• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Chat System - Shoutbox

Bica

Reaction score
@Siramix i know there is a IRC Chat (external software), but that chat system is not safe, you can read about it in previews post where i "made" a demo about @wyzr ip address.

I made this sugestion bcus the shoutbox is safe to use and there is no leak of our ip address.

Regards,
Bica

You can use QuakeNet VHOST if you are worried about your IP-address being exposed.

@Disturbed yep, agree those community have the shoutbox addon added into their forum. There are options that Guest/Unregisted/Unverified members cant use or see the shoutbox.

@Printer in every community there are always spammers, i dont care if spammers PM you you or not, "i answer always the same thing" <- thats called lazy for saying the same words.

@Three Magic IRC wrost program ever, tbh that chat system sucks, i prefer TeamSpeak (in my case), but shoutbox can be instaled into forum files. And Otland members may use the shoutbox if implemented in forum.

@Cornex as i said, you are free to not use it.

Regards,
Bica

1) You totally ignore the fact that a shoutbox could hinder OTLand's server perfomance. And beyond this, you totally ignore the fact that except from moderating the entire forum we, moderators, will also have to moderate a chat channel. Unless you're volunteering to do this for us but my guess would be that you'll get bored of it the second day.

2) IRC is not a program. It's a protocol. If you don't like the most common IRC client which is mIRC, you can go for X-Chat. It has more eye-candy.

3) You're also making a big drama to implement a shoutbox.

@Cornex just bcus you dont want the shoutbox doesnt mean that @Mark wont make/install it, as i said preview "this is a suggestion" and you are acting like a big asshole pretending to be a bad influence for every single member. As i said feel free to not use the shoutbox.

King Regards,
Bica

You're also acting as person who has complete knowledge about technical stuff and you don't see how a shoutbox can hinder OTLand's performance. There's an IRC channel, you can use it and if you're excuse is "our IPs are visible", you can use a VHost which I'm sure Quakenet provides or a VPN.

Back