.87, 7.6 etc.)
is it tfs? the datapack? something else?

If I were to setup a 12.87 server, do I need the exact 12.87 client (along ip changer) or do other 12.x clients work.

Would love any information, as i'm really just poking around the dark here and learning as I go.

In case anyone sees this, I decided to stick to 10.98 using otclientv8, but there was a bug where black squares would appear and characters would bug out, I solved it by changing the tibia spr and dat files on the otclientv8 folder with ones I got from the client in otservlist, I guess the 10.98 extended files don't work too well on some clients.
Server is working great :D

Back