• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Dedicated server [Requirements]

Sweetlove

Reaction score
Yo, im this close l-l from buying a dedicated server but not sure where from or what requirements there are for hosting an ot server.

And how many players you got then? Its either you installed it wrong/bad script or alot of players. Evo servers rarely go over 100, at max 200. And as said above, 500-1000 only uses afk trainers and bots. Give me an url with a normal evo or swev server with 500-1000 players PLEASE!
Get 1-2gb why buy 2-4 times more then you need? And having a daily global save is also good since some botters dont know what a reconnect script is.
WibbenZ

You can easily get 500players online on the most active times a day if you have a good server.

- - - Updated - - -

Update:

Just checked our Mysql server on work that runs on Red hat.

It uses 800MB * 2 (Load balancing)
I can assure you that our database is smaller then a server with 200 players

Ok sorry u might be right, but server 1 - 1.5gb .. -_
evo uses 200-650 mb, at max.
Bai.

JoccE

Are you drunk? ^_^

I have hosted 110mb map, with 400 players, global save after every 24h it costed like 3-4GB Ram, evo serv 70mb map with 450 players i only had like 2,5GB ram.

But if you want to have like 1000 players you must have like 4-6GB ram no more. But im sure he won't have 100 at the begening.

Of course all depends of server and code optimization.

@up

Linux Debian 6.0 for sure :D

True, well its kinda what you what, windows is safe if you setup right. But if you get more players linux is better, since it uses almost 1gb less ram, and (havent tried) but don daniellos ip talbes might help abit with ddos.
WibbenZ

Its more complicated, either pay snake 5 eur and he will help you. Or install linux on your own computer as a side of windows, and try to compile your tfs. (since you always have to recompile it)

Hi,
Could you tell me how many players will be able to play on this machine(TFS 0.3.6)?
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz
RAM: 9GB
HDD: SSD 120GB RAID10
BW: 1Gbps

EDIT: Map size: about 30MB.

Last edited:
Back