• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Copyrights/laws

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Hi,
so in my progress of web development. I've now got enough to write my own website from scratch. (HTML/CSS with a small portion of JS and databases of MySQL)
So, since I am new to laws and copyright. I know that images and/or artwork of tibia is copyrighted in my way of usage.

What I am doing is that I am creating a webpage where you can view help of setting up your own server and/or order it directly from me where I take care of any step and request of the user which I've done since 2021 over at discord/otland.

However,
due to rights and laws. Would this be legal for me to host up without getting into trouble later on?
(I am avoiding any direct image of tibia/game footages) But ots are still violating the copyrights of tibia, which is why this is a question of mine.

Last edited:
Ever heard of any OTS being sued? No? Exactly.
Well, I've heard of a few only. But no data to back it up, however. This is not an otserver project which is why I am asking about this.
Since it'll be a webpage directed to support people to setup illegal copies of CIpsoft's game directly and even take paid to help them do so. If this was an ot server, I'd have no worries about it. But now that it'll be a small "company/business" model as a start of my career in full stack.

Back