• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Change Map.

Vrotz

Reaction score
Hello!

I need a change map script.
So before someone speak that I didnt search for this script, please, move out.

Yes I searched for and found but i dont found the script that move the players OFFLINE!

I need that script move players for the new town like online n' offline.

Thanks.

Now why would you want to move them if they are offline? That makes no sense..
If it doesn't make any sense then coding it doesn't make it have sense either.
Much easier to "keep track" of the current map in-game, and moving the player once he logs in.
How effective is it to someone who doesn't play any longer to keep updating his position/town id? Waste of resources.

Now why would you want to move them if they are offline? That makes no sense..
If it doesn't make any sense then coding it doesn't make it have sense either.
Much easier to "keep track" of the current map in-game, and moving the player once he logs in.
How effective is it to someone who doesn't play any longer to keep updating his position/town id? Waste of resources.
0.3 seconds of wasteful resources. gasp.

Still, it's easier to make a 3 line teleport script in an onLogin function to do that than make a query for the database change x,y,z of each player that exists on the server I suppose.
this is true, however not what op asked for. ;p
Maybe he has an alternative reason for needing them moved while off line. - shrugs-

0.3 seconds of wasteful resources. gasp.

Well, I'm of course trying to set up a mentality, bad habits are better cut off from it's root..
Just because we now have tera-bytes and giga-bytes all around us it doesn't mean we should start doing whatever we want.
I've seen too many code that makes no sense because people "just code" and don't sit down for a minute to think HOW to achieve it!!

this is true, however not what op asked for. ;p
Maybe he has an alternative reason for needing them moved while off line. - shrugs-

You are right, but pointing out different alternatives that are better (basing ourselves solely in the information given by the op) and explaining why we think are the correct ones to be taken, IMO is far more productive to the OP and to anyone looking for the same answer.
If the OP has an alternative reason then he should mention it.

Back