• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
CAN YOU PLEASE ADD FLATLANDER'S PERK LIMITATION SUGGESTION ALREADY? PEOPLE'S DAMAGE IS GETTING OUT OF HAND WITH THEIR 90-100 PERKS IN FULL POWER LMFAO!

F

Best suggestion thats been giving to limit OP'ness, dont understand why this hasn't been figured out by Xagul & Synthetic before hand

Flatlander: Personally, I think there needs to be a little bit re-done with the perk system.
I think this is what should happen with the perk system:
Perk point 1->10 on any perk should cost 1 Point.
Perk Point 11-> 20 on any perk should cost 2 Points.
Perk Point 21->30 on any perk should cost 3 Points.
Perk Point 31->40 on any perk should cost 4 Points.
And so on.
This means, for example I have 47 Perk Points.
So yes, everyone likes Wisdom, lets put all of them in that.
10 points in wisdom would cost 10 points (I'd have 37 left)
20 points (total) in wisdom would cost 30 points (i'd have 17 left)
and I would only be able to get up to 25 points (with 2 points left over) total costing me 45 points.
So what would this cause?
Well honestly, I would probably put 10 points in Wisdom, 10 points in Prosperity, 10 points in Attack, 10 points in power, 7 points in armor.
You would no longer have people "resetting" all their points multiple times every day, because the difference between 10->25 wisdom, might not be worth losing 10 prosperity, 10 attack, 10 power, and 7 armor.
(Also I think there should be a Maximum Perk Point Cost, and you could simply calculate how much people have spent and give them the correct amount of perks to equal that) -- Since you would be spending TONS more perks, to get less benefit, a maximum cost would be nice.

because it was a really really good suggestion and should definitely make it in to the server lol

Doesn't look like that many people agree :p.

DeathZot Forum Vote on Perks

Kind of funny, the people with tons of perks are the ones saying they dislike the idea, even though they would have the SAME advantage as they do now, it would just be spread out.

For example, I have 50 perks.
I would probably just do 12 intuition, and around 22 prosperity. (thats 14 points in intuation, and 36 points in Prosperity)

Rather than right now, I just dump all 50+ points in one thing, and get a GIANT STUPIDLY OVERPOWERED BUFF.
Like, do people realize that I make a T5 item every 30 seconds while doing maps because of 50+ perks in prosperity? Or that I get over 4x my base experience when using both Intuition and gems?

AND I AM LOW ON PERKS COMPARED TO OTHER PEOPLE. No one will ever have a chance to catch up, because we BEAT your additional exp gain you get for free with our perks.

We might have .55x exp. and you might have 1.5x, but with our perks/gems we have double the exp that you have with perks/gems. Plus were killing harder monsters. If you haven't noticed, the people at the top aren't SLOWING DOWN in experience, they are SPEEDING UP! Every day I get more perk points, so do they. Renegade, Beil, and Stevie hunted for like 2 days, and gained more experience with their perks than the top 100 players players below them have gained since the beginning of the server.

Honestly, I bet the perk system will be fixed in the future whether people agree or disagree. Because it is a fact that it is broken and sooner or later everyone will realize it, but for now I'll let you all be ignorant and pretend you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like that many people agree :p.

DeathZot Forum Vote on Perks

Kind of funny, the people with tons of perks are the ones saying they dislike the idea, even though they would have the SAME advantage as they do now, it would just be spread out.

For example, I have 50 perks.
I would probably just do 12 intuition, and around 22 prosperity. (thats 14 points in intuation, and 36 points in Prosperity)

Rather than right now, I just dump all 50+ points in one thing, and get a GIANT STUPIDLY OVERPOWERED BUFF.
Like, do people realize that I make a T5 item every 30 seconds while doing maps because of 50+ perks in prosperity? Or that I get over 4x my base experience when using both Intuition and gems?

AND I AM LOW ON PERKS COMPARED TO OTHER PEOPLE. No one will ever have a chance to catch up, because we BEAT your additional exp gain you get for free with our perks.

We might have .55x exp. and you might have 1.5x, but with our perks/gems we have double the exp that you have with perks/gems. Plus were killing harder monsters. If you haven't noticed, the people at the top aren't SLOWING DOWN in experience, they are SPEEDING UP! Every day I get more perk points, so do they. Renegade, Beil, and Stevie hunted for like 2 days, and gained more experience with their perks than the top 100 players players below them have gained since the beginning of the server.

