• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Church 8.6

knighters god

Solutions
Reaction score
I would like some honest feedback and what I could improve with. This could help my mapping on more scenarios.
The left room is just a storage room.
11s1esn.png

The left room is a locked room with a quest.
xf6xwh.jpg

Looks really sweet! My only feed back would be to variate the trees on the side, other than that, the blood stains look mysterious :)

Looks really sweet! My only feed back would be to variate the trees on the side, other than that, the blood stains look mysterious :)
Thank you very much ^^ The bloodstains are there to be mysterious. and the trees are just temporary. Need to find something that fits good out there, those trees are better than nothing.

I switched the walls out and put some different trees on the sides, also removed the empty ugly room. Would love your opinion on what is better/worse with both and what I could do to improve ^^
290wn5d.jpg

ae5fo8.jpg

Are you making an OT or is this just a project you've wanted to do/doing? :)
Lookin' good by the way! :)

Are you making an OT or is this just a project you've wanted to do/doing? :)
Lookin' good by the way! :)
I'm making an OT ^^
But before it goes live I have to finish quests and atleast get the base of the map done :>

Going with the new pictures uploaded, I will critique them for you, because I have nothing better to do.
The premise of a church is too signify a holy structure which exudes peace and grandeur. Thus far, nice.
The removal of that wall was a great choice.
As the church is built on a cliff overlooking the sea.. what is the point of the fence?
I would remove the fence and add benches overlooking the view.
The sundial should be moved out over the water, on a medium sized balcony with white-tiled brick.
Remove 90% of the trees, and move the entire church to one side of the cliff.
It will provide more room for a garden, and will allow the 'blood room', room to grow.
Move the second floor balcony, 1 more level up, and where it is now, add stained glass walls.
The room on the left the 'storage room?', there is no feasible way for the cart to get in there. Replace with a book shelf.
The armor on the walls would never be in a church. Remove the shields.
The poison shrine doesn't fit well and should be replaced with a bed and table.
Downstairs, the tattered carpet doesn't fit with the rest of the decorations.. especially considering in the same room you have royal tapestries on the walls.
If it looks too bare, add a crate beside the stairs, and remove the carpet.
For the blood room, remove the trophy on the wall, switch the places of the dresser and couch, and add a picture/mirror behind the couch.

Past these critiques, fix the walkways and stairs, there are some border pieces missing.

Beyond that, you have a solid structure and premise for a good storyline.
Excellent work.

Good luck,

Xikini

Last edited:
Going with the new pictures uploaded, I will critique them for you, because I have nothing better to do.
The premise of a church is too signify a holy structure which exudes peace and grandeur. Thus far, nice.
As the church is built on a cliff overlooking the sea.. what is the point of the fence?
The sundial should be moved out over the water, on a medium sized balcony with white-tiled brick.
It will provide more room for a garden, and will allow the 'blood room', room to grow.
Move the second floor balcony, 1 more level up, and where it is now, add stained glass walls.
The room on the left the 'storage room?', there is no feasible way for the cart to get in there. Replace with a book shelf.
Downstairs, the tattered carpet doesn't fit with the rest of the decorations.. especially considering in the same room you have royal tapestries on the walls.
For the blood room, remove the trophy on the wall, switch the places of the dresser and couch, and add a picture/mirror behind the couch.

Past these critiques, fix the walkways and stairs, there are some border pieces missing.

Excellent work.

Good luck,

Xikini
u rly got time to write

Hey! I too have some time on my hands, so here's some more feedback :)

The structure of your building is fine, but there are a couple of things you have overlooked. I don't know whether or not this is intentional, but there are no windows on the first floor of your church. While we're on the topic of walls, I'm also not too sold on the decorative walls behind the altar; I would probably have gone with something less attention-grabbing.
The pillar type you chose also strikes me as out of place. I recommend the marble ones (ID: 1515) instead to match the walls.
There are also several items that look somewhat out of place, but Xikini has already touched on most, if not all, of those, so I'll skip that. However, try to put thought into the objects you place. A splash of water probably wouldn't fit very well in a hellish area, and I for one have never seen a wagon stored in a church :p

I used the general layout of your building to make one of my own. This will hopefully help you get some ideas you can play around with. :)
Nl3lyba.png

v1Wn2tk.png

OSa7waK.jpg

Excellent work.

Good luck,

Xikini
Hopefully I have done it better to cut down this list. The couch and the dresser is still at the same spot only because if the dresser is where the couch is a piece of the wall will overlap a piece of the dresser.
Hey! I too have some time on my hands, so here's some more feedback :)

The structure of your building is fine, but there are a couple of things you have overlooked. I don't know whether or not this is intentional, but there are no windows on the first floor of your church. While we're on the topic of walls, I'm also not too sold on the decorative walls behind the altar; I would probably have gone with something less attention-grabbing.
The pillar type you chose also strikes me as out of place. I recommend the marble ones (ID: 1515) instead to match the walls.
There are also several items that look somewhat out of place, but Xikini has already touched on most, if not all, of those, so I'll skip that. However, try to put thought into the objects you place. A splash of water probably wouldn't fit very well in a hellish area, and I for one have never seen a wagon stored in a church :p

I used the general layout of your building to make one of my own. This will hopefully help you get some ideas you can play around with. :)
Nl3lyba.png

v1Wn2tk.png

OSa7waK.jpg
I used some inspiration of your church and put atleast some into mine. And I'm wondering if you maybe know a better kind of roof I can use on mine. ( 8.6 client )
The reason some kind of wooden wall is on top of the stone altar is because the id 12560 ( UH rune on a gold plating ) turned into a Fireball rune on a silver plating.
2q20h89.jpg

I had no more ideas on the kitchen or the actual hall in the middle.
xdzf9j.jpg

The hero statue is supposed to be a grave for a hero pretty much.
2a98dcj.jpg

Hopefully I have done it better to cut down this list. The couch and the dresser is still at the same spot only because if the dresser is where the couch is a piece of the wall will overlap a piece of the dresser.

I used some inspiration of your church and put atleast some into mine. And I'm wondering if you maybe know a better kind of roof I can use on mine. ( 8.6 client )
The reason some kind of wooden wall is on top of the stone altar is because the id 12560 ( UH rune on a gold plating ) turned into a Fireball rune on a silver plating.
2q20h89.jpg

I had no more ideas on the kitchen or the actual hall in the middle.
xdzf9j.jpg

The hero statue is supposed to be a grave for a hero pretty much.
2a98dcj.jpg
rKaCbX1.jpg

For the flowers, try placing moon flowers interspersed with two heaven blossoms.
A nice alternative to the holy orchid might be a grave flower. (unless holy orchids are not in any quest, and you don't mind players picking it up every day.)

Last edited:
rKaCbX1.jpg

For the flowers, try placing moon flowers interspersed with two heaven blossoms.
I will work on this and come back ones done.

A nice alternative to the holy orchid might be a grave flower. (unless holy orchids are not in any quest, and you don't mind players picking it up every day.)
All I could do is to put "something sparkling" on so they can't take it ^^

( I removed the picture from the quote so it wouldn't take so much space )
I switched around and made a small modification on the road. The two red flowers are now on top of moon flowers. I tried to put some gravel borders underneath the pavment borders. Did not look so good. ^^
2u7pxs2.jpg

Just made a church for my city so heres some inspiration. (it's not that good didn't had a good motivation for it)

EmxBks7.png

83R6er9.png
I like the look of this church, but sadly I can't add that beautiful roof nor those walls ;(

Well I personally think it looks pretty good now. :p
I do agree the grass looks strange on mountain, but what can you do? :D

Back