• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Any way to "kill" elfbot speedhack for 8.6?

filipus

Reaction score
So, I know latter versions of the game basically "killed" elfbot dash hack, was it a source edit or a lua script? How did they solve it?

Is there anyway to change my sources to still have a 8.6 server but that it doesn't allow that to happen?

Well, how did they solve it then in latter versions?
I don't have problems with botting because the server I'm making is not a grindfest at all. My only problem would really be speedhack, all other features bots have would be useless in my server. So, are you sure there is no way or are you just going "8.6 is botfest, it sucks, blablalba"?

its clientsided and theres no known way of solving it in 8.6
Attacking obviously is not handled by the client lol

Make it a punishment to attack to fast.
Just count the attacks made in a certain interval and if they exceed the limit disconnect the player or create a attack timeout.
Otherwise you could track the issue down and "really" fix it, but if you punish players using the script they will stop automatically so there is no need for that.

Attacking obviously is not handled by the client lol

Make it a punishment to attack to fast.
Just count the attacks made in a certain interval and if they exceed the limit disconnect the player or create a attack timeout.
Otherwise you could track the issue down and "really" fix it, but if you punish players using the script they will stop automatically so there is no need for that.
I am pretty sure he is not talking about the attack speed but the fact that elfbot has a tool that lets you run faster then possible.

I am pretty sure he is not talking about the attack speed but the fact that elfbot has a tool that lets you run faster then possible.
still possible to detect pretty easy...

calculate how fast you can be without using cheats, what's a possible speed of character, how many sqm he can run under a few seconds...
if a character would pass the amount of possible tiles a mentioned times, he would be detected as a dasher and actions could be taken from that point, whatever the owner would decide, delete, ban, freeze or something

Edit:
Making an easy calculator.

Base_ground = slowest possible tile
stone_floor = 100 (maybe)
calculate level and speed items that the char is wearing, set a time to pass like 20 tiles, use the variables from base_ground to decide how fast it can move on certain floors.
add 1-2 extra sqms to give more exact detections, and no misstake detection on fair players.

and there, you got a detection for it.
However you will have to either have something to determine the speed of floors, or set them yourself.

still possible to detect pretty easy...

calculate how fast you can be without using cheats, what's a possible speed of character, how many sqm he can run under a few seconds...
if a character would pass the amount of possible tiles a mentioned times, he would be detected as a dasher and actions could be taken from that point, whatever the owner would decide, delete, ban, freeze or something

Edit:
Making an easy calculator.

Base_ground = slowest possible tile
stone_floor = 100 (maybe)
calculate level and speed items that the char is wearing, set a time to pass like 20 tiles, use the variables from base_ground to decide how fast it can move on certain floors.
add 1-2 extra sqms to give more exact detections, and no misstake detection on fair players.

and there, you got a detection for it.
However you will have to either have something to determine the speed of floors, or set them yourself.
alright now make that lol

Yea it would be hard to script that.

Well, I've downloaded elfbot and didn't actually find any speedhack or dash thing. And I've looked around the internet and for 8.6 I couldn't find any either.

I also logged in the most famous 8.6 servers and they don't seem to have that problem.

Does any of you guys have it? If not, then maybe I'm worrying about something that is not even that common.

PS: In magebot there is a "speedhack" but it doesn't do anything..

Last edited:
maxpacketpersecond - set lower value and they will be auto-kicked

Hm.. interesting. But won't this create some problems with honest players? Sorry, don't understand packets that well.

Just google "elfbot dash"..

Thanks for your contribution. I use bing.

Again, as anyone here actually used a speedhack? Can't get them to work. The speed was always exactly the same or slower than clicking on the map/using arrows (since it's receiving input it would normally be slower).

I wouldnt call dash "speed hack", it is about the same as map clicking... it isnt much you can do with this.
If it is the same as map clicking then why do people see it as a problem? I always thought it was a big advantage :eek:
So I shouldn't worry about it that much?

there are many advantages with elfbot, like cavebot etc. And i wouldnt care about dash the most, you wouldnt be able to run from anybody with the same speed if you got dash he doesnt.

Hm.. interesting. But won't this create some problems with honest players? Sorry, don't understand packets that well.

Thanks for your contribution. I use bing.

Again, as anyone here actually used a speedhack? Can't get them to work. The speed was always exactly the same or slower than clicking on the map/using arrows (since it's receiving input it would normally be slower).
First of all, don't use bing. That is why you can't find anything.
Second of all, it's not a speedhack (well, sort of). It is not that beneficial for a lagless player, what it really does is it helps skip some frames when walking. It's hard to explain, try it yourself on elfbot. Auto 200 dash works, you can also try auto 200 moven, movee, movew, movesw etc, depending on which direction you want to go.

Back