• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DDoS Attacks are Depressing

imkingran

Learning everyday.
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm using OVH (anti-ddos protection), I have some iptables installed as well. What else can I do to prevent against an attack? It's kind of depressing. You work so hard on a server and some jerk out there just wants to take it all away and I feel defenseless.

OVH sends me the e-mail, "We are detecting an attack on server with ip address x.XXX~~ and we are moving it into our mitigation system", but I don't see what the point of that is if the server goes down anyways.

What I'd like to know from you guys is there something else I can do on my end to help protect my server?

@imkingran ; try what I said, it makes your game nearly impossible to detect, so if you got a few players they wont disconnect from the custom client which will link to your actual server, while the website is on another dedi

Thanks for the advice, sounds like a solid plan.

Back