• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Cannot use SHA1 encryption.

Zakhran

Pace
Reaction score
Hi all, it's me again.
When I put sha1 encryption on configlua, I open the server and this appears on console

WARNING: You cannot change the encryption to SHA1, change it back in config.lua.

BUT the server opens ANYWAYS.. but only a few can login and after seconds you can't login anymore, I was noticing problems with plain too, so i switched all my accounts to sha1 but now this problem.. someone knows how to solve it? thanks! :D

Firstly, you have to create backup of your database. You can do it via phpmyadmin as far I know. Later, you can try to convert all passwords from plain to sha1. Try this command for example:
Code:
UPDATE `accounts` SET `password` = SHA1(`password`);

After it, when you will be able to login on your admin character, you can manually change type of encryption in database by using this command:
Code:
UPDATE `server_config` SET `value` = "2" WHERE `key` = "encryption";

_
Regards,
sn3ejk

Back