• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Archived] "[Quick Showoff] Post your latest maps"

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mf50b7iU3G1rkty0bo1_250.gif
lolol

Dislike the mixture of grounds, lacks of gravel and the other small stones and use some diversity with the spider cocons. Southern part looks like it hasn't been finished

No offence, but I have never, ever, seen you say anything good about another's map. The constructive feedback is nice, but some positive feedback included would be helpful to others as well. Anyways, that's all I have to say.

No offence, but I have never, ever, seen you say anything good about another's map. The constructive feedback is nice, but some positive feedback included would be helpful to others as well. Anyways, that's all I have to say.

Then you're not looking well enough, because I do give positive feedback, but not as often as the 'negative' feedback. It's to help them, else they should not post the pictures here, would they?
What do you learn if someone's telling you everything you do is good but he doesn't point you on the wrong things?

It kinda looks like venore tarantula cave :eek: heres my version of it:

Oh, okay :) I've never been to the Venore tarantula cave, I didn't even know there was one haha.

I like the layout of your cave, but I'm not too sold on the detailing. I feel like the major culprits are that the "spider victims" being halfway on top of the cave walls, and that you've used too many of the same type of small stones. Also, I'm not sure whether the mountain borders are a decision on your part, but they're generally not used like that. The "normal" usage would look something like this:

B02QQhS.png

-------------------------

You bring up a good point here, and to an extent I do agree with what you're saying. It's generally not a great feeling to post something and then receive nothing but negative response in return. Having said that, however, I (and I believe most will agree) would rather see comments pointing out things they feel should be changed/removed/added and skipping any kind of positive feedback than not getting their input at all. Any discussion/commentary provides something in the majority of cases, as long as it doesn't devolve into downright bashing of the author or his/her work.

While I do feel like Rik123's comments are usually pointing out flaws, I don't see it as a bad thing. It's his/her choice to not include positive feedback when replying, and that's perfectly fine in my opinion :)

//End of thoughts on this topic :p

Thanks for the comments people! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back