• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Building A New Computer

Sam

Banned User
Reaction score
Hey everyone, as the title states, I am building a new computer. What I made this thread for, is I need help of what website I should go to, in order to get the best prices for the best quality parts. I plan on getting Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 8 GB Memory, 500 GB HardDrive, (Please specify a good graphics card). I am willing to pay up to about 1.5 grand for this computer, (Monitor not included) and I'm not building a super computer.. But It's going to be VERY good and fast. And I hear that building the computer yourself cuts the overall price in half more or less. So yeah guys, I would appreciate the help.

I also heard (not sure, I'm not very good with computers) that a new type of memory is out. Its called DDR 3 I think and is ofc a little faster than the previous version.
I think that building it yourself is indeed a lot cheaper, but I'm not that sure that its like 50% cheaper... That would be awesome xD

I also heard (not sure, I'm not very good with computers) that a new type of memory is out. Its called DDR 3 I think and is ofc a little faster than the previous version.
I think that building it yourself is indeed a lot cheaper, but I'm not that sure that its like 50% cheaper... That would be awesome xD

Yes, it's a bit faster but it's very marginal.

I don't know what kind of games you are playing but the graphic card with best bang for the buck is currently ATi Radeon HD 4850 (retails for around ~85 EUR 512 MB and ~110 EUR for 1 GB).

If you got a high resolution monitor (1680x1080 or bigger) go for 1 GB version but with a smaller monitor there's no difference in the performance between 512 MB and 1 GB version and therefor 512 MB version is a better buy.

If you are planning on using the computer for personal use, cut down on the amount of RAM you have to about 4 GB. Then use the spare money to get a quad core processor instead of a dual core processor.

Back