Honestly, I bet the perk system will be fixed in the future whether people agree or disagree. Because it is a fact that it is broken and sooner or later everyone will realize it, but for now I'll let you all be ignorant and pretend you know what you are talking about.
Don't need to tell me that, i realize its broken, i myself have 58 perks (i think thats a good amount) and when i have all my perks in atk i hit so hard most people don't even stand a chance, takes the fun part out of pvp really

Don't need to tell me that, i realize its broken, i myself have 58 perks (i think thats a good amount) and when i have all my perks in atk i hit so hard most people don't even stand a chance, takes the fun part out of pvp really

Exactly!
If everyone had 10 armor 10 attack 10 power on average, then it would be even.

For example, I go from around 20-30 million dps, to 100-120 million dps when putting everything in power and putting gems on.

THATS 5 fucking times my normal damage, just by switching my perks over. THAT is stupid. I can easily kill someone WITHOUT perks, the only people that can survive me when I have full perks on, are people double my level with 1-2 tiers of armor higher than me. And even then, I can kill them if they don't watch out.

OH! But wait! If they put all their perk points in armor, I can't even get them out of high-green health. They immediately become invincible, just by saying:
  • "reset"
  • "4 50"
  • "lol hax plx br noob"
/case closed

Most high levels have 50-60 perks, that seems to be the average within the circle of high-level semi-rich players. There are only like 2 players with 90+ perks, one of which did mc a lot of characters to make the money and the other who happens to be one of the highest levels and sold gear for cc to buy perks which is 100% completely legit and he deserves what he got hands down. The rest of the people seem to have around 30 perks, the difference between 30 and 50 perks really isn't that much when you compare the cost of acquiring said points.

I know the perks need something, but I don't think the double diminishing returns idea is the proper solution and I have seen many low levels disagree as well because they know it will hurt them just as much as it hurts the rest. I feel like maybe a overall limit per perk might be the better way to approach this issue, a soft cap on perks as Flatlander is suggesting does allow players to put more than say 10 points into a single perk, but its never going to be beneficial to do so as it takes 2x the amount of points and eventually 3x, sure the player still has the option but the player is stupid if they choose to do so as they would get much more value by placing the point somewhere else anyway with maybe the exception of loot rate. I think a limit of 25 per perk will happen realistically I think that is a good number given the fact that we are looking at players with 50 ish perk points they can put say 10 in soul regen 25 in power and if they wanna go all out they can put the remaining in attack, or maybe get some defense.

@ Flatlander
The difference between someone with 20-30 perks and someone with 50-60 perks is 30% experience or 30% power, w.e choice you decide. No matter how you try to explain your situation, there is no way when you reperk to full power that your damage is 4x what it is without the perks, that is the most exaggerated statement I've ever seen on thus far and I am willing to bet even with perks + gems it still is not 4x what it is without perks/gems. In fact I would go so far as to say that even with 100 perks and full set of gems, you still would not achieve 4x normal damage, that is just an absurd statement.

No Perks / No Gems (This is our control: Average Dps = 36,401,433)
DKySOT8.png

No Perks / Full Gems (Average Dps = 45,694,279 or +25.5% increase)
oiAAPse.png

60 Perks / No Gems (Average Dps = 54,684,243 or +50.2% increase)
tSjssvl.png

60 Perks / Full Gems (Average Dps = 70,542,748 or +93.7% increase)
VDIuCKx.png

I posted a new reply on the other forum.

I guess i'll copy it here.

Ok I will take the time to explain this LOGICALLY so all of you can understand what i'm thinking.

Personally, I think the perk system should be fun for new players, and veterans both.
The way I would propose doing this is, Double the bonus of every perk, and then add the +1 cost per 10 that I suggested.

That way, new players would see a decent increase in power! But you wouldn't quickly get overpowered.

So right now, you put 30 points in Attack, you'd get 30% attack.
After you double it, 30 points in attack would be 20 total perks, but you doubled the benefit, so you'd get 40% attack.

But what if you put 60 points in attack? You'd get a total of 30 points, which is 60% <--- WHICH EQUALS WHAT YOU'D GET NOW

The difference is, new players with 20 points can:
  • 10 points in attack and 10 in armor, and have 20% attack and 20% armor.
  • 15 points in attack OR 15 points in armor, and have 30% total attack OR 30% total armor

Veterans with 60 points, can:
  • 20 points in attack and 20 points in armor, for 40% attack and 40% armor
  • 30 points in attack OR 30 points in armor, for 60% attack OR 60% armor

See how that changes things? The low-perks now have less of a gap, but the higher-perks still have a benefit. Plus it rewards you splitting up your perks between different things. Sure you can put all 60 points in one perk, and get ONE HUGE benefit, or you can spread them out and have a lot of Decent Benefits.

Then in the future, when making monsters, Xagulz and Synthetic can assume "Well people can easily have 10 points in armor, at all times by now, so we can design monsters around that"

I hope this helps =/

Back