• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dedicated Server Security

Ledawolo

Reaction score
Hello, Cannot install av beacause it says its not the right OS version.

Is there any program designed for dedicated server security?

ur OS ?
i don't recommend u to install antivir because it will only lag ur computer better install on home computer antivirus and scan files there ... but i recommend u to install firewall.

Also linux can be a horrible security issue if you don't know how to use it properly, my friend had a linux server and he barely knew anything about linux, he just installed a distro suggested by a tech-savy friend of his, and that same month his ISP canceled his account because apparently someone hacked into his linux PC and used it to hack other sites and servers.

So yeah, linux is way better than windows when it comes to stability and memory usage, but it is way harder to manage and can be a BIG security risk unless you know what you're doing.

Back