• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Connection Refused on VPS with Debian

Baahzera

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I've downloaded and compiled fine these sources (path_8_6):
otxserver/path_8_6 at otxserv3 · mattyx14/otxserver · GitHub

I'm running this server on a VPS, the ports are correctly forwarded and open, as i've checked here HalfAway - Tools & Layouts

Things I've tried:
Reviewed config.lua (fine)
Reviewed port forwarding (fine)
Reviewed hosts file (as I've read few topics found with forum's search engine)
Reviewed login.lua (fine)
Reviewed console errors (fine, no errors)

It work just fine to load character list, but when I click on a character's name the client pop window saying:
"Cannot connect to the game server.
Error: Connection refused (10061)
The game server is offline (...)"

I tested on ************ with server open (ports 7171 and 7172 shown has open) and with server closed, so it game me Closed ports, of course.

Any clues about this?

Edit: for some reason it's working now. I restarted VPS, the server, did all kind of stuff and it didn't work. Now it just started working and I don't know why.

Last edited:
Hello guys.

I've downloaded and compiled fine these sources (path_8_6):
otxserver/path_8_6 at otxserv3 · mattyx14/otxserver · GitHub

I'm running this server on a VPS, the ports are correctly forwarded and open, as i've checked here HalfAway - Tools & Layouts

Things I've tried:
Reviewed config.lua (fine)
Reviewed port forwarding (fine)
Reviewed hosts file (as I've read few topics found with forum's search engine)
Reviewed login.lua (fine)
Reviewed console errors (fine, no errors)

It work just fine to load character list, but when I click on a character's name the client pop window saying:
"Cannot connect to the game server.
Error: Connection refused (10061)
The game server is offline (...)"

I tested on ************ with server open (ports 7171 and 7172 shown has open) and with server closed, so it game me Closed ports, of course.

Any clues about this?

Edit: for some reason it's working now. I restarted VPS, the server, did all kind of stuff and it didn't work. Now it just started working and I don't know why.

Well something isn't fine :p
In cases like this I always start at config.lua, is there any return false in there? Or tbh does it return anything else but true?
If not there probbly is a problem with one of the ports or the IP is wrong.

Well something isn't fine :p
In cases like this I always start at config.lua, is there any return false in there? Or tbh does it return anything else but true?
If not there probbly is a problem with one of the ports or the IP is wrong.

It's fine. I changed nothing and it is working again. So weird.

Thanks for your answer, WibbenZ.