• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Client 7.7 Error: Cannot connect to a login server

Innocentz

Reaction score
Hello people,

I'm trying to make an OT server from Cipsoft files and I'm following this tutorial, but I encountered this problem when I try to load character list:

error_login.png

My querymanager is working, my apache2, phpmyadmin and MySql is ok but I always encounter the same error over and over, it's my third try creating a VM with Ubuntu 18.04 and following the same tutorial carefully step by step but no luck, I searched every post in the forum and in internet but couldn't find what is causing it to fix this. When I try to login, my Linux receives the login attempt but TFLS and querymanager don't, it looks like it simply shuts the connection, all files are 100% with all IPs locations changed to my VM IPV4, ports, EVERYTHING is right. As you can see in this print, my Linux received the login attempt from my windows.

retorno_tentativa_conexao.png

I'm using a 7.7 Tibia client and no IP changer, I edited the client using Hex editor and every file with my VM IPV4 and nothing, tested with Putty and it opens connection and shuts it right after, tried pingin my Windows -> Linux and it receives the packages, I 'm not trying to host the archives in internet to public, just local.

Could somebody help me please? I don't know what else to do...

my Linux receives the login attempt but TFLS and querymanager don't
Querymanager only communicates with game server on its request. It is not supposed to receive anything until you choose character from the characters list and game server receives your enter game packet.
You are stuck at obtaining the characters list from login server, so it has nothing to do with either querymanager or cipsoft files at all. You may as well shut querymanager and game server down at this point, until you finally get answer from login server.

Got it, thank you for explain that, i did the file download "realotsloginserver-master" from github, in that case I should verify the files config.lua and gameserver.xml because the problem is there? If that so, I already verified every line of code and every line of code I needed to change are correct like tutorial, all IPV4 are from Ubuntu VM, even Mysql connection. Could you please give me a hint where I should look for errors? I just need a tip to follow to find out what is going on and there are more people with this problem in the original thread.

Hi,

Did you change to your VM IP in all five places with Hex editor?

If you want, I can give you my files and you then try adjusting to your IP, because I have it all worked out. Just send a hello at GMF#8477.

Last edited:
The tcp packet reaches the host machine, so it is safe to assume that he did replace the ip correctly.
@Innocentz Did you confirm that login servers doesn't receive it? Show the output of your login server when you run it. And link the sources.

Last edited:
I had the same problem recently.

Edit the 7.70 client with a hex editor and make sure that all 5 hosts below have been replaced with your VM's IP address:

Code:
test.cipsoft.com
server.tibia.com
server2.tibia.com
tibia1.cipsoft.com
tibia2.cipsoft.com

Hey guys, thank you for the replies, I managed to make it work somehow, I think my tibia client were bugged because everything were setup right, every permissions were set and it wasn't working, so the only thing I did was: I reinstalled my tibia client and made the necessary IPv4s edits again and it worked! I even got it working on another virtual machine I had the same issue and I just made this changes.

I will let this post from @SilverFern that may help more people with this or other problems. It's updated for latest Ubuntu versions and have an automated script to set up.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back