• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
I suggest a rift orb. These are orbs that randomly spawn that will throw you into a dungeon type area with good payouts. So if a player is botting and they land in one of these rooms it will interrupt them if they are fully afk. It'll also give manual players a change of pace and a decent bonus to them.

Although if the botter isn't afk it wouldn't stop them but I think it would be fun. bb!

i definitely feel like i was getting way more than 25 orbs per uber (atleast in 15k area)
and not that many orbs in between ubers
and when you get a regular orb it can be 4 different kinds also

I suggest a rift orb. These are orbs that randomly spawn that will throw you into a dungeon type area with good payouts. So if a player is botting and they land in one of these rooms it will interrupt them if they are fully afk. It'll also give manual players a change of pace and a decent bonus to them.

Although if the botter isn't afk it wouldn't stop them but I think it would be fun. bb!
doesnt stop botters if you set it up to detect that your char was moved

On the subject of rifts... I actually added random rifts in a similar way to how ubers work. They function similar to the rifts for rebirth characters by simply spawning monsters. The idea here was to maybe make some areas a bit more interesting/dangerous :)

I do like your idea but I think it will take some time to get a bunch of dungeons mapped... Also I am not sure what the goal would be? Maybe kill all monsters in the dungeon = get a reward?

Edit:
and when you get a regular orb it can be 4 different kinds also
Each orb type spawns independently so the different types do not hinder the chance to see a loot orb.

Yes but if you were cavebotting you would always be moved anyway and if you landed in a random place in a different spot everytime I think it'd be difficult for you to find a way to detect what waypoints to load. Even if your bot knew that it was moved from the botting location I don't see how random placement could be detected to load your needed waypoints for the next area.

Each orb type spawns independently so the different types do not hinder the chance to see a loot orb.
i guess
i cant really say anything for real since i have no numbers and cant actually see how it is, it just felt like loot orbs was insignificant in the loot gotten compared to chests + ubers

Yes but if you were cavebotting you would always be moved anyway and if you landed in a random place in a different spot everytime I think it'd be difficult for you to find a way to detect what waypoints to load. Even if your bot knew that it was moved from the botting location I don't see how random placement could be detected to load your needed waypoints for the next area.
it all depends on how that would be set up with different looking areas etc, but unless he put a lot of effort into it it wouldnt be that hard to set up a bot for (assuming you know yourself around elfbot pretty good that is..)

it just felt like loot orbs was insignificant in the loot gotten compared to chests + ubers
Of course it felt that way... because the entire point of chests/ubers was to create lootsplosions. Keep in mind that you don't choose to hunt ubers or normal monsters but rather you hunt normal monsters to gain exp/loot and along the way find ubers/chests. Both systems work hand in hand.

Edit:
I would almost rather create a "dungeon orb" instead of just making a better "loot orb". At least the dungeon orb would add another dynamic to the game rather than simply increasing numerical values on the loot obtained.

I would almost rather create a "dungeon orb" instead of just making a better "loot orb". At least the dungeon orb would add another dynamic to the game rather than simply increasing numerical values on the loot obtained.
maybe a new orb that drops a new type of map or item that decays within x minutes that teleport you to some kind of dungeon, it would indeed be interesting
maybe something like rifts but with monsters from the area you got it in instead, or instead of rifts spawning them more of a dungeon with harder and harder versions of the monsters and bosses on the way, like the arena in ancintera but as a dungeon (either bosses that are found in that area, or diffrent combinations of uber becoming harder and harder, or an uber in the end as a reward, etc..)
and maybe you could do so if ur in a party and both have a dungeon thingy you can go together (decay time might be tough tho)?

I took a shower and thought about it and the dungeon orb could also throw you in a room with one of those unique bosses that highlight areas. Something that could 1 hit if you don't move away from the area. You could also make it strong against normal attacks and cap the dmg that can be done to it by 5% of its health to prevent OP people from just 1 hitting it. Give the option to logout in the first 5 seconds before it spawns but then have people relog into the spawning room instead of the hunting grounds and boom minigame for trying to avoid.

Anyway i gotta go to work.

@Xagul if you are having an issue regarding the stacking vocations, (I recall you mentioning it on the forums) I wrote a metatable to do just that :)
It generates n ^ nth of vocations.. yea i was bored :p

So I guess after a quick brainstorm this is how the "rift?" orbs could work. Idk if I like the name "rift" or "dungeon" since they are terms already used in the server and may be confusing but for now we will just call them rifts.

1. Player kills monster, monster drops rift orb
  2. A timer is started and a random number of monsters are spawned throughout the rift area.
  3. The portal will remain open for the duration of the rift and anyone may enter.
  4. Upon killing all the monsters the rift will collapse and everyone inside will be teleported to the original orb location.
  5. A chest of some sort will spawn, loot/exp? will explode, the end.
stacking vocations
Whut?

So I guess after a quick brainstorm this is how the "rift?" orbs could work. Idk if I like the name "rift" or "dungeon" since they are terms already used in the server and may be confusing but for now we will just call them rifts.

2. A timer is started and a random number of monsters are spawned throughout the rift area.
  3. The portal will remain open for the duration of the rift and anyone may enter.
  4. Upon killing all the monsters the rift will collapse and everyone inside will be teleported to the original orb location.

Whut?
why not just call it nephalem rift and add a rift guardian :D

Whut?
Well maybe i found an easier way to give a player more then one vocation, the code was inspired by playing your server :)

why not just call it nephalem rift and add a rift guardian
Because blizz would destroy my soul... Also I am too lazy to sit and try to think of a million more interesting boss mechanics so that the encounters aren't boring tank and spanks. QQ

Well maybe i found an easier way to give a player more then one vocation
It sounds interesting but unless it has some clear benefits over what I currently have working, I don't see the need to re-implement it. It's not as if we are trying to fix anything in particular related to rebirth vocations. For all intents and purposes, the system is working as intended.

Oke :)

I rather not post it here on the forums, because then deathzot wouldn't be unique, I haven't seen any other server that is similar to yours when it comes to vocations.

nice, 3 days to play before fallout 4, perfect for training time. Should work perfectly with stam time

Back