• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Android OS for Tablets

walkingdragon

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here had knowledge on whether there is allocated memory on tablets/smartphones for the android OS or if it is installed in the Flash Card they tend to come with (the preinstalled memory)? I know for a fact that the Apps and whatnot are installed onto the flash drive they come with but is the OS on it's own little seperate thing of memory or inside the flash drive too?

the OS itself is installed in the phone, not on the memory card that you use it with, you can even operate it without a memory card if you want

afaik, phones/tablets come with a flash memory and you can then use a memory card to store your own stuff like musics and pics and whatnot

the OS and all installed programs go on that flash memory

So you're saying that if I opened a tablet and the flash card in the SD slot that comes with it has the OS loaded onto that and not a seperate pre-allocated memory built into the chip?

ignore what I said above
------------------------------
phones(and tablets I suppose) have 3 kinds of memory
>Internal Memory, where the OS and Apps go
>Flash Memory, kinda like an internal storage
>Memory Card, which is a card that you can plug it in whenever you want or not use it at all

looking at say Samsung Galaxy S III
it has 1 Gb Internal Memory, 16/32/64 Gb Flash Memory and can use a microSD card up to 64Gb

So the OS and the Apps go into the memory storage that is removable (if wanted to remove)? Or does the OS go into the Flash Memory (which I'm guessing is the non-removable memory like integrated chip pieces)

the OS and the apps go into the non-removable internal memory afaik, I never heard of anyone messing with the internal memory of a phone o_O

Ok, I understand where you are getting at, thank you Scarlet. I was just wondering about whether it was installed in a removable memory slot or no... ++rap :D

Ok, I understand where you are getting at, thank you Scarlet. I was just wondering about whether it was installed in a removable memory slot or no... ++rap :D

What are you trying to do? change the OS of Android to a latest or custom AOS?

the best way to do that would be to jailbreak the phone, that way he would have access to everything, going directly to the memory itself seems a bit, idk, overkill?

the best way to do that would be to jailbreak the phone, that way he would have access to everything, going directly to the memory itself seems a bit, idk, overkill?
Let me clear some stuff, to "jailbreak" is more of an IOS term, since it means to allow IOS device to install applications that are not allowed by Apple, in Android, you can install any app even if it's not from the App store, all you have to do is change the settings " Applications" and Put a check mark on "Unknown Sources", what we really do is "Root" the device, which is to give the user root access to the device, with this access you can do anything to the device, install root-only applications and flash the ROM, there is an app that allows you to flash and install a custom ROM(a Custom Android OS), usually some or most of these ROMs are faster and have better security patches than that of mainstream Google Android OSes. The only downfall is that most are older versions(2.3 - 3.2) some are already making 4.0 ROMs, you have to look them up.

Yeah, I was gonna say hack it, but it seemed too generic to the argument, I used jailbreak because everyone knows what this would mean :p

Back