• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Contribute With Your Hunting Grounds/Spawns! [8.60]

Bayue

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/jMb2Nju33
Reaction score
Hello fellow OT-landers!

I am soon going to set up a server with dedicated hosting, as soon as the map is complete.
It's going to be a map with a custom town (will look a bit like evolution), a great temple with depot and more including TP's (monster TP room, quest TP room, trainers, event's etc)
The thing is I do not want to use the same hunting grounds/spawns as in all the regular evolutions, therefore I ask you guys, the community here on OtLand to help contribute with your own made hunting ground/spawns. Although it's going to be a server with TP's I still feel like I want it to be a serious server with exp stages (a bit like the exp stages on telania) and I want to bring that RPG feeling to the server, which is why I ask everyone who wants and have time to submit their own content to help and develop this map, and from what I have seen here on OtLand I can tell that there are a lot of experienced mappers who can really get you that RPG feeling.

Here's a list of the hunting grounds/spawns that I need help with:

Rotworms, Dwarfs, Cyclops, Tarantulas, Vampires, Necromancers, Trolls, Tortoises, Minotaurs, Orcs, Pirates, Mutated Humans, Barbarians, Dragons, Dragon Lords, Giant Spiders, Wyrms, Quaras, Spectres, War Golems, Water Elementals, Blue/Green Djinns, Ancient Scarabs, Black Knights, Bog Raiders, Hydras, Frost Dragons, Destroyers, Nightmares, Serpent Spawns, Behemoths, Lost Souls, Demons, Plaguesmiths, Dark Tortureres, Warlocks, Hellfire Fighters, Hellhounds, Grim Reapers, Undead Dragons, Juggernauts, Lizards, Drakens.

Note that all of these spawns may still have several creatures. Example: Carrion Worms can be found in the Rotworm cave.

I hope to get a lot of good response to this project, and I will post pictures simultaneously as I update the map with your submissions.

Here's some pictures of the temple and monster spawns so far, I'm currently working on them both and the city.

Click on the pictures to make them larger.
temple.JPG
temple 2nd floor.JPG
sky.JPG
monster spawn.JPG

Last edited:
Can't hold all these teleports. RPG feeling while not giving player pleasure of discovering new areas or finding new spots ? I can't imagine that.

The screenshots you provided so far all seem to have a lack of detail.. Should start with 1 main city and add the rpg to it instead of worrying about expanding so fast

The screenshots you provided so far all seem to have a lack of detail.. Should start with 1 main city and add the rpg to it instead of worrying about expanding so fast

I know, I haven't added so much details yet. I'm focusing on the main parts first, like establishing where all houses will be and so on.

I know, I haven't added so much details yet. I'm focusing on the main parts first, like establishing where all houses will be and so on.

If you are serious about making a "map" ;

step 1: get a big piece of paper and draw what you have in mind , gradually add in details(name of spawns, buildings, layouts, etc) (this is about 10% of the entire time ur gonna spend on the project)

step 2: do the same as step 1, but this time on ur pc, gradually adding in detail

alternative step 2: start in a corner, and gradually expand (immediatly adding in details)

step 3: add npc's,monsters etc

step 4: (i'll continue once u get here, should take u a couple of weeks (depends on ur workspeed)

Back