• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Can't connect to my own server but others can?

Bascojin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have my ip in config set to my global ip and my friends (not on LAN) can connect to me using it. But When I try to connect with localhost I can get to the character screen but when I select a character it times out to:

Cannot connect to the game server.
Error: Connection refused. (10061)

Any help would be appreciated :)

Turned it off, but the port is forwarded on it anyway. My friends across the world can connect, just not me.

Is this a weird problem? I've never had it on any of my last servers.

EDIT: I tried swapping the login/game ports around and it still just stops when logging into a character, so it's not the ports. Just remember that I can login properly when I just have localhost in my config ip.

Last edited:
Without making a new thread.

Why in my last server magic damage and healing were normal, but in this new one everyones damage is very minimal. Last server I was 2x sd a dragon and now I need like 10.
I tried putting vocation.lua magdamage up to 9 but still hardly stronger.

Any idea?

Last edited:
On topic: enter cmd, type ipconfig, use ipv4-adress or ipv6-adress (most likely 192.168.1.#) (if not localhost/127.0.0.1 works :p)

hey hey :)
this is a old thread but i found it on google cause i have the same problem like the topic was..
i cant log into my own server but friends can log in..
i also tested my LAN ip but im not sure that was the LAN ip but i had the same problem again.. i got to the character list but then there is always the 'connecting to server' screen..
on the server is also noticed i loged in but on my tibia window is the 'connecting..' screen

please help me :(

Back