• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua BUG BROWSE FIELD TFS 1.0 - 10.77

kaiquefb

Reaction score
Hello,

I spent my source 1.0 to 10.77 version and now I have a bug browse field.
You open and can walk up to 3 or 4 sqm aside and browse the field is still open. However not to pick up the items is just open. is there any solution for this?

Photos.
2j2x8iu.jpg

xbhkjn.jpg

Thank you.

Yes BRO 0.x is best cus elfbot yo i get many players = much donate = worth!! I don't use TFS 1.x cus bad cast:( rip

Personally I prefer 1.0 too, seems most bug-free. I have my own branch of TFS 1.0 that is because I have done a lot of source edits in it. If I want to upgrade a lot of scripts have to be rewritten so it is easier for me to backport some of the new features to my 1.0 branch when I need them (like the bug mentioned in this thread). Also I know that one time it will come that I will not be able to continue the old engine and I will have to upgrade to the new things and I am preparing for it. :) But if someone is happy with 1.0 than stay with it.

Personally I prefer 1.0 too, seems most bug-free. I have my own branch of TFS 1.0 that is because I have done a lot of source edits in it. If I want to upgrade a lot of scripts have to be rewritten so it is easier for me to backport some of the new features to my 1.0 branch when I need them (like the bug mentioned in this thread). Also I know that one time it will come that I will not be able to continue the old engine and I will have to upgrade to the new things and I am preparing for it. :) But if someone is happy with 1.0 than stay with it.
please tell me your logic since the entire tfs 1.1 milestone was to fix bugs and not to provide new features, yet you call 1.0 "most bug-free", but as I can see lots of issues in github were closed in the 1.1 milestone, man I just don't understand your logic :( @Mark

@Evil Puncker
Hmm you may be right. 1.0 = 1.1. I must say that I have never tried 1.1, I thought something changed in the scripting system like function calling using meta tables or some changes in NPC library. But that was probably added to 1.2 cuz that is the only I have tried. Didnt know about the information you said. ;]

Personally I prefer 1.0 too, seems most bug-free.

@Evil Puncker
Hmm you may be right. 1.0 = 1.1. I must say that I have never tried 1.1, I thought something changed in the scripting system like function calling using meta tables or some changes in NPC library. But that was probably added to 1.2 cuz that is the only I have tried. Didnt know about the information you said. ;]

GG, so you haven't even tested it and say it has more bugs?
Stop trusting what everyone says and try it out insted.

@WibbenZ

You do not have to test it yourself always. I was just checking the issue tracking on the github. If new features are added there is a big chance the new bugs will appear and that is the as it should be. Also the thread is aimed for 1.x so I correct my opinion = stay with 1.1/1.0 if it fits all your needs.

Anyway, server owners should sometimes try the new version so the new bugs could be found and fixed.

Well that might be your opinion, but mine is that you should try to stay with the latest at all times.
IMO it's rare that the new updates have major bugs in them.

and the "it have bugs, so I'll not use" is not a smart thinking since the tfs 1.x development is active, bugs gets fixed as soon as they are reported (not really, but don't take too long), so sticking with old versions is just plain stupid

I have reported some bugs in TFS in the past and also submitted fixes for some of them so I know that the developement is going fast. :) The thing is that I have not told only about the bugs but also about the changings in the scripting system and also about things that still can't be done using lua scripts and needs source edits everytime you want to update (yes you can use diff patches but you must check it anyway). And also the thing that happened for me not only once like the function player:goToBar(position, barType) changed to player:goToBar(barType, position) - ye it have not happened exactly the example I mention but they were updates I had to test about 600+ lua scripts to have a good feeling that everything is alright.

Anyway, the Shadowcores which in my eyes is "showcase of what TFS can do " is still using the TFS 1.0 and that is understandable.

My opinion is:
1. If you want to start new server - get the latest version and start developing on it, after some time make a huge upgrade to the latest engine
2. If you have running server - test everything 120% if it works before every upgrade - this needs a lot of time so cannot be done frequentely.

I have reported some bugs in TFS in the past and also submitted fixes for some of them so I know that the developement is going fast. :) The thing is that I have not told only about the bugs but also about the changings in the scripting system and also about things that still can't be done using lua scripts and needs source edits everytime you want to update (yes you can use diff patches but you must check it anyway). And also the thing that happened for me not only once like the function player:goToBar(position, barType) changed to player:goToBar(barType, position) - ye it have not happened exactly the example I mention but they were updates I had to test about 600+ lua scripts to have a good feeling that everything is alright.

Anyway, the Shadowcores which in my eyes is "showcase of what TFS can do " is still using the TFS 1.0 and that is understandable.

My opinion is:
1. If you want to start new server - get the latest version and start developing on it, after some time make a huge upgrade to the latest engine
2. If you have running server - test everything 120% if it works before every upgrade - this needs a lot of time so cannot be done frequentely.

Shadowcores has alot more changes then most other servers has, imo it isen't even 1.0.
You are correct, except that you only have to check the things they have updated, if they updated weapons well check a few of them etc.
And imo there is nothing wrong with staying a couple of updates back, but 1.0 is 1-2 year(s)? old.

I use TFS 1.0 because it's easier to manipulate, I know that is important to update to newer engines but, I already made alot of custom scripts and itens, sprites and some cpp (that would not be necessary on tfs 1.1+) and upgrading it would give me a headache to rewrite everything, besides the 1 million errors that appear on distro. OK, until now everything I said is easy to fix, BUT here comes the worst part! TFS 1.1 and 1.2 don't work with my items.xml, because it don't recognise the function within and NPCs start to ignore who says "hi" OMG!!! Alot of things start failing.... You know what? Is much easier to fix the bugs of TFS 1.0 myself since I have the OTLanders community to help me. Upgrading is just not worth the headache and time to restore everything.

But here is the thing, if someday someone or even I, starts a new server, I will obviously recommend/use the newest TFS.

Back